Songs for Suzanne - Australia

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Kevin S

Songs for Suzanne - Australia

Post by Kevin S »

Hi
Thrilled I found this forum - I've been listening to Leonard since I was 14 and read all this books and poems before I was 21.
I wonder if anyone has been to the Songs for Suzanne show by Henry Wagons, Rebecca Barnard, Delsinki and Alma Zygier. They are performing in Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia soon and wondered if it was worth going.
Thanks
Kevin
B4real

Re: Songs for Suzanne - Australia

Post by B4real »

Hi Kevin,
Welcome to the forum! Lots of things for you to discover here :)

First up, check out this link to Songs For Suzanne from last year in Melbourne. There are reports about it from those who went to see it then - https://www.leonardcohenforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=39414
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

Hi Kevin,

I have seen this show before and do recommend it a lot. 8) You can see my report as per the link in B4real’s post above.

In fact I’ll be attending it again on Sat, 25th (Thornbury gig).

Cheers,
Andrew :)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

Tonight’s performance of this show was sensational, in the more intimate venue of Thornbury Theatre.

The sets were the same, but in terms of performers, the Duracks were not included. However, the addition of Alma Zygier was fantastic, as she’s a young jazz singer with an amazing noticeably unique voice; her rendition of Bird On A Wire was mesmerising. 8)

I hope you are going tomorrow night, Kevin.

Cheers,
Andrew :)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~

Return to “Comments & Questions”