a lot of activity

This is for your own works!!!
Geoffrey

a lot of activity

Post by Geoffrey »

hello friends. as it is so quiet in this section there seems little point in updating the 'never-ending gallery', although pictures will continue to appear as usual on other websites for as long as there is an interest. hope anyone reading this is keeping well :)
Last edited by Geoffrey on Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dar

Re: little activity

Post by dar »

You're going for views G? Just as I finally managed to log in - this is no way to say goodbye. I've left all social media except for this forum. I could not manage to log in for the longest time. But, I've been enjoying seeing you appear here and the postings of your drawings. Don't go G, now that I'm almost 70! xo
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

dar wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:42 pm You're going for views G? Just as I finally managed to log in - this is no way to say goodbye. I've left all social media except for this forum. I could not manage to log in for the longest time. But, I've been enjoying seeing you appear here and the postings of your drawings. Don't go G, now that I'm almost 70! xo
lovely surprise, dar. i look in here from time to time, and usually answer if there is a message. good to know you are around, and have sorted out the pesky internet problems. the number of views concerns me a certain amount, but not too much. it's just that there's not a lot of point in having a gallery in the middle of a desert.
according to my experience, the maximum amount of images in a single post here is limited to three, and their resolution cannot exceed 255kb. have a nice day, and thank you for dropping in :). love and hugs xxx
-------------------------------------------------
a week or so ago at ålesund's dråpe café
i think, sebastian, therefore i am.jpg
she comes to you light as the breeze
a light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.jpg
you want it darker
just don't be offended next time if i don't say hello before i shoot.jpg
dar

Post by dar »

Thanks for sharing the sketches G. The Dark Knight...definitely caught the darkness. Nice work and nice to see you too my long time friend in all things Cohen. xo
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

dar wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:08 am Thanks for sharing the sketches G. The Dark Knight...definitely caught the darkness. Nice work and nice to see you too my long time friend in all things Cohen. xo
hello again, wonderful dar. sometimes i find i get to thinking of the past, but you will always be a shining light :)
--------------------------------------------------
everybody's got this broken feeling like their father or their dog just died
why so serious.jpg
i can't run no more with that lawless crowd
do you know whether marlon brando used an earpiece.jpg
he's touched your perfect body with his mind
how many nights i prayed for this, to let my work begin.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

if you want to strike me down in anger, here i stand
shared suffering, she'd found, was no guarantee of intimacy.jpg
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Greetings, Geoffrey.
I look for and enjoy your artwork every day.
I do not belong to any other public forum that you may post on, so please continue to contribute here.
Many thanks for your creations in the past and hopefully in the future.

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
dar

Post by dar »

I second that emotion Alan.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

thank you so much, alan and dar - for friendship and encouragement - it means everything!
saw this couple walking in the rain in ålesund yesterday :)
going home.jpg
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Thank you, Geoffrey.
Both for the drawing and your nice comment.
Also for expanding my knowledge - I now know that it sometimes rains where you live.

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

AlanM wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:28 am Thank you, Geoffrey.
Both for the drawing and your nice comment.
Also for expanding my knowledge - I now know that it sometimes rains where you live.

Alan
it rains quite often, alan, but at this time of the year it's very welcome - as you might well agree. nothing can equal the feeling of being alive more than walking in the warm summer rain. umbrellas are not really necessary. here is a picture from yesterday. these are easy to do; i wish you would have a go. thanks for dropping by :)
even the smallest one can change the world.jpg
"if there were no paintings in the world, mine would be very important.
as this is not the case, let me make haste to get in line
- well towards the back." leonard cohen
the things we dislike most in others are the characteristics we like least in ourselves.jpg
its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning »

G, like Alan I do not "do" popular social media, but I do check here.

The thing about an art gallery in the desert is, at least you know the ones that find it care about the art!

2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

its4inthemorning wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:02 pm G, like Alan I do not "do" popular social media, but I do check here.

The thing about an art gallery in the desert is, at least you know the ones that find it care about the art!

hello four in the morning. it's seven in the evening here and i have just come home after being out since soon after breakfast. first with a man friend, helping tow a caravan from a to b. then at the hospital to collect a lady friend who works as a nurse. i walked around the corridors while she finished with a patient. then we drove in my toyota yaris car to a picturesque place in the nature and went for a long walk. we sat on a bench for a while and then back to the car. we had planned to go to the shopping centre to eat at a restaurant but she said she wanted really to take me back to her place at mauseidvåg and make dinner for me. i said that's fine with me if you really want to, and she said she just had to pop into a supermarket on the way to buy some fresh salmon - so that's what we did. she said i could wait in the car if i wanted but i said i'd go with her into the shop because i wanted to buy some boba blueberry pearls.

then to her place, i sat on the sofa reading a book she had on a coffee table ('omgitt av psykopater') while she was in the kitchen. i asked if i could help but she said no just sit down and relax. after about half an hour she laid the dining room table and we sat down to eat a delicious meal of pesto salmon, potatoes, carrots, garlic sauce, and a dressing made with herbs and oil. to drink she served ice cold home-made passion fruit cordial from a crystal glass carafe. then we sat down in the lounge which was like a florist's, flowers everywhere, orchids, lilies - not plastic - they were the real mccoy still growing in pots. she made coffee, with a variety of exotic chocolates and some peanuts that were coated in some spicy golden crispy stuff, and also two different kinds of cakes. one sort was round like small doughnuts with white fondant icing on top and the other sort were like little chocolate whirls inside brown baking paper that was shaped like an origami rose.

after this i gently broke it to her that i had to go, because i had to drive back to ålesund and it was rush hour and i had to meet some people outside the music school because we had been invited to a private concert of pupils playing chopin. there was a lot of food on one of the tables, good wholesome healthy food, fresh fruit, focaccia bread with greek salad with thick balsamico sause, carrot cake, you name it. all i could manage was an apple, because juanita had given me such a lovely meal a short while prior to this gathering.

i understand it very well when people say they don't like social media; it's certainly not for everyone. you need to be a social person who enjoys contact with people, so it appeals to my nature perfectly. i don't have a television, remember - so i use a computer a lot when home. tik tok, instagram, facetime, twitter, messenger, whatsapp, facebook, snapchat - all these are great if you are someone who likes interacting with others, my phone never stops 'pinging' with messages. i think this is why people invite me to parties and gatherings all the time, because they know i am a kind and social person who is interested in other people. a good person is someone who would never boast that they are good, and that is something i have never done.

bye for now, and thanks for writing :)
-------------------------------------------------------
this can't be me, must be my double!
all i did was pass this stupid rig a couple of times and he goes flying off the deep end.jpg
https://feversofthemind.com/2022/06/15/ ... nt-kindle/
ballpoint pen
shakespeare is the happy hunting ground of all minds that have lost their balance.jpg
dar

Post by dar »

You've still go it G. Your writing sketches the moment like your sketches catch the moment. I can smell the flowers, taste the food and feel the friendship. Thank you for sharing your day. Felt like I was there. What a generous and wonderful friend. You're a lucky man.
its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning »

G, your will and luck (everything is due to a combination of both) seem to have placed you in an idyllic spot to enjoy the years ahead of you. Despite lifetimes of trying many--probably most--never wind up finding their "spots," so you have played the game of life well.

Thanks for your vignette about how you spent yesterday, and I echo dab's thoughts on that. It makes me think that it might be useful if more people occasionally recounted (at least in their own heads) their activities and interactions of the previous day, both to reflect on their blessings and remind of their blunders.

2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”