never-ending gallery

This is for your own works!!!
its4inthemorning

Re: never-ending gallery

Post by its4inthemorning »

G, hope you can escape being taken advantage of tonight, if that be your will. In any case, should red wine be served tonight, take care to not spill any.

2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

its4inthemorning wrote:
> G, hope you can escape being taken advantage of tonight, if that be your will. In any case, should red wine be served tonight, take care to not spill any.

it all went smoothly, though i was a little tense at the beginning. thank you for thinking of me. it was a private affair, just regina and myself with a married couple, gunnhild and tormod. they had prepared an impressive table displaying smörgåsbord. playing very softly through a speaker i believe was either schubert or liszt. not willing to show my ignorance i didn't like to ask. it was discovered that no one present had much of a desire for alcohol, and that caused me to feel more relaxed - as ladies often tend to become more amorous when tipsy. we were served a bottle of norwegian mozell, followed by black coffee, and sat on the sofa picking out one or two ferrero rocher chocolates as we engaged in small talk. it was a lovely quiet evening, just the four of us. our chit-chat slowly acquired a more intellectual flavour, covering many subjects, but mainly the renaissance, and then english romantic period literature.

i need not have worried about being attacked, as regina conducted herself impeccably. :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i close with a rare picture of leonora cohen, leonard's half-sister ;)
i don't like what happened to my sister.jpg
https://youtu.be/BeVOkjOT4Lk
river's_disguise

Re: never-ending bullery

Post by river's_disguise »

That sounds marvellous. I hope it all works out for you, Geoffrey.

Very rarely as you're wandering through life, you spot a true diamond. Sometimes you can reach that diamond and appreciate it up close. Sometimes you can only admire it from a distance. Either way, your life has been enriched.

I hope you don't mind me planting yet another comment here about myself, but at some point, on an entirely different part of the internet, disconnected from here, I may start posting again. Grass will be green only because it's grass, and the sky will be blue because it's sky - nothing more.

Thank you for your interest and best wishes to all.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

river's_disguise wrote:
>Sometimes you can reach that diamond and appreciate it up close. Sometimes you can only admire it from a distance. Either way, your life has been enriched.

thank you, river's_disguise! did you see rihanna in the super bowl half-time slot? pregnant and spectacular!! it's on youtube, and was sent live into my home. she sang all my favourites, including 'work', 'umbrella' and the one below that relates to your message. we are so lucky to have many amazing performers around right now, and it seems females, for some reason, dominate the upper realms of excellence. not everyone would agree with me, of course - so easy to get stuck in a particular genre and close-minded to new impulses.

>I hope you don't mind me planting yet another comment here about myself . . .

not at all, people talking about themselves is what i like more than most anything.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
sometimes i like to imagine what people are thinking :)
fortis fortuna adiuvat.jpg
https://youtu.be/gHdODMgZnlY
every heart to love will come
i want to be a healer, and love all things that grow.jpg
hopeless minimalism, but nobody is good at everything :)
i was killing people while you were still swimming around in your father's balls.jpg
(leonard was no ornithologist; this was a seagull, of course.)
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

green sleeves, you're all alone . . .
i have seen healthier graveyards than that woman's womb.jpg
river's_disguise

Post by river's_disguise »

The "Dead Parrot Sketch"...is a sketch from Monty Python's Flying Circus about a non-existent species of parrot, called a "Norwegian Blue". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Parrot_sketch
So, it wasn't a seagull after all! Thank you, darling.

Geoffrey, I have to go now, but I just wanted to say - may you always enjoy a beautiful life, bursting with love and wonder!

By the way, did anyone ever point out your passing resemblance to Dafydd Iwan ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llkwpwdk2ro
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

river's_disguise wrote:
>Geoffrey, I have to go now, but I just wanted to say - may you always enjoy a beautiful life, bursting with love and wonder! By the way, did anyone ever point out your passing resemblance to Dafydd Iwan ;-)

quite so, my dear - your comments are welcome. thank you for kindness. with eight billion humans running around there is bound to be an occasional duplicate. yesterday evening i sat opposite an elderly gentleman who was the spitting image of the late harry dean stanton. 'paris, texas' has always been one of my favourite films :)
https://youtu.be/sRSGF1eADow
--------------------------------------------
here is a picture from some days ago, an addition to the never-ending 'people seen on my travels' series :)
the most creative people have this childlike facility to play.jpg
"cleanliness is next to godliness" -mahatma gandhi
never pick a fight with an ugly person, they've got nothing to lose.jpg
https://youtu.be/dCisln-xLLo
another page in the endless sketchbook of useless doodles :(
blame is for god and small children.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

i know you've all been waiting for an updated photo, so here's one taken this evening.
two good friends who have more in common than most people :)
b-b-b-baby, you just ain't seen n-n-nothin' yet.jpg
dar

Post by dar »

Your friend has the sweetest face and what a smile...lights up the room. Thanks for sharing the pic. Adorable :D !
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

dar wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:18 pm Your friend has the sweetest face and what a smile...lights up the room. Thanks for sharing the pic. Adorable :D !
thank you, dar. yes, he's a special guy, in several ways.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
continuing the never-ending sketchbook doodles :)
every dream i ever dreamed has come true a hundred times.jpg
i hate it when people scribble on books :(
love is 2 minutes and 52 seconds of squelching noises.jpg
sales people are trained to be knowledgeable, have a relaxed manner & display confidence. they know that body language can be as persuasive as the voice. i love studying everyone, but these individuals fascinate more than most :)
life seems but a quick succession of busy nothings.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

admit it, we've all done this, but being called childish is a compliment - and toys are fun :)
action is the antidote to despair.jpg
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Hi Geoffrey,
I recall you (gently) chastising me for claiming I couldn't draw.
This appeared on my YouTube options list today and I thought you may be interested.
It has had many viewings, so you may already be aware of it, but others may find it intriguing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TXEZ4tP06c

Best wishes,

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

AlanM wrote:
>Hi Geoffrey,
>I recall you (gently) chastising me for claiming I couldn't draw.
>This appeared on my YouTube options list today and I thought you may be interested.
>It has had many viewings, so you may already be aware of it, but others may find it intriguing.
>Alan

wow, a long time since i watched that one! so good that you are looking at things like this, and cartoon figures are so wonderfully minimalistic. as the guy says at the end, we can all do more than we believe, not only in drawing but in everything. thanks for posting this!
https://youtu.be/WWYLM9opelw

i have long been interested in creativity, but for the most part it lay dormant deep within the inner self - despite always being in possession of good karma. the breakthrough came years ago when given anni sennov's irreversible auratransformation and ego removal - as has been mentioned here earlier. leonard's teacher roshi died a very old man in 2014, and anni died 6 july 2019 only half his age - but we can all still learn from these people :)
https://sennovpartners.com/anni-sennov/
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

elvis tries his hand at painting :)
you might find that you can be your own hero even if you feel broken inside.jpg
happy weekend to one & all :)
if you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.jpg
young band who walked on stage a couple of weeks ago. you will all hate this, but not me! :)
https://youtu.be/VMcxCnQ_ylE
outstanding violin virtuoso at ålesund's kulturhuset yesterday evening :)
if it bleeds, we can kill it.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

not that this is a good example, but even scraps of paper can have potential :)
i would never hurt my wife maggie & i would never hurt my son paul.jpg
Thank you to a precious American friend (DN) who sent a package of old books saying "Do with them as you will!" :)
promising too much can be as cruel as caring too little.jpg
no man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar.jpg

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”