never-ending gallery

This is for your own works!!!
Geoffrey

Re: never-ending gallery

Post by Geoffrey »

norwegian winters are no fun when the temperatures are sub-zero and the car is covered in ice.
i admit that this is not gallery material, unless one considers mother nature's harsh work as art.
one bastard goes in another comes out.jpg
that's how it goes
maybe buddha's got it right, we reincarnate every time.jpg
i've been listening to all the dissention
marry the spirit of your generation & you will be a widower in the next.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

study of happy friend in cafe :)
hello henry. well, if you're hearing this, there's one more thing i need you to do.jpg
scott wrote: great god, this is an awful place! but donovan turned to zen with: first there is a mountain, then there is no mountain . . .
a grenade a day keeps the enemy away - hardcore henry.jpg
gentleman following a play at the theatre
i kept my eyes on the nobel prize - hardcore henry.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

the never-ending comic series. this time an art critic with excellent taste :)
i was staring through the cage of those meticulous ink strokes.jpg
rough sketch of canadian songwriter jessie reyez
i never had any musical standards to tyrannise me.jpg
https://youtu.be/XkSKwCq7Mto
we celebrate the birth of jesus, but no one knows what he looked like, only that he was a 'tangle of matter and ghost' - as once described.
i sing this for a saviour with no one to save.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

fuck art, let's dance!.jpg
its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning »

When I leave this earth, they'll say, "there was a man who never once checked his phone."

Merry Christmas G!

2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

its4inthemorning wrote:When I leave this earth, they'll say, "there was a man who never once checked his phone."

Merry Christmas G!
thank you, curt - and likewise back to you! mobile phones are quite common now. why don't you ever check yours?
you're born. you suffer. you die. fortunately, there's a loophole.jpg
rough sketch recently discovered in the sistine chapel, showing the artist's ideas before painting the ceiling.
a man paints with his brains and not with his hands.jpg
its4inthemorning

G, Your last drawing was clever, you even researched to make sure the date was plausible.

When hovering over your drawings, one sees the titles you used for the jpg files (I had never noticed them before), some seem like titles you devised, while others seem Leonardesque. Is there any story behind these?

2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

its4inthemorning wrote:
>G, Your last drawing was clever, you even researched to make sure the date was plausible.
>
>When hovering over your drawings, one sees the titles you used for the jpg files (I had never noticed them before), some seem like titles you devised, while others seem Leonardesque. Is there any story behind these?

hello again. i knew the approximate date, but for accuracy had to look it up. as for the drawing's cleverness, perhaps the 256kb image limit imposed by the webmaster works in my favour. low resolution tends to conceal carelessness (example below).

there is no story behind the image titles, merely meaningless additions. their source can usually be found by entering them into google.

thank you for your voice, the interest you share. may you, and anyone else reading this, have an enjoyable day with many good experiences :)
saying nothing sometimes says the most.jpg
happy new year everyone, and thanks for tolerating a lot of foolish sketches :)
i allow myself to fail. i allow myself to break. i'm not afraid of my flaws.jpg
https://vimeo.com/277200315
10-minute sketch of guy who lives along the road
if you want to know who your friends are, get yourself a jail sentence.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

unsigned schoolboy sketch arrived in my inbox today from an english relative - 'artist' unknown ;)
i trust everyone. it's the devil inside them i don't trust.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovn5ZqaVla0
you know what 'fine' stands for, freaked out, insecure, neurotic & emotional.jpg
page from a brilliant but controversial novel :)
all great change in america begins at the dinner table.jpg
its4inthemorning

I love the passage about K. T. spilling the wine. Went to our bookshelves to re-read it, but cannot find my copy. Maybe government censors visited and confiscated it. My copy of 1984 is also missing. Hmm.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

its4inthemorning wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:35 pm I love the passage about K. T. spilling the wine. Went to our bookshelves to re-read it, but cannot find my copy. Maybe government censors visited and confiscated it. My copy of 1984 is also missing. Hmm.
i too love that part with the spilt wine. it goes everywhere! (see below!)

virtually every book by or about leonard is free on the net, and george orwell, but you have to know how to bypass the pop-ups and blocks. also, the file sharing sites continually get closed down and start up again elsewhere. english language 'beautiful losers' is currently on liechtenstein's 'library genesis' (libgen.li) - i just checked. i don't know how computer savvy you are, but if you have some decent software you can download and convert to any format you wish.

nice surprise to come home and see somebody has written. i have been with jaunita, one of my best friends who works at the hospital. we get on so well together. i have never known anyone with such a warm personality, no hang-ups whatsoever, never see a red flag no matter how much time we spend together. a lady like that is seldom indeed. i think the angels must have arranged for our paths to cross, a reward for having good karma in a world where people can be hurtful and hostile.

stay well! :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
The long white table shone with the pride of silver and crystal and early spring flowers, and for a minor second her eyes swam in the splendor of the occasion. Handsome servants poured wine into glasses that resembled long-stem roses. A hundred candle flames echoed and re-echoed in a hundred pieces of silver cutlery as the fragrant guests worked over their slabs of meat, and for a minor second the flashing multiple suns hurt her eyes, burned away her appetite. With a tiny abrupt movement which she did not command, she knocked over her glass of wine. She stared at the whale-shaped stain, frozen with shame.
- It is nothing, said the Marquis. It is nothing, child.
Catherine Tekakwitha sat motionless. The Marquis returned to his conversation. It concerned a new military invention which was being developed in France, the bayonet. The stain spread quickly.
- Even the tablecloth is thirsty for this good wine, joked the Marquis. Don't be frightened, child. There are no punishments for spilling a glass of wine.
Despite the suave activity of several servants the stain continued to discolor larger and larger areas of the tablecloth. Conversation dwindled as the diners directed their attention to its remarkable progress. It now claimed the entire tablecloth. Talk ceased altogether as a silver vase turned purple and the pink flowers it contained succumbed to the same influence. A beautiful lady gave a cry of pain as her fine hand turned purple A total chromatic metamorphosis took place in a matter of minutes. Wails and oaths resounded through the purple hall as faces, clothes, tapestries, and furniture displayed the same deep shade. Beyond the high windows there were islands of snow glinting in the moonlight. The entire company, servants and masters, had directed its gaze outside, as if to find beyond the contaminated hall some reassurance of a multicolored universe. Before their eyes these drifts of spring snow darkened into shades of spilled wine, and the moon itself absorbed the imperial hue.
its4inthemorning

Thanks Geoffrey...but you left out the best part (if I remember correctly), it was Catherine's final line to close that scene. In any case, it is a brilliantly-written passage. Whoever wrote it had a quite a knack with words.

Juanita sounds lovely, you are a lucky man. You should cook dinner for her tonight.

Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

its4inthemorning wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:30 pm Thanks Geoffrey...but you left out the best part (if I remember correctly), it was Catherine's final line to close that scene. In any case, it is a brilliantly-written passage. Whoever wrote it had a quite a knack with words.

Juanita sounds lovely, you are a lucky man. You should cook dinner for her tonight.

you are right in everything you say here! i may also make her read those little bibles. stay well, dear friend :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
my version of matthew 14:6-8 ;)
we read from pleasant bibles that are bound in blood and skin.jpg
i’m the most cold-hearted son of a bitch you’ll ever meet.jpg
sketches of the male face, but more practice needed :(
i used to be indecisive, but now i'm not quite sure.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

i remember you well
sometimes that's all life is, margaret - a list of what we've lost.jpg
a short video made during leonard's last visit to norway. "i remember you well in the chelsea hotel, you were talking so brave & so sweet. giving me head on an unmade bed while the limousines wait in the street."
https://youtu.be/dm-n7-IfvLs
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Geoffrey wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:45 pm norwegian winters are no fun when the temperatures are sub-zero and the car is covered in ice.
i admit that this is not gallery material, unless one considers mother nature's harsh work as art.
Hi Geoffrey,
I hope you are coping well with your northern winter. I have seen your car photo every time I check what delights you have given us (= daily). It reminds me of a joke I encountered recently and I can't resist sharing it any longer.
Person 1 comes indoors and person 2 asks "what have you been doing?"
Person 1 replies "scraping snow and ice off the car with a store [insert favourite store name here] loyalty card."
Person 2 asks "did you get much off?'
To which person 1 answers "no, only 5%".

Ta Da! Sorry!

I think that qualifies as a "dad joke". I hope you observed that I made it non-gender.

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”