It Just Feels by LC/Dave Stewart/JiHAE - Kickstarter project

Tributes & covers; Leonard's songs on the soundtracks and TV
jarkko
Site Admin

It Just Feels by LC/Dave Stewart/JiHAE - Kickstarter project

Post by jarkko » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:29 pm

In 1992 Sylvie Marechal released in France her album Voie Lactee. One of the songs on the album was called It Just Feels, and it was written by Leonard and David A Stewart (of The Eurythmics).
The lyrics are here: http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/forothers.html (and also below)

Now JiHAE (New York) will record this song for her new album. The lyrics are the same, but Jihae has written entirely new music. Given this, Leonard/Dave agreed to give her co-writing credit.

I’m writing from Septem, an indie label based in New York founded by musician JiHAE. I'm a fellow fan of Leonard Cohen and wanted to pass on something I thought you'd be interested in - JiHAE's new album features a co-written song with Cohen and Dave Stewart!

In January 2014, Jihae will release her new album Illusion of You, executive produced by Dave Stewart of Eurythmics. In order to raise funds to complete the record and tour, we’re starting a Kickstarter campaign offering pre-sales of the new album and other rewards.

Here’s a link to the Kickstarter page where you can watch the video and read the full details on the project: http://kck.st/14W0omQ

Dave Stewart makes an appearance in the Kickstarter video, saying “Illusion of You reminds me of David Bowie whispering secrets to the Velvet Underground”.

Illusion of You also features a single co-written by JiHAE, Dave Stewart and Leonard Cohen, and guest artists Nightmare and the Cat.

Jared Arnold

IT JUST FEELS
Lyrics by Leonard Cohen and Dave Stewart

It feels so good
And it feels so right
It feels like I've been rescued
In the middle of the night
And all the tricks and all the angels
And all the dirty rotten deals
They don't count now
They've been cancelled
And it feels, it just feels
Thank you Babe, thank you Babe

It feels so good
And it feels so right
It feels like I've been rescued
In the middle of the night
And the sweetest voice has spoken
And the deepest wound is healed
And the darkness is exploding
And it feels, it just feels
Thank you Babe, thank you Babe

It comes so sweet
And it comes so fast
It comes like windows breaking
I can take a breath at last
Thank you for the breaking
And thank you for the breath
And for sayin' it was nothing
Nothing meaning life or death
Thank you Babe…it just feels
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
sturgess66

Re: It Just Feels by LC/Dave Stewart/JiHAE - Kickstarter pro

Post by sturgess66 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:51 am

JiHAE and Anja Rubik - picture posted today by jihaemusic (JIHAE) on Statigram -

I remember #LeonardCohen concert like it was yesterday. @anja_rubik I'll be releasing a live video of a
song I co wrote with him and Dave Stewart this week! xx

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jih ... ion-of-you

Return to “Tribute concerts, Cover versions & Soundtracks”