Barcelona meetup 27 October

Information on other get-togethers before the next big Event
ForYourSmile

Barcelona meetup 27 October

Post by ForYourSmile »

This one will be a small meetup but very specially, Jarkko and Eija will visit us again, this time accompanied by Dick and Linda Straub. We wait they bring news of London.

Of course we know Dick and Linda for LC Files, but before of this, there is one who has followed a trip that they did to Montreal. From the distance of the Net, without to know it, links and charms are created.

Guadalupe will come from Lleida and we wait for Jorcx with his guitar. The last year Jorcx recorded a tribute in Catalan: Jorcx interpreta Cohen . Also we will present the small group of Barcelona. Antonio Vela's spirit will be with us, his body resides in Sweden. ;-)

We will take a lunch at 2 PM in L'Antic Forn (Pintor Fortuny, 28 Barcelona) a modest and cosy restaurant in the downtown that still preserves its authentic style not influenced by the tourist success of Barcelona.

We have a space reserved for up to 14 persons where we can stay a bit after the lunch and remember some Cohen's song.

The name of the reservation is "Leonard".

If someone wants to be added, we need to know it.
lizzytysh

Re: Barcelona meetup 27 October

Post by lizzytysh »

This sounds like a lovely, sweet gathering, FYS. A beautiful, small restaurant and fine company, all the way around 8) .

I hope you all enjoy each other and the music you make together, thanks to Leonard :) . I have no doubt that you will.

~ Lizzy :D
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
dar

Post by dar »

I had a feeling the Barcelona gathering was coming up soon. Dick, Linda, Eija, Jarkko...the Cohen Globetrotters for sure. Have fun everyone.
margaret

Post by margaret »

Toni,

I wish you had given us a bit more notice about your event :( Maybe next time? There are budget flights that would get me me easily and cheaply from Liverpool to Barcelona !

I hope it goes well :D

Margaret
RC

Post by RC »

What a shame! I was in Sant Celoni near Barcelona for a month earlier this year..... I would have loved to have joined you for a tribute drink. Sadly I'm now back into the drudgery of life in Australia.
Barcelona is such a beautiful city!
:D
Richard
Australia
ForYourSmile

Post by ForYourSmile »

Lizzy ~ yes, I wait for this moment, it will be fine 8) .

dar ~ Though I know that they do it with pleasure, this of going around the world is a great personal effort, really I admire them :shock: .

Margaret ~ I feel shamed :oops: , I have to confess that I knew about this meeting long time ago, but I did not think this possibility that one of outside could come too, and that this person could be you. Sincerely I am sorry :oops: . I suppose that it is because of I do not make plans for advanced, I am afraid to forget it and then lose the trip.

RC ~ Sant Celoni is in the Montseny, very far from the antipodes :roll: .

Curious this post coincidence of Margaret and RC, two people that I remember for their repeatedly generosity, among other things. Anyway, a Choenite always is welcome, this one will be a special meetup, but if you will come to Barcelona, please write to me, we will take the "tribute drink" :D and you will enjoy with my absurd English ;-) .
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

. . . my absurd English ;-) .
I beg to differ :shock: .

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
ForYourSmile

Post by ForYourSmile »

ForYourSmile wrote:RC ~ Sant Celoni is in the Montseny, very far from the antipodes :roll: .
of course, what silly thing! :lol:

Thanks Lizzy, you are so good... You know as I write, but you can imagine as I speak! :shock: :D
lortigosa

Post by lortigosa »

Bon dia!
Last saturday in London (yes, I was there :D ) people told me abot the BCN meeting. I´m sorry I can´t be there even though I am from there, I live near Birmingham now. Are you planning to meet again around Christmas? I´ll be there by then :)
Ep, i on podria trobar el CD del Cohen en català? M´agradaria molt sentir-lo.
Bye, fins aviat,
Luisa
ForYourSmile

Post by ForYourSmile »

:shock: :shock: Caram nena!!, quina enveja, moltes felicitats, de veritat, realment al setè cel!! Què elegant és el nostre Leonard oi? Ja ens explicaràs. Algun moment trobarem per quedar amb el grupet del Cohen a Barcelona pels nadals. Espero que a Jorcx li quedi algun CD, o et faré un de pirata, és realment bo aquest disc, un pur, inspirat i respectuós Cohen en català.

Gaudeix pels UK! Toni
;-)

A Catalan girl photographed with our Leonard. What luck! A lot of congratulations to her and to all those that enjoyed this chance.
lortigosa

Post by lortigosa »

Oiii quina vergonyaaa!!! Amb les tonteries que arriba una a posar al blog, pensant que no se´l mira ningú...!! :)
Encara em miro la foto i em costa de creure... Gràcies x posar-la, x cert!

Fins aviat!
Luisa
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Okay, you two... what're you saying ;-) ? A beautiful photo of you with Leonard, Luisa... you look like one happy woman 8) !!

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
lortigosa

Post by lortigosa »

Nothing, Toni took that picture from my blog, which I updated too soon with all kinds of whatever silly things I had in my mind about Leonard :D
ForYourSmile

Post by ForYourSmile »

Yes, there we were, it was a perfect time. Eija, Jarkko, Toni, Guadalupe, Linda (excuse me, a problem of astral alignment), Conxita, Chema and Jorcx.

We remind Antonio, he is in Stockholm.

I am getting old and already I can say what I feel without many shame. I showed my recognition for this site where the Cohenites share their passion for Leonard, where we can read, for example, opinions about a poem and finally until to knowing ourselves personally. I am very grateful. Specially yesterday, for the whole fondness and generosity of Jarkko, Eija, Linda and Dick, as well as the local friends.

Jarkko showed us in a laptop photos of Warsaw in March and the recent ones of London. With affect one to one he was giving name to the faces of all the fans. (Luisa included.)

Jorcx sang for us several Cohen's songs, in English and some passages in Catalan. It is really beautiful to share this music between friends.

Cheers and the best wishes of happiness for Leonard, Anjani and all the friends.
Conxita i Toni
Anne

Post by Anne »

It looks like you had a fabulous meetup. It is wonderful to see all the nice photos.

Return to “Other gatherings”