New 2007 vinyl single of So Long Marianne

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
jarkko
Site Admin

New 2007 vinyl single of So Long Marianne

Post by jarkko »

From Sylvain B:
I was just at the Chapters-Indigo store downtown Montréal this morning and there is a promotion going on that if you buy any LC or Anjani album you get a free 7 inches vinyl entitled « So Long Marianne ». Side A is « So Long Marianne », side B is « Pajaro en el Alambre ». The label is Columbia, Estéreo, but the back cover says, 2007 SONY BMG Music Entertainment. It looks like a remake of the 1971 spanish single (Cat. No. 7522). This new 2007 edition is not in your list on the 7" AND 12" SINGLES OF LEONARD COHEN page. I haven’t seen it mentioned on the forum either. It might be nice to post it on the forum for anyone who'd like to get a copy while the promotion lasts.

Pajaro en el Alambre = Bird on a/the wire

I made scans of a selection of old vinyl singles for Sony in January. Looks like they re-released one of those in Canada. I have asked Sony for more info! I will also post the scans of this release here as soon as they are available! The one above is the old single taken from the Files.

Jarkko
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Davido found it also on eBay (UK!):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Leonard-Cohen-So- ... dZViewItem
Simon

Post by Simon »

Here is a scan of the back cover. The bar code number is for the product and is not unique to this copy. I didn't put my copy for sale on E-Bay but the bar code on mine is identical as the one on sale. I don't remember if bar codes were in use in 1971 when the original came out? I would asume there was no bar code on the original jacket back then.

The front cover is identical to the 1971 original, as it is shown above.

I have no idea if this promotion is offered across Canada at the moment. Maybe Sony will be tempted to repeat this kind of promo with other old singles.
Cohen is the koan
Why else would I still be stuck here

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”