BERLIN!!!

The Berlin Event - before and after
peter danielsen

BERLIN!!!

Post by peter danielsen »

Then Berlin it is...

Just registered with my friend Sarah, whom I have played Cohen songs with since 1996. Oh can't really express how much I look forward to this event.

See ya.

Peter
...I ..... .... ....... made . ..... ...... by ....... music .. ..... .. ......
Henning

Post by Henning »

Hi Peter,

this is fantastic - I am so pleased to meet you finally. We must have you and Sarah play 2 songs at the open mic. Please write to Andrew for this:

darby50@ozemail.com.au

Just name your songs !

See you !!!!

Post by Guest »

Hi Henning,

We will try to do Famous blue raincoat and Hallelujah (gentle these souls!!) I wrote andrew.

Looking forward to meet you.

Peter
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Peter!!

YAAAAAYYYYY ~ BERLIN it IS :D !!! Welcome by proxy to Sarah, as well!!! Looking forward to meeting you BOTH!!

~ Lizzy :D

Post by Guest »

and I look forward to meet you. I might even dare myself and give you a tender hug.

Peter
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

:lol: ~ Okay :wink: .

I'll also [if need be or not need be ~ since I will not have time to practice] relinquish my spot with the Open Mic so that we can all enjoy you and Sarah doing those two, great songs 8) . Even though we're really, really close now to the Event itself, you're going to be amazed at how quickly and how high your excitement about going will still escalate :D .

~ Lizzy
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

On the other hand... Russell Harvey has asked me to "pass my regards and love on to those who were on Hydra."

You surely remember Russell... the lone man walking on the Hydra waterfront, for a couple days, before coming over to introduce himself and join us... and my partner-in-crime, "laughing crazily in [at] Roloi's Bar. What a great, silly, magical night. Where did it come from and where did it go?" ~ and all I'd had for dinner was chicken :) . I so agree. It was indefinably delightful... like time spent with a sprinkling of magical, sparkling, faerie dust :D .

Paula, Megan, Russell, and I ate and laughed together, prior to walking down to the Roloi for drinks with the rest, whereupon we became deliciously lost in laughter... the kind you try to stifle in church. I enjoyed Russell, his perspectives and humour, immensely... and will miss his being in Berlin or on Hydra. I know Paula and Megan will, too :D . We were hoping to go see him at his home after Hydra, but the time left just couldn't accommodate it; all I got to do was send he, his wife, and their family a calendar for Christmas... and hoped to see him again, this year.

He stopped in at the website on 10th July, '29 days to go' and wishes us all a great time. Were it not for his having had "too many holidays already this year. Venice. Twice. Florence . . . a long drive . . . and then Sweden." A familiar dilemma, anyone :wink: ? Locales vary and you European folks get to cover much more varied ground [or at least countries] than we do over here, but travel is travel. Now, however, he must do some work. :( I've been wondering if he'd be joining us and I'm sorry he won't. What a cool guy he is 8) :D .

Enjoy your work, Russell... I know at least three who will miss you... and most certainly more :) .

~ Lizzy :D
Paula

Post by Paula »

I agree with you Lizzie I hope to meet up with Russell again at another meet. We were rolling on the floor laughing about totally bizzare and inane things. Russell was a one-off. And Lizzie I think you secretly have a British sense of humour :lol:

I am so sorry that and Megs and I couldn't go to Berlin and I do hope to read all the gory details on the site. Thinking of you all with envy :lol:

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Berlin 2006”