May 13th: Leonard and Anjani Live in Toronto

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Baldwyn

Post by Baldwyn »

How did I come SOOO late to this? I guess I should become a board regular instead of a lurker :)

If anyone has an extra signed book, or will be at the Indigo, I'm very interested. Actually, obsessed!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

"If anyone has an extra signed book"
:lol: Good luck on that with those who come here :wink: ~ or at least I sure want to believe that! However, there may be some opportunists out there who bought multiples for Ebay purposes. I'd love to think not, but... greed is greed.

I'm sorry you missed this opportunity. Leonard is also not supposed to be signing books at Indigo; however, I'd say the same situation as above would prevail if he were to do so.

I'm thinking that Ebay may be your best bet. Start coming here regularly so you don't miss the tour announcements, as well :o .

~ Lizzy
Eva

May 13th.

Post by Eva »

Hi everyone,
Spoke to Chapters/Indigo just now regarding the event.
Apparently there will be a stage set up outside and the street will be closed for this event. LC will not sign his books, but will be introducing Anjani.
The whole event should take approx. 1 hour or so.
They suggested to come early, in the morning; they didn't think it would be necessary to camp out.

"There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in"
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

. . . but will be introducing Anjani.
Good on you, Leonard 8) . In its unique way, a passing on of the torch. A firm manifestation of his comments on how perfectly Anjani delivers his songs :D .

For a one-hour event, Indigo may end up surprized at just how early people show up :wink: .

~ Lizzy
Baldwyn

Post by Baldwyn »

Thanks Lizzy, I won't be so remiss any more!
CT

Post by CT »

Tom Sakic wrote:Oh, the release date is moved earlier - April 25:-)

T.
Wonderful! My birthday is the 26th. I will request a copy from my beloved.
Dem

Post by Dem »

CT wrote:
Wonderful! My birthday is the 26th. I will request a copy from my beloved.
If you have to "request" a copy from your beloved the game is lost.

Dem
CT

Post by CT »

*grin

I daresay we have different expectations of our lovers, then. Regardless, the 25th will be a happy day for many.
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

Dem wrote:CT wrote:
[If you have to "request" a copy from your beloved the game is lost.
Dem
:roll:

What's that? CT, don't mind about that, Dem is probably one of those never satisfied persons that are not able to know exactly what they want and/or ask for what they like and/or are able to accept to be loved and received what they need and/or wish, and blame "the exterior" for all their personal problems : the others, faith, life, etc, instead of being a mature adult . (wouf wouf wouf etc. - this morning! 8) But it is true, at least) "Ask and you will receive." :D (I hope :wink: )
Tony

Post by Tony »

I am amazed at such an analysis of character from one posting. Would you do mine please from this brief comment?
CT

Post by CT »

No worries, Tchocolatl. It is entirely likely that many of us have had unfortunate experiences with those we love, and perhaps Dem was either reflecting or commiserating. Who knows?

But thank you for the kind thoughts!

*doffs beanie
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

Yes. It is more likely that all of us have had unfortunates experiences. And maybe I'm tired of big babies that are regressing everytime a hard time goes on and that are thinking they have the monopoly of sufferings. But for my punition, I'll reincarnate as a rhinoceros so... I'll be punished, good people, be happy. *shufffled beanies away. Anyway, I hope my good words will come true to you.

Tony, I am amazed too and don't think I could perform such a performance twice. At least, not in the same year.
Dem

Post by Dem »

Tchocolatl wrote:
wouf wouf wouf etc. - this morning!
and
"I'll reincarnate as a rhinoceros so..."
Everything will be ok dear as long as you won't reincarnate
again as a (female) dog :P

Greetings

Dem
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »