Images from New York event now online!

The New York Event - before and after!
catherine

Post by catherine »

Looking forward to Berlin so I can participate.

Love, Catherine. :D
Last edited by catherine on Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smccallon

Post by smccallon »

Catherine,

I was at the New York convention and I definitely look forward to Berlin in 2006. :D
It will be nice to meet you and other Cohen fans I was not able to meet in New York.

With Warm Regards,
Sean
http://www.livejournal.com/users/passthrufire
Natalie

Images from New York now online

Post by Natalie »

Dr. Kim,

I agree with you that your only gap is not having pictures from the poetry reading, which for me, was a major highlight of the event. Around 20 people were in attendance in a small, intimate, elegant room at International House. We had poetry, we had music, we had stories, we had memories -- it was phenomenal. Unfortunately, I do not have any digital shots, but I will have my pictures scanned, so Jarkko can post them on the site.

It was extremely upsetting for me, as the host of this event, that more people did not attend. There was a dual booking of events -- the bus tour was going on simultaneously. This, for me, was the only shortcoming. In the future, it would be nice if everyone could attend all activities, so they could take in everything. One shouldn't have to make a choice. However, for the people that missed this event, you really MISSED OUT.

Oh well. In retrospect, the audience size was intimate, which lended to the magic felt by all of those in attendance.

Cheers,

Natalie
Mark B.

Post by Mark B. »

Natalie,

Perhaps you could do a short write-up (if you feel like it) for Jarkko's Event pages on the poetry reading---who participated, a few examples, etc. I was not able to be in New York but I would be very interested in hearing about this portion of the program.

Mark
margaret

Post by margaret »

Natalie,

I was one of those who attended the poetry session, and although I did not contribute, I really enjoyed listening to everything. It was unfortunate that other activities taking place forced participants into making choices and missing out on other things.

Margaret
smccallon

Post by smccallon »

I would also be interested in reading about the poetry session at the convention. Unfortunately, we had to miss it because we wanted to go on the walking tour that day.

-Sean
http://www.livejournal.com/users/passthrufire
vern.silver

Post by vern.silver »

I did attend the poetry readings though I arrived late and missed the first half. I did enjoy it very much. I also took several pictures while I was there and will scan them shortly and send copies to Jarkko along with other photos of the New York event. I hope to have this completed by the weekend.

Vern
John K.

Post by John K. »

Well, here I am resurrecting a very old thread....

Dr. Kim's recent story about meeting Leonard led me to think about this discussion of video material from the NYC event. Does anyone know what happened to this?
I love to speak with John
He's a pundit and a fraud
He's a lazy banker living in a suit

http://www.johnkloberdanz.com
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi John ~

The last I knew, it was sent for the final processing, six months ago at the most, I'd say....not really sure on the time element, though, with the way time passes. All I know for sure is that it will materialize ~ well, other than that the finished product is supposed to be very moving in parts. In Berlin, perhaps we'll see it?

~ Lizzy
John K.

Post by John K. »

lizzytysh wrote:Hi John ~

The last I knew, it was sent for the final processing, six months ago at the most, I'd say....not really sure on the time element, though, with the way time passes. All I know for sure is that it will materialize ~ well, other than that the finished product is supposed to be very moving in parts. In Berlin, perhaps we'll see it?

~ Lizzy
Well, thank you for that info Lizzay...I hope that the powers that be that read this thread keep in mind that there are those (ok, me) who won't be able to be in Berlin but want some video memories too!

And thanks to the forum member who PM'd me on this too!
I love to speak with John
He's a pundit and a fraud
He's a lazy banker living in a suit

http://www.johnkloberdanz.com
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Oh! I didn't realize you weren't going to Berlin!?! Well, no fear ~ you'll be getting it! Did the PMer have any additional info? [I'll take my answer 'offline' :wink: .]

~ Lizzay
margaret

Post by margaret »

Lizzy,

I wonder if you are thinking of the dvd being made by Bryn Davies and John Bergeron, which was a collage of photographs that some of us donated. They were going to add a suitable soundtrack before it is ready. Still no more news on that though.

Margaret
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Yes, Margaret, that is the one I was referring to, and somehow presumed it was what John meant. All of my comments relate to that. Hopefully, we'll receive it ~ well, pending purchase, of course :D ~ soon 8) .

~ Lizzy

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in New York 2004”