Win one of the autographed items

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
jarkko
Site Admin

Win one of the autographed items

Post by jarkko »

THE LEONARD COHEN FILES TEN YEARS
on September 3, 2005

Our main site http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com was launched on September 3, 1995. We have registered almost 1,5 million hits to the front page. A really international community has been born, with activities in many countries, including Leonard Cohen Events every two years somewhere in the world. All this has been possible thanks to the magnificent support from Leonard!

To celebrate our 10th Anniversary we announce now a Special Draw with following prizes:

1) Book of Longing, the forthcoming book of poetry and drawings
2) Print of one of the drawings in the book
3) Original The Future tour shirt (1993)
All these autographed and donated by Leonard for this purpose. [The first prize will be mailed after the book has been published in early 2006].
4-5) Turning in, album by Tracie de Jong (including Hallelujah), donated by the artist.

How to participate in the draw:
Send email to ja@nebula.fi and write "The Files Ten Years" in the subject line. Let us have your complete name and mailing address. Of course your comments and suggestions are also welcome!

Your email has to arrive before the midnight (UTC) of September 3rd. The draw will take place on September 5th and the happy winners will be announced on this page on September 6th. Good luck!!!

Jarkko
Snow (retired)

Re: Win one of the autographed items

Post by Snow (retired) »

I think it might be better to have the closing time at midday, otherwise people are going to wonder whether you mean the midnight at the beginning of September 3rd, or the midnight at the end of it.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Congratulations on your upcoming, 10th Anniversary 8) , Jarkko :D !!! Ten years of committed, hard, delightful, and exquisite work 8) !!! Thanks to Leonard for his active participation in this celebration and to The Leonard Cohen Files from the onset and all along the way 8) :D !!!

A GREAT celebration idea, Jarkko and Leonard :D !!! Excellent gifts :D ! Kudos to Leonard for his 2006 one :D !

[I dreamt last night about e-mailing him regarding something, and getting an answer ~ a typical, Leonard-brief one, of course :wink: , but still an answer :D , and content not remembered, naturally :( . I decided to answer him by regular mail, since time was not of the essence :lol: . My decision was the furthest my dream took me.]

Perhaps, you already have a way of sorting this; but might it be necessary to say that only one entry per person is allowed?

Regarding the timeline, I'm entering now to avoid any confusion :D . No time like the present. Oh, yes, I hope I win :D .

~ Lizzy
Anne

Post by Anne »

It is so amazing to think this wonderful site has been around for ten years! That is quite something. I am so glad that Leonard is celebrating it in this way. It is the best site on the internet!
Fljotsdale

Post by Fljotsdale »

Thanks, and Congratulations, Jarkko! :D

I'm not into autographs and stuff - but I wouldn't complain at winning the book or a picture, signed or unsigned... :wink:

But I won't. I never win anything, lol!
Only just found this video of LC:
http://ca.youtube.com/user/leonardcohen?ob=4" target="_blank

This one does make me cry.
Snow (retired)

Post by Snow (retired) »

Dear Fljotsdale -

How did you manage to get a 6.5kB avatar measuring 170 x 110 pixels into this forum? Anything I sent over 6kB, measuring more than 80 pixels either way, were refused. Do you somehow hack into the moderator's computer and do something?
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Good points, Snow & Lizzytysh!

The draw will close at midnight September 3rd/4th. Midday (UTC) would be an inconvenient time for people in North America (very early morning hours)

And one one entry per person (I will deleted the extras), but will add these details as soon as possible.
Tim

Post by Tim »

congratulations to Jarkko for the forthcoming anniversary, and thanks to him for all his work, and this draw, and thanks too to Leonard for his contributions to the draw, and the site; it wouldn't be the best music site I know without both of them!
margaret

Post by margaret »

Congratulations on ten years of the best website I have ever seen :D I wish I had found it sooner than I actually did!

My entry will be on its shortly. I don't normally collect autographs at all, but I could make an exception this time.
Fljotsdale

Post by Fljotsdale »

Snow wrote:Dear Fljotsdale -

How did you manage to get a 6.5kB avatar measuring 170 x 110 pixels into this forum? Anything I sent over 6kB, measuring more than 80 pixels either way, were refused. Do you somehow hack into the moderator's computer and do something?
I have no idea. :? It's just the avatar I always use; I uploaded it, and it was accepted.

I didn't know there was anything wrong... although I had noticed everyone else had small avatars, and first went looking in your own gallery - only to find it empty.

I've had this conversation before ... :wink:

Maybe Jarkko can figure what happened? I have no objection to it being made smaller, if he prefers.
Only just found this video of LC:
http://ca.youtube.com/user/leonardcohen?ob=4" target="_blank

This one does make me cry.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

No idea how it can be so big -- the software has built-in size limitations, but somehow you managed to upload it anyway! :P
Snow (retired)

Post by Snow (retired) »

Fljotsdale wrote:
>I didn't know there was anything wrong... although I had noticed everyone else had small avatars, and first went looking in your own gallery - only to find it empty. [snip] I have no objection to it being made smaller, if he prefers.

Oh no no, there is no reason to touch it - it's an interesting picture. And I don't think you have done anything "wrong". I merely wondered how you managed it - if you had a special secret.
Tim

Post by Tim »

not particularly relevant to anything, but I think the difference is that most logos (like mine, Jarkko's and snow's) are uploaded to jarkko's server, whereas fljotsdale's one is a link to an avatar on another server, and (intentionally or not) the software doesn't restrict those images to 80x60.
Ali

Post by Ali »

Jarkko, thank you for the last 10 years, here's to 10 more.
Snow (retired)

Post by Snow (retired) »

Tim wrote:
>not particularly relevant to anything, but I think the difference is that most logos (like mine, Jarkko's and snow's) are uploaded to jarkko's server, whereas fljotsdale's one is a link to an avatar on another server, and (intentionally or not) the software doesn't restrict those images to 80x60.

Yes, I think you may be onto something, Tim - looks like some experimenting is begging to be done here. I've seen those avatar sites, and most of the images are slightly larger than the 6kB and 80 x 80 pixels size allowed by Jarkko's software. So, we've stumbled upon a loop-hole - ha ha ha :-)

Return to “News”