painting by numbers

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Geoffrey

painting by numbers

Post by Geoffrey »

this landed on my desk today:
paint by numbers 2.jpg
paint by numbers 1.jpg
paint by numbers 1.jpg (208.58 KiB) Viewed 2529 times
https://norgeson.com/about-us/
oldfriend28

Re: painting by numbers

Post by oldfriend28 »

Beautiful!
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

That looks like fun!

When you say "this landed on my desk", do you mean that you actually have one of the kits, or did you just receive the information about them?
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:16 pm That looks like fun!

When you say "this landed on my desk", do you mean that you actually have one of the kits, or did you just receive the information about them?
no, i don't have it, and haven't yet considered buying it - but i too thought it looked like fun. in some ways like a jigsaw puzzle. love those colours! no, what happened was someone i know, who lives locally, dropped the information into my desk computer. some say it seems expensive, but i have not looked at the cost. am not at all involved in this enterprise, merely thought it was newsworthy - especially as many people are stuck indoors with little to do during this blasted pandemic.

always good to be in touch with you, lisa :-)
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Thanks!
kristintbridges94

Post by kristintbridges94 »

It's a fantastic activity for people who may not consider themselves artists but want to try their hand at painting. Great job!
dylanabalfour

Post by dylanabalfour »

That looks like a fun activity. Painting by numbers is a great way to unwind and express your creativity. With numbered sections to fill in, it takes away some of the pressure of coming up with your own design or color choices. Plus, the end result is always satisfying to see come together. Have fun with your painting!
Denihenri

Post by Denihenri »

this looks amazing! Thank you so much for sharing this with the community! :) Today I received my order from Figured Art ... I can't wait to get started. Wish me luck! How long have they been doing it?
Last edited by Denihenri on Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

one does not need to be einstein to understand that these last three messages (from kristintbridges94, dylanabalfour and Denihenri) are false. merely marketing activity for the product.
tiamatzzo

Post by tiamatzzo »

That painting by numbers kit that landed on your desk looks absolutely awesome! I'm really into painting by numbers, too, so I can totally relate to the excitement of starting a new project. It's such a fantastic way to unwind and express your creativity. I've tried various paint by numbers sets myself, and let me tell you, they can be quite challenging in the best way possible. The feeling of seeing the colors come together and witnessing the final image emerge is incredibly satisfying. If you're up for a challenge, you should definitely try out different paint by numbers sets to keep pushing your artistic skills.
Last edited by tiamatzzo on Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

tiamatzzo wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:21 pm That painting by numbers kit that landed on your desk looks absolutely awesome! I'm really into painting by numbers, too, so I can totally relate to the excitement of starting a new project. It's such a fantastic way to unwind and express your creativity.
stop doing this, you bad person.
its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning »

G, we should all feel sorry for this person. With all the challenging, stimulating, beneficent, and rewarding ways available to make a living in this world, hyping overpriced merchandise anonymously and under false pretenses on this website is the best that he/she can aspire to achieve.

2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

its4inthemorning wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:38 pm G, we should all feel sorry for this person. With all the challenging, stimulating, beneficent, and rewarding ways available to make a living in this world, hyping overpriced merchandise anonymously and under false pretenses on this website is the best that he/she can aspire to achieve.

well said! i wasn't thinking so much about the price because the value of money i am not clever at understanding. it is the falsity that is most concerning, the persistent changing of names in an attempt to treat people as idiots. sales people have an ugly tendency to be insincere. the nature of business is to persuade people to buy, and there are almost no limits to the tricks they are willing to employ.

i am sure there will appear another message similar to the previous ones in the not too distant future. the product may be fine, and looks like it could be fun - but the seller(s) should realise that the blatant dishonesty behind the marketing is off-putting.
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

This "bad person" does not seem in the least dissuaded by Geoffrey's and 4's admonishment -- I see that the most recent of these blantant marketing posts was edited earlier today to expand on what was originally posted! Also, adding photos/avatars to these new members (as you can see in two of the above) is a nice touch -- it makes them look slightly more legitimate as members of this forum. Clearly, these people (this person?) has nothing better to do. I suppose, if the paint-by-numbers company in question has sold some of their kits due to Geoffrey's initial post and the ensuing replies -- fake or otherwise -- then maybe Geoffrey can ask for a commission, or a portion of the profits!

Incidentally, one can report these marketing posts to the administrators of this forum: links to commercial sites (which are embedded in the above posts) are forbidden, and they will be deleted when brought to the attention of those who can delete things around here.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

thank you for your comments. a reverse image search took me to the below website.
https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?p=1135204
business man.jpeg
business man.jpeg (3.64 KiB) Viewed 600 times
screengrab.jpg

Return to “News”