The Jesus and Mary Chain covers Tower of Song

Tributes & covers; Leonard's songs on the soundtracks and TV
basecamp

The Jesus and Mary Chain covers Tower of Song

Post by basecamp »

I like this cover version!
The Jesus and Mary Chain : Tower of Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkShBTtu6s4
Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
ScottM

Re: The Jesus and Mary Chain covers Tower of Song

Post by ScottM »

I've recently been revisiting the back catalogue of the Scottish Rock Band - the Jesus and Mary Chain, one of the most innovative bands of the 80s & 90s (IMHO) and was reminded of this classic cover (I accept that opinions might vary on this assertation as a classic). :D .
I love the guitars driving this version of "Tower of Song" and would have loved to hear Leonard's vocal with this backing. It featured on the band's 1993 album "The Sound of Speed"
Nevertheless, as it stands, I think it is the best cover I've heard of this song.

The Youtube link provided by basecamp is still good. Maybe not the best quality sound but still worth checking out.
2008: Dublin/London (O2)-Jul 17/London (O2)-Nov 13/London (RAH)/Brighton
2009: Liverpool/Madrid/Barcelona
2010: Sligo x2/Lille/Las Vegas x2
2012: Ghent/Amsterdam/London x2/Dublin Sep 11&12/Paris Sep 28
2013: London (O2) Jun 21/Brighton/Manchester/Cardiff/Birmingham/Amsterdam

Return to “Tribute concerts, Cover versions & Soundtracks”