Kenneth Forsyth has passed away.

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
HugoD

Re: Kenneth Forsyth has passed away.

Post by HugoD »

Wybe wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:12 am My tribute to Ken.

https://www.icantforget.nl/LiverpoolKen.html

Wybe
Beautiful tribute Wybe, thanks for sharing
Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017
Happiness is just the side effect of a meaningful life.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Your tribute to Ken is poignant and beautiful, Wijbe. It's wonderful that you have so many and such a variety of photos to choose from... and with so many different friends. As always, your production is sensitive and masterful. Ken would have loved it. I'm sorry that he had to be its subject.

~ Lizzie
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Kush

Post by Kush »

Rest in peace.
mutti

Post by mutti »

So sorry to hear this news about Ken! He was one of a kind and will be so missed by our community.
Still hard to believe such a witty, kind, clever, deep person has just gone from this world.
Thank you Ken for being you and bringing so many of us to so much laughter and now tears...
Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
Bill's Bar

Post by Bill's Bar »

Hi,

I don't post nowadays, but check in every so often. I'm very sorry to hear of Ken's passing. I have many memories of good times with him since our first meeting on Hydra in 2009, I lost touch with him and others from the forum in recent years, specially since leaving Facebook.

As well as sharing interests in Cohen, Christy, Dylan, and Shakespeare, Ken and I read crime fiction. We had many chats and introduced each other to new authors , and attended the Crime Fiction Festival in Harrogate on a couple of occasions.

Ken was a once off as they say. I'm glad to have known him. As Wybe posted....Ta, Ken. Rest in peace.

Tony Curran.
2008: Dublin 14/6, Lucca 27/7,Munich 6/10, Bournemouth 11/11, London 13/11 ,Paris 24/11.
2009: Quebec 21/5, Ottawa 26/5, Dublin 19/7,Venice 3/8, Barcelona 21/9, Nashville 5/11, St.Louis 7/11, San Jose 13/11
2010: Sligo 31/7,1/8.
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

I am sorry for the delay in posting this message but Jean and I have been in complete shock since his passing . We were aware he had medical issues but no idea it was so serious . Although we attended the main events we first got to know Ken at Barmouth . He was a great help to us both as we were fairly new to the Cohen gatherings but Ken made us welcome for which we will be eternally grateful always the perfect gentleman . Nothing was ever to much trouble for Ken he would do anything for you . So many memories we have to remember him by such as that famous discussion about rhubarb in the train on the way to Haigar that made us lose our stop ! Also when Jean and I were new to the gatherings and he took time at one of them to meet us us off the train and show us the ropes . There’s lots more and too many to list but wonderful memories we will treasure !
RIP Ken see you down the road
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

So lovely to read these comments regarding Ken

I remember how patient and kind he was to my sister Mambo too

It’s just doubly sad that he survived the two past years of the pandemic and when we are finally seeing light at the end of it, Ken left us

Lovely to see the post from Tony C :)

I’m not a Facebooker either so I’m glad we had the Forum to honour his memory

He will live on in our memories
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

Oh dear, I haven’t been keeping up with the Forum of late and was so saddened, so dismayed to read just now of Ken’s passing. :(

He was so much a part of our Cohen community, both online and at the many events we enjoyed with him over the past twenty or so years.

He added a unique dimension to all of these, a spark of mischief and fun, injecting such jollity with his humour... but he was not one dimensional, as we know he was a deeply thoughtful and caring human being, with values or viewpoints that were reflective of this.

Indeed Ken’s whole persona was special and endearing... not to mention that wonderful Lancashire accent.

He will be sorely missed.

RIP, Ken.

Andrew D.
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
anneporter

Post by anneporter »

I am sitting here crying in the dark tears of grief for “LiverpoolKen”, whom I recently nicknamed “ the Pink Curmudgeon” ( and I invented a cocktail by that name in his honour: Campari, Fresca and orange bitters: twice as bitter as the Campari and soda he loved to drink in Venice, and referencing the ouzo backlit pink by the sunset on his beloved Schinoussa ( yes , he actually didn’t like Hydra, although he went there faithfully, because he valued his friends so highly).

We shared many things: love of brussels sprouts, slow cookers, the aesthetics of trains, Bob Dylan, and -oh, yes, Leonard Cohen- Campari and all things bitter.

I will think of Ken whenever I:
- eat Brussels sprouts or fish & chips with mushy peas
- drink Campari or anything pink or bitter
- ever get to Venice or Schinoussa or Liverpool
- ever get to ride a train again
- listen to Leonard Cohen lyrics he livened up with a clever picture riddle on the old Picture Game on the Leonard Cohen forum
- hear his favourite Dylan song ( Sign on the Window)
I will raise a Pink Curmugeon in his memory this evening!

https://youtu.be/0grBXkJ6mzw
B4real

Post by B4real »

Oh, Anne, I didn't make the connection until your post that Ken was "LiverpoolKen".
I only knew him here on the forum and it was a delight to converse with him. He was so knowledgeable and had a wicked sense of humour. I do distinctly remember one particular conversation I had with him about "plastic paddies". And yes, we had such fun with him in the old Picture Game. I feel for those of you who knew him well.

R.I.P. Ken.

"We are so lightly here."
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

I love this picture he sent me to prove that his "Humphrey Bogart trenchcoat look" was more stylish than the revered raincoat one <3
I think of him every time I look at my "B. brand" tea cosy and imagining him wearing his as a beanie hat.
I raise a forkful to him every time I eat brussel sprouts. So many memories, now bittersweet.
I miss you, grumpy old friend.
2014Trenchcoat.jpg
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

jarkko wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:39 am ken.jpg
Zagreb 2010
What to say...
anneporter

Post by anneporter »

“And yes, we had such fun with him in the old Picture Game.”

Ah, yes, Bev… we did. Lovely to “hear your voice”. Hard to believe that was so long ago….
IrishAL

Post by IrishAL »

January 5th 2022 a group of Kens friends gathered at a Christy Moore gig In Vicar street Dublin, in remembrance of a lost friend. Christy kindly dedicated ones of Kens favourite songs to his memory.

Nancy Spain.
https://youtu.be/ww3PwmBlLAc

DSC09812-3.jpeg
2008: Dublin x2 London Helsinki London RAH M'chester
2009:
New York Weybridge Dublin x2 Belfast Lisbon Bratislava, B'celona Chicago L' Vegas, San Jose
2010: Zagreb Sligo x2 Berlin Gent x2 Florence Marseille Katowice Bratislava L' Vegasx2
2012 Gent x2 Amsterdam X2 Dublin x4 Verona Paris x2,Boston
2013NewYork,Brussels,Prague,Vienna,Zurich,Manchester,Birmingham,Dublinx2,London,Rotterdam,Amsterdam
HelenMc

Post by HelenMc »

Thanks Albert, perfectly captured despite not getting any advance notice!

Return to “News”