Martha Wainwright Memoir

Anjani, Sharon Robinson, NEeMA, The Webb Sisters, Dino Soldo, Jennifer Warnes, Perla Batalla, Julie Christensen, Unified Heart Touring Band, Leonard's tours musicians...
Joe Way

Martha Wainwright Memoir

Post by Joe Way »

I wasn't sure where to put this, but Martha Wainwright has released a memoir titled, "Stories I May Regret Telling You."

Those of you who went to Hydra in 2002 surely remember Martha who accompanied Lorca Cohen to the event. Martha wasn't one of the featured performers as the organizers didn't know she was coming, but she performed "Tower of Song" at an open mic session.

Growing up in Montreal, she had a Leonard Cohen obsession and carried around his "I'm Your Man" cd. She speaks at length of her time performing at Hal Wilner's Leonard Cohen Tribute Concert at the Sydney Opera House. But also talks of staying with Lorca at the house she shared with Leonard in Los Angeles.

She obviously writes mostly about her own career and personal life, but being the daughter of artists Loudon Wainwright and Kate McGarrigle and the sister of the more famous Rufus Wainwright makes for a pretty interesting story.
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."

Return to “Related Artists”