never-ending gallery

This is for your own works!!!
solongleonard

Re: gender-bending Sally

Post by solongleonard »

what the hell have you done, Sally?

I remained loyal throughout your Muhammed Ali sketching obsession period.

I supported you over the celery incident.

I defended you concerning your weak chairing of the first Trump-Biden television debate.

And I prosecuted you when you claimed "Bird On A Wire" was a "genuine Leonard Cohen song, oh wasn't it good, yes really, I really mean it"

But this, THIS! This That This fucking haircut. I do not intend to disclose publicly your words when you phoned me this morning. They remain wholly confidential of course and I ask both of the other posters on this Forum not to read the rest of this letter.

DATELINE OCTOBER 2nd 2020

Brrr Brrr (it is a telephone)

Sally - "please please Solong, please please help me"

Solong - "oh no! Is it about bloody "Bird On A Fucking Wire" yet again, is it?

Sally - "Dear Compasionate and Wise Solong. no it's to do with my haircut this morning"

Solong - "Boorrring, what about it"

Sally - "It's a Disaster, help me, please please Help me"

Solong - "No, Go Away, SHUT UP ! (COPYWRITE JOSEPHINE BIDEN)."
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Re: never-ending gallery

Post by LisaLCFan »

Don't listen to solong, Geoffrey. I like your new 'do, it looks very smart!
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

LisaLCFan wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:12 am Don't listen to solong, Geoffrey. I like your new 'do, it looks very smart!
Ditto.

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

thank you for positive words and 'parental' advice <3
------------------------------------------------
"i've never had an overall strategy or a plan, you know - i've just always wanted to show off."
differing positions.jpg
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Geoffrey wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:26 pm thank you for positive words and 'parental' advice <3
------------------------------------------------

Tidy your room, Man!
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

"it's just self-respect that you're looking for in your work. you just keep on uncovering your own heart until you can find something in which you can locate your self-respect" -l. cohen
page 29.jpg
"it seems like you're on the front line of your own life and you really don't have too much opportunity for making grand plans, you're just trying to deal with the events that arrive" -l.cohen
letter.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:11 pm Tidy your room, Man!
ok :-(
B4real

Post by B4real »

Geoffrey,
I know you love experimenting with different mediums and methods doing your LC portraits and I thought you might be interested in these two of Leonard. The artist Craig Alan paints aerial images of people using them as a compositional tool. I came across the first one at LC’s official site and then found the second one on line. It’s always interesting to view artwork from figuratively speaking another perspective, but in this case looking literally from above :)

https://www.leonardcohen.com/

https://www.renjeau.com/artwork/alan-cr ... -on-panel/

EDIT: It would be an interesting experiment to do this as a live installation.
Just imagine getting all those people to stay in their allocated positions. Well, at least for long enough to take a photo!
Last edited by B4real on Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

B4real wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:12 am ...The artist Craig Alan paints aerial images of people using them as a compositional tool...

Those are very cool paintings! Love all the little (mostly faceless) people (and a woman with a dog!) -- very fun idea! Thanks!
B4real

Post by B4real »

LisaLCFan wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:56 am Love all the little (mostly faceless) people (and a woman with a dog!)
Glad you enjoyed that, Lisa!
And my edit failed to mention trying keeping animals still, ha!
B4real wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:12 am EDIT: It would be an interesting experiment to do this as a live installation.
Just imagine getting all those people to stay in their allocated positions. Well, at least for long enough to take a photo!
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Indeed!
B4real

Post by B4real »

Now I've just given myself an idea ;-)
Wouldn't it be great if we could get enough forum members together in a similar way to actually do a live installation as our collective tribute to Leonard. Maybe Geoffrey would like to be the art director (or me) :)
And I know Alan M is more than excellent with a camera 8)
....that is if he's not too busy watching the cricket ;-)
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

B4real wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:40 am Now I've just given myself an idea ;-)
Wouldn't it be great if we could get enough forum members together in a similar way to actually do a live installation as our collective tribute to Leonard. Maybe Geoffrey would like to be the art director (or me) :)
And I know Alan M is more than excellent with a camera 8)
....that is if he's not too busy watching the cricket ;-)
You know I'm not that tall!

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

B4real wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:40 am ...Wouldn't it be great if we could get enough forum members together in a similar way to actually do a live installation as our collective tribute to Leonard...

Well, we'd all have to be 2 metres/6 feet apart and wearing masks, and, at least in Canada, there are restrictions on how many people can assemble in one place, which may make it difficult to get "enough forum members together" such that they could create an identifiable image with their few social-distanced bodies... Therefore, I am really not sure how practical your plan would be, at this point in time, anyway. Perhaps it will have to wait until a somewhat more normal post-Covid-19 world returns (and, I am being optimistic that that will, in fact, occur...).
Geoffrey

Re: never-ending optimism

Post by Geoffrey »

good news. there is some talk about letting me go before the end of october. keeping my fingers crossed, as freedom is never appreciated more than after it has been taken away. since a large picture of leonard's bird in a tree made from magazine cuttings several weeks ago i have had but a single notebook and odd pieces of paper to draw on, and access to a computer only when no one is around. a couple of supervised excursions during september were permitted, and they cut my hair. am looking forward to an early release date. could be just a matter of days :-)

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”