Event program - first band announced!

Maarten

Event program - first band announced!

Post by Maarten »

Dear friends

First of all: thanks for those who have already registered for the Event without knowing anything about the actual Event program: your blind faith in my organizing skills touches me deeply! :D

Right now, a draft of the Event program is ready, but I'm still waiting for some confirmations and I have some backup ideas aswell in case something gets dropped. As soon as I get a few more confirmations, I will start making the program public here. Right now, I can let you all know that the program will contain a couple of tribute bands, a local band, some film screenings and a special afternoon on a specific topic (with guest speakers and music), along with the open mic and late night gatherings of course. Some other stuff needs to be confirmed.

Stay tuned for the first announcements, probably in the course of February!

Take care
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Hartmut

Re: Event program: TBA

Post by Hartmut »

Thank you! Looking forward to it.
Yorkshire Lad

Post by Yorkshire Lad »

Everybody knows you will hit some problems
Everybody knows you will do your best
Everybody knows you will be professional
Everybody knows you will pass the test
That’s how it goes
Everybody knows
manchester, london,manchester , a mountain in Wales ,hills in Haiger
Be content with a mistake or two. Perfection holds no compromise. It's a prison for perfect people .Where the flag of insanity flies
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I love that, Yorkshire, and agree wholeheartedly. Maarten's got this!!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
daniD

Post by daniD »

Maarten, our blind faith in your skills also (but not ONLY, of course!!)goes together with your lovely parents who will stand aside and will help planning...Am I right? I am.... hugs, D.
harald

Post by harald »

daniD wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:40 am Maarten, our blind faith in your skills also (but not ONLY, of course!!)goes together with your lovely parents who will stand aside and will help planning...Am I right? I am.... hugs, D.
Hello Eddy. Your new forum alias? :D
Greetings to Ann and yourself from Munich
Harald
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hi

The first band for the Event has been announced: Rags & Feathers will be playing a beautiful set of Leonard Cohen covers for us in Ghent! More info here: https://www.leonardcohenforum.com/viewt ... 91&t=38857

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
harald

Re: Event program - first band announced!

Post by harald »

These are difficult times for many of us.
I´d like to wish you all health, dear friends.

And this must be an especially hard time for our brave organizer of the Leonard Cohen Event.
Dear Maarten, whatever you will have to decide, from holding the event to postponing it to cancelling it, you will have my full support.
About finances let me point out, I do not need any participation fee back. What you had and will have to spend and might in the end be in vain, you did and do it on our behalf. I have full trust in your organising and I do not want you to be constricted by worries about the money.
Thank you for all you are doing.

Best wishes to all
Harald
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
Judy

Post by Judy »

The same goes for me, Maarten.
Bon courage to you and to everyone else xxx
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Harald and Judy

Thank you for the kind words!
I will create a new thread about the possible impact of the Corona virus for the Event (postponing/cancelling/going through with it...)

Maarten

harald

Post by harald »

This is not intended to the ill ones who have all my empathy.
This meant for the healthy ones dealing with quarantine and situation.

Difficult times, I wrote.
But we will not forget that what we now call difficult, being confined to our home, in excessive fear for our well being, avidly awaiting the newest sensational news, nervously fantasizing horror scenarios - or like me, as I write this, enjoying the sun on the balcony - is far better than what many people in the world can ever hope for.
The thirsty and hungry in Africa and other parts, the refugees on the European borders whom we so fear, the poor and the oppressed, name it, it´s happening somewhere on earth, they would well envy our luxury quarantine.
Keep it in mind.

You have a roof above your head, you have food and drink.
You should stay at home, keep distance and wash your hands - that´s all.
Calm down a bit.

Best
Harald
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Dear friends

We have decided to postpone the Event. For further information, please read the following announcement:
https://www.leonardcohenforum.com/viewt ... 91&t=38878

Maarten

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event 2020 in Ghent, Belgium - RESCHEDULED TO 2022”