never-ending gallery

This is for your own works!!!
LisaLCFan

Re: never-ending gallery

Post by LisaLCFan »

Sideways wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:46 pm shawarma * ...

* an Hydra food speciality...
Where's Geoffrey? I'm sure that he could post a photo of a shawarma!

While it may be an Hydra specialty, I think you will find that this Middle-Eastern delicacy is served virtually everywhere in the world in which there is a restaurant or a food-truck owned/operated by persons of Middle-Eastern descent.

Reading this thread makes me hungry, so I'm going to go have lunch, perhaps something vegan...
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Jean Fournell wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:41 am Words...
By the way, welcome to this bizarre corner of the LC forum! Thanks for the "words" -- great lyrics!
Jean Fournell

Post by Jean Fournell »

You're welcome, Lisa. I'm glad you liked the lyrics.
In a similar vein, although in another thread, I had "a spade", too.

But I'm afraid "this bizarre corner" is a bit too bizarre for me to fend in...

... for a while
... for a little while...

(Just a filthy beggar blessing / What happens to the heart)
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

leonard said:
"it wasn't the depression that was the engine of my work . . . that was just the sea i swam in"
rough data.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

"i hope you're keeping some kind of record, yes . . ."
record.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Geoffrey wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:22 am "i hope you're keeping some kind of record. . ."
I seldom have to keep records, because I have a very good memory. I recall, very clearly, that a mere 2 or 3 days ago, you posted something completely different where now a brown-coloured portrait of Leonard appears. In fact, the presence of that portrait, today's portrait, and yourself, completely contradicts what you wrote in that now-deleted message.

As for today's perfect offering, I have to admit that I cringe when people use nouns as verbs ("portraited", really?).
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

LisaLCFan wrote:
>I seldom have to keep records, because I have a very good memory.

i am sure you have an excellent memory, plus many other equally good qualities - if my assessment of you is correct.

>I recall, very clearly, that a mere 2 or 3 days ago, you posted something completely different where now a brown-coloured portrait of Leonard appears. In fact, the presence of that portrait, today's portrait, and yourself, completely contradicts what you wrote in that now-deleted message.

quite true, and i note with some relief that there exists no direct expression of disdain in your observation, the reason perhaps being because you know that a willingness to change one's mind is a sign pointing towards a thinking brain, and that only fools should be reluctant to adjust their thoughts or decisions.

>As for today's perfect offering, I have to admit that I cringe when people use nouns as verbs ("portraited", really?).

of course you cringe, as do many of us. the irony is that using nouns as verbs helps to keep communication alive and vibrant. we have come a long way since 'our father which art in heaven'. in language, as with other things, a person either becomes a follower of rules or an innovative leader. who knows, perhaps, in the not too distant future, after 'portraited' has been incorporated into everyday speech, my name will be mentioned alongside shakespeare and hemingway for having strayed beyond the word boundaries ;-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthimeria

i don't really know why, and this will not be news to you, but i have never used a spell checker, neither when writing english nor scandinavian. maybe i just enjoy making people cringe?

thank you for writing. always good to see your name appear :-)
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

What an extraordinary post by "Geoffrey"/"Lisa".

I will respond to his/her/their twin posers

Geoffrey wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:51 pm LisaLCFan wrote:
>I seldom have to keep records, because I have a very good memory.

This is nonsense. I have kept all my Leonard Cohen records. Unlike Lisa, I do not just dump them in the Norwegian Sea killing elephants and dogs.I too have a great memory and remember where Leonard is just filling in composition gaps. I know exactly where he ran out of ideas in "Joan of Arc" and his desperate "la,la,la, la" as he simply couldn't think of words to rhyme with " he hung the ashes of her wedding dress" *. He similarly fails on rhyming with "but must it come so cruel, and oh so bright?"**. "La la la", give me a break, Man!

I want to hear his failures not just remember them so keeping vinyl is vital and your boast is misplaced.

* It could have been

"He hung the ashes of her wedding dress
which sadly revealed flashes of her cotton vest"

or

"He hung the ashes of her wedding dresses
exposing her privates located somewhere south west"

Then **

"but must it come so cruel, and oh so bright?
you silly fool, its darker at night,
but there may
be an exception in Nor way"

Poser 2 our father which art in heaven'.

I can't answer this with absolute confidence but at least I can try rather than a'moanin' and bemoanin'.

The art which I think is most likely to be in heaven is Geoffrey's drawings of Mohammed Ali or the LP disc of Marcel Marceau's Greatest Hits.

I am happy to ty and help this growing community, well you're either forum or against um, though thou actually be a collection of vagabond recidivists.

I accept in advance your standard devotional admiration and applause of my work which brightens this place where as gloomy old Lenny used to say "there is seaweed in my showers".

completely Peaced and loved,

solongleonard
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Re: never-ending brilliancy

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:35 pm What an extraordinary post by "Geoffrey"/"Lisa".

I will respond to his/her/their twin posers...

Most excellent! Bravo, and well done, old chap!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote:Then . . . 'our father which art in heaven'. The art which I think is most likely to be in heaven is Geoffrey's drawings . . .
i am inclined to agree with lisa, mikey - an entirely entertaining post :-)

"i know you need your sleep now, i know your life's been hard"
tired man.jpg
solongleonard

Re: never-ending brilliancy

Post by solongleonard »

LisaLCFan wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:37 am
solongleonard wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:35 pm What an extraordinary post by "Geoffrey"/"Lisa".

I will respond to his/her/their twin posers...

Most excellent! Bravo, and well done, old chap!

thank you very mucho
THEY MUST LEAD
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Geoffrey wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:54 am
solongleonard wrote:Then . . . 'our father which art in heaven'. The art which I think is most likely to be in heaven is Geoffrey's drawings . . .
i am inclined to agree with lisa, mikey - an entirely entertaining post :-)

"i know you need your sleep now, i know your life's been hard"
tired man.jpg

thank you very macho (and bonus points for your deft use of the word "inclined" next to your excellent drawing)

ObB
THEY MUST LEAD
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

solongleonard wrote:
>thank you very macho (and bonus points for your deft use of the word "inclined" next to your excellent drawing)
---------------
you are welcome, dear friend.

short excerpt from private movie temporarily made public again.
apologies for bad camera work :-(
https://youtu.be/EC1KRAiufUE
solongleonard

Re: never-spending salary

Post by solongleonard »

I understand your argument that it makes your wages last longer but where's the joy. It's like that damn Bird on the Wire. He may have saved all his ribbons for thee and now you can date a lovely coiffured Bird with kempt hair but by abandoning his own grooming needs Leonard, certainly in his Black Sabbath and Guns & Roses stage, had dirty hippy locks, sometimes even White Man dreads, and the lack of ribbons ruined any small chance he ever had of getting laid. No woman wants to sleep with a man who lacks ribbons, which in Leonard's case included his refusal to use typewriter ribbons and resulted in hand-written songs that simply go "la la la la". I am glad that we have brought thIs subject into the open, AT LAST.

The same song even helps us to understand the thinking of the poor wretch who recently boasted about posting here, USING A FALSE NAME!! Not only was "Jack" saying "hello" with the help of a fake passport but when "Jack", or "Susan" (as he faked here) was he breaking the Terms and Conditions of posting (how's the court case coming along, Jarkko?) but he may have superficially projected "hello" whilst secretly meaning "goodbye"!

Jack/Susan are undermining the very fabric of this Club. It is reported that Jack/Susan has been saying, "Goodbye", "Hello, hello, hello" when he means "hello". Personally, I don't know why he says, "Goodbye", if he means, "Hello, hello, hello". Yes, I repeat - I don't know why he says, "Goodbye", if he means "Hello"
and vice versa.

Jack/Susan have wrought 'avoc 'ere. No good will come of this, I can tell you that.

Geoffrey once gave a church sermon on the subject "God's chicken breast on a plate" and there may be no further point to make.

Let's leave it there....
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Re: never-ending ghoulery

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:25 pm ...Geoffrey once gave a church sermon on the subject "God's chicken breast on a plate" and there may be no further point to make....

Actually, that reminds me of a painting I once saw of Saint Agatha of Sicily, very similar to the one below (although the one I saw was rather more gruesome...).

Agatha with a plate.jpg

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”