never-ending gallery

This is for your own works!!!
User avatar
LisaLCFan
Posts: 1699
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:24 pm
Location: Canada

Re: never-ending credulity

Postby LisaLCFan » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:37 am

I have very much been enjoying the recent creative writing efforts put forth by solongleonard and Geoffrey, in the "most amusing fictional post of the week" contest. They are currently tied for third place.
199Dan
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:52 pm

Re: never-ending gallery

Postby 199Dan » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:14 pm

:) third place :lol:
Sideways
Posts: 840
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: heart-rending mockery

Postby Sideways » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:57 am

Danielle is laughing at us, Godfrey. My day is ruined. My heart is going boom BOOM from all the stress of life, but particularly from this vicious condemnation maliciously posted by Danielle. I will hold on to my faith that Cleanliness is next to Godfreyness.
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 2780
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 am

Re: never-ending gallery

Postby Geoffrey » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:15 am

Sideways wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:57 am
Danielle is laughing at us, Godfrey. My day is ruined. My heart is going boom BOOM from all the stress of life, but particularly from this vicious condemnation maliciously posted by Danielle. I will hold on to my faith that Cleanliness is next to Godfreyness.
it doesn't matter, mike. life is so meaningless and absurd anyway. we are all just clones of sisyphus.
-g
199Dan
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:52 pm

Re: never-ending gallery

Postby 199Dan » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:31 pm

Well !! This Danielle must be one mean person to upset you fine people :) .
Please add my name to the FAST growing list of upset persons . :roll:
199 Dan
:lol: :lol: :lol: !!
199Dan
Posts: 197
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:52 pm

Re: never-ending gallery

Postby 199Dan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:52 am

199Dan wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:14 pm
:) third place :lol:
It's funny because it's true......... :roll:
User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 2780
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 am

Re: never-ending gallery

Postby Geoffrey » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:20 pm

"life is a drug that stops working" -l. cohen
looking.jpg
User avatar
LisaLCFan
Posts: 1699
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:24 pm
Location: Canada

Re: never-ending gallery

Postby LisaLCFan » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:23 pm

Well, this latest picture looks nothing like Dobby, I'm afraid, but it does bear a strong resemblance to that Leonard Cohen fellow. Quite a lovely, gentle expression on his face!

As for the Bible quote -- I do love the Old Testament and all of its immorality (conducted both by various people and by the big-G him/herself)! It is a veritable guide-book of how to live a vice-filled life: stalking, rape, incest, slavery, cannibalism, murder, it's all good!
User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 2780
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 am

Re: never-ending gallery

Postby Geoffrey » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:05 am

LisaLCFan wrote:I do love the Old Testament and all of its immorality (conducted both by various people and by the big-G him/herself)! It is a veritable guide-book of how to live a vice-filled life: stalking, rape, incest, slavery, cannibalism, murder, it's all good!
the new testament is all good too. i see it as one man's guide on how to go through life without ever having to do a single day's work or pay for a meal. wonderful magic 'tricks' and sleight of hand, and the way the cunning little rascal escapes from the tomb like houdini - a born con artist! "the truth shall set you free", he says. i bet he wasn't holding a copy of the bible when he said that!

apropos 'artist', here is a sketch from a real one. this time by leo from 2007 that i may have posted earlier.
three women.jpg
User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 2780
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 am

Re: never-ending gallery

Postby Geoffrey » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:57 pm

"i want to crawl on my knees off a high cliff
and sail around singing in the wind
which is so friendly to my feathery spirit
"
-l. cohen
mosaic.jpg
this wpap portrait was based on a photo taken by eva martonyi
Last edited by Geoffrey on Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 2780
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 am

Re: never-ending gallery

Postby Geoffrey » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:10 pm

3 graces.jpg
statue.jpg
User avatar
LisaLCFan
Posts: 1699
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:24 pm
Location: Canada

Re: never-ending subjectivity

Postby LisaLCFan » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:27 pm

Here is an instance of the subjectivity of art-enjoyment. I do not use the term "art-appreciation", because one can appreciate and recognise a piece of art as being finely crafted, reflecting the unique perspective of the artist, evoking certain thoughts, feelings, memories (which can be positive, negative, or otherwise, depending on the person), making a statement about something, etc., without actually liking the piece of art.

I can certainly understand why Leonard would be enamoured with a trio a nude females sharing an embrace, but it is not something that appeals to me, regardless of how well-made it may be and how positively evocative it may be to others.

I have a question, though, about Leonard's picture: any idea what the scissors and wire-cutters are supposed to represent? It is a strange juxtaposition.
solongleonard
Posts: 423
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:51 am
Location: Just ice round the shoulder

Kamehameha I

Postby solongleonard » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:06 am

Sir God-Free Wren 2.

A tight match spoiled by the Notorious Lisa Fan who invaded the toilet at half time when the players sucked oranges, which came all the way from a china plate.

I don't write any more. I'm so bored.


SoLong
User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 2780
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 am

Re: never-ending gallery

Postby Geoffrey » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:30 am

LisaLCFan wrote:
>Here is an instance of the subjectivity of art-enjoyment. I do not use the term "art-appreciation", because one can appreciate and recognise a piece of art as being finely crafted, reflecting the unique perspective of the artist, evoking certain thoughts, feelings, memories (which can be positive, negative, or otherwise, depending on the person), making a statement about something, etc., without actually 'liking' the piece of art.
>
>I can certainly understand why Leonard would be enamoured with a trio a nude females sharing an embrace, but it is not something that appeals to me, regardless of how well-made it may be and how positively evocative it may be to others.

i must say you are an unusually resourceful thinker. ok, as one who has studied a small amount of psychology, i am very much tempted to ask what it is about a finely crafted trio of nude females sharing an embrace that can stir negative feelings in a person. i have no intention, however, of subjecting anyone to a session of psychoanalysis, so will refrain from asking this question, as interesting as the answer might be, so please disregard ;-)

>I have a question, though, about Leonard's picture: any idea what the scissors and wire-cutters are supposed to represent? It is a strange juxtaposition.

good question! allow me to recount the following that occurred in a posh cafe ('cafeteatret'?) in oslo a number of years ago. there was a small stage upon which someone was talking at the microphone about something or other. everyone sat listening intently. then, without any ado whatsoever, leonard turned around to a lady sitting behind him, leaned back and quietly asked "do you write?" this had nothing to do with anything that was going on, but she smiled and replied "sometimes". "you should do it more" he said, and then turned back around and focused once more on the stage.

this is a reasonable example of how a bright mind can behave, essential for a writer, and a typical 'hallmark of creativity' - as a neuroscientist might say. if seemingly unconnected things were never put together there would never be any new discoveries or evolvement.

below is an old picture he composed (i think it was used in 'book of longing') that also shows unrelated items; a candle, a can of beer, a salt cellar and a tin of paint thinner(!). you've likely seen it before, but i show it again as it relates to 'strange juxtapositions' :-)
objects.jpg
User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 2780
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 am

Re: never-ending gallery

Postby Geoffrey » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:43 am

solongleonard wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:06 am
Sir God-Free Wren 2.

A tight match spoiled by the Notorious Lisa Fan who invaded the toilet at half time when the players sucked oranges, which came all the way from a china plate.

I don't write any more. I'm so bored.

SoLong
if you want something to occupy your mind, mike, i hear there is a certain gentleman with blue blood (living not far from you) in dire need of a good defence lawyer at the moment. give it a shot :)

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests