Let Us Compare Mythologies (& Stranger Music)

Forum for collectors and traders' of Leonard Cohen's music and poetry.
B4real

Let Us Compare Mythologies (& Stranger Music)

Post by B4real »

Auction Preview: Fine Books at PBA Galleries, San Francisco, Feb 7
BLOUIN ARTINFO
"Let Us Compare Mythologies", Montreal, 1956 - Leonard Cohen; 79. pp. With illustrations by Greda Guttman. (8vo), black cloth, spine lettered in silver, ...

They will only let you read this once and the link below is a second look which asks for a subscription.
https://www.blouinartinfo.com/news/stor ... ncisco-feb

I can’t read it again but by memory it’s a first edition and the price is listed as US $10,000 - $15,000. My Oh My!!

EDIT: I've just found confirmation here - http://newsdepo.com/all_news/&nw=326103
Let Us Compare Mythologies«, Montreal, 1956 - Leonard Cohen; 79. pp. With illustrations by Greda Guttman. (8vo), black cloth, spine lettered in silver, original dust jacket designed by Greda Guttman. One of about 400 copies. First Edition. Estimated Price: $10,000 - $15,000

EDIT:
Geoffrey wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:11 am clean out your browsing data you can go back as often as you wish :-)
Thanks, Geoffrey - I'd forgotten about that :)
Last edited by B4real on Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Geoffrey

Re: Let Us Compare Mythologies

Post by Geoffrey »

B4real wrote:
>They will only let you read this once . . .

clean out your browsing data you can go back as often as you wish :-)
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Let Us Compare Mythologies & Stranger Music

Post by jarkko »

Marie found this on Ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stranger-Music ... :rk:1:pf:0
Stranger Music by LEONARD COHEN ~ SIGNED Limited First Edition w/ 3 Prints 1993
Price:
US $3,500.00

Stranger Music
Selected Poems and Songs
by Leonard Cohen
Signed limited first edition (#47 of 100)
in clamshell box with three signed prints

Toronto: McClelland & Stewart, 1993. [xx], 415 pp. Original navy cloth with silver lettering, housed in cloth clamshell box with mounted illustration on front board and silver lettering, chemise with three color prints (each signed by Cohen) and clear protective sheets in pocket. First edition, limited deluxe issue signed by Cohen on colophon at front. Copy #47 of 100 such copies. Fine in Fine original box with a little shelf wear. An excellent copy of a rare deluxe edition surveying the Canadian singer-songwriter and poet's career across both mediums.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||

Return to “Collectors' and Traders' Corner”