Tony Palmer releases 1972 concert footage on DVD

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Mabeanie1

Re: Tony Palmer releases 1972 concert footage on DVD

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I am somewhat less happy TBH. I ordered an unsigned limited box which seemed a nice thing to have. They added almost £10 for shipping to my order so the upshot is that they have had £85 of my money for two months now with no clear idea if or when I will receive what I paid for. If it’s a rights issue it could take years and I’m not sure I would take Tony’s word for it vs what Jarkko has heard from “official” sources.

Wendy
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I just received the following e-mail from Pledge Music:

“Hi Wendy,

Thank you for getting in touch,

I have been informed this morning that we unfortunately won't have a timeline confirmed for another couple of weeks and I therefore ask if you would like to cancel your order and receive a full refund?

I do sincerely apologise for the inconvenience,
Best wishes,”

I will wait another couple of weeks to see if a timeline is forthcoming but I am not holding my breath ......

Wendy
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

I got this answer:

Thank you for getting in touch,

Unfortunately as we have not received this stock to our warehouse and we do not have confirmation on when we could be expecting this,

I am forced to cancel and refund you for your order, please allow up to 3-5 working days for it to be back into your account,

Best wishes,

Josefine
PledgeMusic

So it seems that this whole pledge is or will be cancelled, not what I wanted no the situation is at least clear
Last edited by HugoD on Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017
Happiness is just the side effect of a meaningful life.
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

The odd thing is here that Wendy and I got different answers, were they say to Wendy she can wai for another couple of weeks before canceling they are more clear to me and say that they are forced to cancel. And in my case they canceled (and refunded ) without asking first.

I don’t have the answers what will happen in the near future but I am not unhappy that they refunded my money.
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

And the pledge is now officially closed, so that leaves little to the imagination.

Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

How odd that we got different answers from the same person! I said I will wait a couple of weeks provided I can cancel then if there is no satisfactory answer. However I think it might be better to just ask for a refund and forget the whole sorry business .....

Wendy
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I asked them whether the project was cancelled and, if so, what I had to do to get reimbursed. They replied that they had now cancelled my order and will reimburse the amount. A little ambiguous because they didn't refer to the project being cancelled, just my order. Anyway, I assume that the whole thing is off. A pity........
" ........... if one can describe as serious the confused comedy of our lives". Graham Greene, "The Comedians".
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

Stranger wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:04 am I asked them whether the project was cancelled and, if so, what I had to do to get reimbursed. They replied that they had now cancelled my order and will reimburse the amount. A little ambiguous because they didn't refer to the project being cancelled, just my order. Anyway, I assume that the whole thing is off. A pity........
I do agree with you that it is weird that there is no transparent communication. But the fact that the project is officially closed while it isn’t even completed leaves no illusions of the status in my opinion.
But let me also say that Pledgemusic is not being sluggish with the cancellation, within 24 hours of my cancellation I got my money back. So that’s a compliment to them for handling this situation.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

And so the saga goes on. I received this e-mail this morning, from the person who told me they would have more information in a couple of weeks on the same day that she cancelled and refunded HugoD’s order:

“Hi Wendy,

Following up on this,

I have been told this morning that unfortunately there is a possibility we won't be able to get this stock in,
I wouldn't want you to miss out on the items so therefore I would advise you to cancel your order and purchase this from another platform.

I do sincerely apologise for the inconvenience,
Please let me know how you would like to proceed,

Best wishes,

Josefine
PledgeMusic”

I have cancelled the order.

Wendy
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

And the latest information I got through email from PledgeMusic:
Tony Palmer: Leonard Cohen Shipping

Thank you for your pre-order for this product.

The label are at the final stages of clearances which has caused a delay in anticipated shipping. We have changed the shipping date to the end of January 2019. We are very sorry if this causes any disappointment.

We will keep you informed of progress - please message us at help@pledgemusic.com if you have any issues or questions.

Thank you
PledgeMusic
Let's wait until February to see whether or not this will happen...
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

I, and others, also received the same email. Seems odd that they sent me this email since I cancelled my order and got a full refund. It says that they expect to send at the end of January. I saw this message as an automated reply to anyone that had ordered items in this pledge and there is not really any news or information that the release will happen in the near future. We all can see that the pledge itself has been closed for almost two months now and no ordering of items can be done.

But having said that, if it will become available I will order (again)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

How odd or at least discouraging. Tony Palmer had issues with his Bird On A Wire, too. At least I haven't missed out, yet.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
bigdee

Post by bigdee »

What the !@%&, I had an order in for 2 of these since July and had been asking them monthly on Pledge Music since Sept. if there was any updates on if/when it will be shipped. They never were able to give me an answer except to apologize for the delay and offer me a refund if I wanted it. For 3 months I've turned down the offer of the refund until 2 weeks ago. Now that I've canceled my order I see they saying they are finalizing the clearances and will be shipping at end of January and of course the store is now closed so I can't reorder :( . Jarkko have you heard anything from Los Angeles if this is true that Sony and/or The LC Estate gave the go ahead to release this and if so will be released elsewhere in stores or on websites like Amazon or is it just the one and done release through Pledge Music and Tony? I really hope if this is indeed finally coming out I didn't give up my one and only chance at getting a copy by cancelling 2 weeks too soon after waiting months for an answer.
1993: Philadelphia July 15 2008: Montreal June 23,24,25 2009: NYC Feb 19/ Columbia May 11/ Philadelphia May 12/ Waterbury May 14/ NYC May 16,17/ Boston May 29,30/ Philadelphia Oct 22/ NYC Oct 23/ Cleveland Oct 25 2010: Vegas Dec 10,11 2012: Boston Dec 15,16/ NYC Dec 18,20 2013: NYC Apr 6,7
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

bigdee wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:20 am What the !@%&, I had an order in for 2 of these since July and had been asking them monthly on Pledge Music since Sept. if there was any updates on if/when it will be shipped. They never were able to give me an answer except to apologize for the delay and offer me a refund if I wanted it. For 3 months I've turned down the offer of the refund until 2 weeks ago. Now that I've canceled my order I see they saying they are finalizing the clearances and will be shipping at end of January and of course the store is now closed so I can't reorder :( .
I am in much the same position bigdee. I held on and held on then they were very persuasive and I finally cancelled my order and obtained a full refund.

The whole situation is so frustrating. Here's hoping Jarkko can get some sort of clarification.....

Wendy
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

No development, no new information to report (I emailed Los Angeles)
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||

Return to “News”