Afterword

The Budapest Event - Before and after
majmunka

Afterword

Post by majmunka »

Dear Friends,

thanks for coming, thanks for the many lovely presents, for your kind words, for the flowing love, for keeping the music alive. It was a hard work to organize the Event but I loved (almost) every moments and seeing the joy on your faces was gratifying. This Event will be one of the most pecious memories in my life. Hope to see you again down the Cohen road. Hydra awaits :)

Eva
Stranger

Re: Afterword

Post by Stranger »

Dear Eva,

Many thanks for organising this wonderful event. Your hard work paid off!

I am already looking forward to meeting you and other Cohenites on Hydra next year.
" ........... if one can describe as serious the confused comedy of our lives". Graham Greene, "The Comedians".
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

Thank you, Eva!
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Thank you Eva for an amazing event with some wonderful surprises in a beautiful city.

Hope you can relax now!

Wendy
Brian M

Post by Brian M »

Eva,

From Janice and me, thank you so much for a wonderful few days.

Brian
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Eija and I are safely back in Finland, after a wonderful time in Budapest. Big thanks to Eva for the splendid Event she had created! She had found and signed great artists who provided us unforgettable performances. Special thanks also for so many stylish mementos in the Event bag! I will upload the Event booklet to the Files soon.

Looking forward to seeing many of you next year! We will have the Hydra Meetup in June 2019 - more at www.leonardcohenfiles.com/backtohydra.html -, and the biennial Walking Weekend in September. And, if we practice patience (here we have the familiar P-word again!), more surprising news will follow in due time. ;-)
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

jarkko wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:04 am Eija and I are safely back in Finland, after a wonderful time in Budapest. Big thanks to Eva for the splendid Event she had created! She had found and signed great artists who provided us unforgettable performances. Special thanks also for so many stylish mementos in the Event bag! I will upload the Event booklet to the Files soon.

Looking forward to seeing many of you next year! We will have the Hydra Meetup in June 2019 - more at www.leonardcohenfiles.com/backtohydra.html -, and the biennial Walking Weekend in September. And, if we practice patience (here we have the familiar P-word again!), more surprising news will follow in due time. ;-)
i have never experienced so much positive feedback (lc forum, facebook & privately) from an event as has been the case this year. much respect to eva for arranging such a successful event.
it would be lovely to go to hydra one day, but riding in an aeroplane is not an option - because i am too scared to do it.
oblivion

Post by oblivion »

Thank you Eva for a wonderful time, i hope you recovered from everything! you and your team did a great job!
Jarkko, this p - word again...starts my fantasy, thank you (-;
frankfurt+munic 1976; nuremberg 1988; lörrach, berlin, frankfurt+london 2008;
new york, cologne, venice, istanbul, prague + barcelona 2009
sligo, berlin, ghent, wiesbaden, strasbourg, marseille, hannover, dortmund, warsaw, las vegas 2010
ghent, helsinki, berlin, dublin, verona, paris...2012
oberhausen, mannheim, bruxelles, lucca, hamburg, odense, amsterdam...2013
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Eva

No words can describe the happiness we all found during the Event. You did a superb job in creating this lovely Event in which we all could gather with our friends, old and new. I guess it was an emotional rollercoaster organizing it all for us, but it worked out beautifully.

Thanks for all the hard work, it truly is deeply appreciated by all of us!

All the best
Maarten and Nele

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Janetld

Post by Janetld »

Just home this weekend from the most amazing weekend in Budapest. Everything was perfect, we were so lucky. Thank you so much, Eva, and your team. The performers were all brilliant, the film, the open mic, the venue, the company, the yoga, the boat trip, the Nordic trekking.

I travelled to Budapest by train from the UK stopping in Brussels, Berlin and Bratislava on the way there and Vienna, Zurich, Frankfurt and Aachen on the way back. Certainly a trip to remember forever.

Grateful thanks to all, Janet
B4real

Post by B4real »

Sounds like everyone had a wonderful time :D

and....
jarkko wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:04 am And, if we practice patience (here we have the familiar P-word again!), more surprising news will follow in due time. ;-)
I'm wondering if Jarkko's famous "P" word might also be associated with another "P" word - Patrick Leonard ;-) https://ew.com/article/2016/11/11/leona ... -rb-album/
He and I had talked about the string record, and he said, ‘I might not see it finished, but I’d like it to be finished no matter what.’
No matter what, it's definitely a pleasurable feeling to look forward to whatever is coming!
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Budapest 2018”