This is for your own works!!!
Geoffrey

"the stars eat your body . . ."

Post by Geoffrey »

stars.jpg
solongleonard

Re: "the stars eat your body . . ."

Post by solongleonard »

Was it Janis Joplin? I noticed how much weight she put on after that incident with Leonard Cohen
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
bbroberts

Post by bbroberts »

omg that is such an awesome line ahhh love leonard cohen
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

It turns out it was Mama Cass
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:04 am It turns out it was Mama Cass
What, Mama Cass had a fling with Leonard, too?!? I didn't think that she was his type...
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Fatist!
THEY MUST LEAD
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

solongleonard wrote: Fatist!

Well, I know that Leonard's politics leaned rather, um, heavily towards the right, but I don't think that it is fair to call him a fatist.
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

Many of you would have read the script of Leonard's interview on French Television, c. 1994. It included these lines - "I think that what he's really talking about is not that part of fatism that we usually think about: the hatred, or the violence, or the racism. He's talking about what makes young people want to be fattists, what attracts them, and he's both trying to explain a growing phenomenon, perhaps particularly in the European context in the early 1990s after the collapse of the Soviet Union and the communist governments of Eastern Europe, and to urge democratic institutions and societies to try to attract those young people to democratic ideas. He suggests that by focusing on the idealistic aspect of fatism and understanding it, they can turn those impulses towards discipline and commitment to a cause to their own democratic purposes.".
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Sideways wrote: Many of you would have read the script of Leonard's interview on French Television, c. 1994. It included these lines - "I think that what he's really talking about is not that part of fatism that we usually think about...

Thank you, Sideways, that is precisely the interview that I was thinking of when I wrote my above comment! It is important to clarify these matters for onlookers who may otherwise be confused about what we're going on about.

By the way, if you happen to run into Solongleonard or Mickey_One, say "Hello" for me!
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

LisaLCFan wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:38 pm
Sideways wrote: Many of you would have read the script of Leonard's interview on French Television, c. 1994. It included these lines - "I think that what he's really talking about is not that part of fatism that we usually think about...

Thank you, Sideways, that is precisely the interview that I was thinking of when I wrote my above comment! It is important to clarify these matters for onlookers who may otherwise be confused about what we're going on about.

By the way, if you happen to run into Solongleonard or Mickey_One, say "Hello" for me!

You instruct me how to behave should I have the misfortune to "run into" those Charlatans. I already know exactly how I will conduct myself. I shall shout in their faeces, "shit! you damn Charlatans Curs-ed be thou Names".
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Sideways wrote:
LisaLCFan wrote: By the way, if you happen to run into Solongleonard or Mickey_One, say "Hello" for me!

You instruct me how to behave should I have the misfortune to "run into" those Charlatans. I already know exactly how I will conduct myself. I shall shout in their faeces, "shit! you damn Charlatans Curs-ed be thou Names".

I am not sure why you'd want to shout into their faeces -- perhaps that is one of those quaint British customs with which I am not acquainted? Or, maybe it's just one of your peculiar eccentricities? Whatever the case, please remind me not to invite you to my next party, because I'm not sure how I'd explain to my other guests your odd manner of greeting people.

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”