Kaylin

Little wild bouquet

Post by Kaylin »

Just this for you
web-flowers.jpg
Geoffrey

Re: Little wild bouquet

Post by Geoffrey »

'little wild bouquet' - excellent title, kaylin. great picture, too. not everyone is able to pick an apt line from one of leonard's songs to use as the title of their post. it takes a combination of knowledge of his work, plus enough modesty and self-assurance to avoid revealing the author. never spoon-feed your readers, the brighter ones will usually figure it out, and it shows that you do not crave attention, that you have enough confidence in yourself not to boast. i am famous for using this exact same method, so no-one knows more than yours truly the amount of awareness and intelligence finding a suitable title demands; perhaps you learnt from me - yes? don't worry, no need to admit anything - i see it as an honour to have been instrumental in the advancement of the human thought process :-)
Kaylin

Post by Kaylin »

Greetings Geoffrey, Thank you for your contributions to this forum, and encouragement to me here. Sometimes
I feel like jumping in and usually don't... but this time I felt inspired to share a Leonard Cohen moment that
gifted itself to me, even a "Geoffrey-esque Leonard Cohen moment". Your drawings of Leonard, especially these latest are very touching and both your humanity and Leonard's come through... And Yet! your wit and humor!

The weather (and politics) here is overcast and dreary, but then these unexpected bright yellow daffodils were artfully placed in this dreary spot by someone.
close-up.jpg
What best illustrates why one line titles or snapshots are immensely easier for me is when/if I feel a desire to elaborate... I will try because of the Leonard lexicon in my head that sometimes is my dictionary and wants to express how Leonard changed my landscape of seeing and thinking... what art does, what poetry does. It's a leap, but one of my favorite Cohen poems is one of his latest at leonardcohenfiles.com "Homage to Morton Rosengarten". https://leonardcohenfiles.com/torosengarten.html I love this poem so much, it is sheer perfection; it has so many levels.. carefully placed by an artist of artists. "Just as there is no extra word in a great poem, In a Rosengarten".

Further adding to how this poem mystically confounds me is a personal connection... there was a place that I used to go to frequently take long walks, "Morton Arboretum" -- a beautiful 1,700 acre sanctuary of all types of trees, gardens, walking paths, aptly established by a man named "Joy"... Joy Morton, of Morton Salt. His father, Sterling Morton was the originator of Arbor Day.
Morton_Arboretum_Lisle_Illinois.jpg
I moved from the area 2 years ago and feel as if I left a bit of my soul behind.
New dreary "now" (photo)
MeramecRiver.jpg
There are many so many tangents I could meander down, if considering Leonard's poem (I am a meander-er... and sometimes it's a blessing, but much more of a curse, because I am usually Always tongue-tied.) And then Leonard comes along and writes about how "A Rosengarten" (one of his artist-friend's sculptures) just stands there... "creating new alarming original friendships with the air and the light". Somehow someone put that into words!
Sideways

Post by Sideways »

I have wondered in the past how the Blues Brothers would get on at the Morton Arboretum.

I will wonder about it again in the future.
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”