MONTREAL: More information for the members

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
bogra

Re: MONTREAL: More information for the members

Post by bogra »

Perfect Marie, Thanks. See you all in Montreal :D
Aad & Gery
Last edited by bogra on Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008: Amsterdam / 2009: Antwerp / 2010: Strasbourg - Las Vegas / 2012: Gent - Amsterdam - Dublin - Verona - Lisbon / 2013: Brussels - Lucca - Rotterdam - Amsterdam - Perth - Melbourne
Athnuachan

Post by Athnuachan »

Thank you Marie for this Cohen site map. I find it so interesting to see all these familiar places on the map and the pop-ups work fine. I hope others like me who will not be in Montreal in November find your map here - who knows, we might get there some time! Much appreciated.
Ring the bells that still can ring...
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Electronic Travel Authorization:
Citizens from countries other than the United States who do not need a visa to enter Canada will need to obtain an eTA before flying to Canada. Travellers do not need an eTA when entering Canada by land or sea. Applying for an eTA is a simple online process that takes just a few minutes. You need your passport, a credit or debit card and an email address. It costs CAD $7 to get an eTA. It is valid for up to five years.
Read more at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta.asp
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

Received the email with conformation this morning about the tour and dinner. I can only imagine how busy you all are with arranging all of this. So thanks again for making this all happen. Time is passing slowly but surely and we are looking forward meeting familiar faces again and new Cohenities in November!
Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017
Happiness is just the side effect of a meaningful life.
mutti

Post by mutti »

RE: eTA Electronic Travel Authorization
Canadian citizens living in the US (green card holders) flying in to Canada do not need an eTA as long as you have your Canadian passport.
I checked this out as I am a Canadian citizen living in the US and this applies to my situation.
Once you get one it is valid until your passport (of any country) expires. At that time you need to apply for a new one. I bought my husband one last year and it took 5 minutes online.
Thanks Jarkko for the reminder to everyone.
See you all soon!
Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Just one further word about the eTA. Don't worry if it takes a day or two to come through. I had a new passport last year so had to apply for a new eTA. However some complicated travel arrangements involving land crossings followed by flights for another trip a couple of weeks later meant I didn't meet the requirements for automatic online approval. However I got my eTA approval notification through no problem within a couple of days once someone had looked at it.

Wendy
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Does everyone need this eTA? Is a passport not enough?

***Not US citizens but all the others who fly to Canada and don't need a visa/ Jarkko
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
199Dan

Post by 199Dan »

HugoD wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:44 am Received the email with conformation this morning about the tour and dinner. I can only imagine how busy you all are with arranging all of this. So thanks again for making this all happen. Time is passing slowly but surely and we are looking forward meeting familiar faces again and new Cohenities in November!
I have not received a e-mail confirmation yet , should I be concerned ?
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Dan, we have not got any emails from you since you on Sept 13 told that you've got ticket to the concert. I sent you the invitation to Moishe's and the City tour, and later two follow-ups. Did you get those? Have you checked your spam folder?
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
199Dan

Post by 199Dan »

I responded to the note that I had not responded to being on the list for tour and dinner. I though I was on the list and sent a confirming text. What should I do now ? Please .
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Dan, the emails must be circulating somewhere in the cyber space, trying to find my inbox.
Don't worry. I put you down to both lists now. More by email.
199Dan

Post by 199Dan »

Thanks Jarkko,
I sent Eva payment for the tour this morning.
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

We will be in Montreal for the concert. Since we will be there for 6 days we would also like to make some day trips in and outside Montreal. So this is a request for some suggestions for activities in and around Montreal early November beside the program that already has been made by Jarkko and his team.
Our interest lies in outdoors activities (long walks etc.), good food and wine and local/territorial culture, not so much in museum visits.
Have of course done some homework and found some ideas via TripAdvisor but am keen on tips form locals there that are (much) less commercial

Anyone?

Thanks in advance :D
Pancho Cabeza

Post by Pancho Cabeza »

I am a new member to this forum but a LC fan since 1967 (gives you an idea about my age). My wife and I are coming to Montreal Sunday, Nov. 5 and leaving Weds. Nov. 8. I have 2 questions, which I would appreciate anyone answering;

1. I read posts on here referring to a tour and dinner at Moishe's. Can I still sign up and how? I've read about Moishe's and had it on our to do list but would love to join other fans there.

2. I have 2 extra tickets to the concert Monday which I want to sell. They are in Sect. 119, Row V. I ended up buying the Bronze pkg. in Sec. 102 to be closer. Can you explain how I can sell them on the forum?

Thanks,
Frank
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

Pancho Cabeza wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:24 pm
1. I read posts on here referring to a tour and dinner at Moishe's. Can I still sign up and how? I've read about Moishe's and had it on our to do list but would love to join other fans there.

2. I have 2 extra tickets to the concert Monday which I want to sell. They are in Sect. 119, Row V. I ended up buying the Bronze pkg. in Sec. 102 to be closer. Can you explain how I can sell them on the forum?

Thanks,
Frank
On your question 1 you best contact Jarkko (webmaster)

On your question about the tickets for sale: here is the link: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37660&start=15

You can sell your tickets at face value or less, Please read the conditions in the first post.

Hope this helps

Return to “News”