Hattie Webb at St. Pancras Old Church (December 15th, 2016)

Anjani, Sharon Robinson, NEeMA, The Webb Sisters, Dino Soldo, Jennifer Warnes, Perla Batalla, Julie Christensen, Unified Heart Touring Band, Leonard's tours musicians...
John Etherington

Hattie Webb at St. Pancras Old Church (December 15th, 2016)

Post by John Etherington »

St Pancras Old Church was the perfect setting for the "Before the Goldrush Christmas Special". This small church is always cosy and inviting, and was cheerfully lit with seasonal red and white candles, while red lights were projected onto the relief panels at the side of the performance area. Red and yellow lights lit the piano at the back below the Crucifixion image, and other iconography added atmosphere, such as the statue of Virgin and Child on the left, and a solar image high up near the ceiling. There were also Xmas decorations hanging from Hattie's harp stand.

There were two good support acts, namely Tom Hyatt: a fine young singer-songwriter accompanied by a female cellist and male pianist (he came into the audience and chatted with us, after his set), and a band called Patch and the Giant who played a rousing set which included a worthy version of Dylan's "Oh Sister".

Hattie, who had just flown back from L'A. after Leonard's memorial, wore a black headpiece, a black knee length dress, and black ankle boots. She also wore an illuminated badge which occasionally lit up in red and green. As usual she intermittently used her large and small harps, and engaged the audience with between-songs patter.

The full set-list (played solo on this occasion) was as follows:

Oh Little Town of Bethlehem (one verse)
As Long as We're Dancing
To the Bone
House of the Rising Sun
Newton's Law
Call My Name
Silent Night (one verse)
A capella "chant" (as at beginning of Bedroom Session video)
Rhythm of the Night
Arithmetic
Natalie
Show Me the Place (first verse) leading into
The River

After the concert, Hattie signed copies of her "Mouth of the Sea" E.P (plus posters etc.) and chatted with people. I had quite a long chat with her, and she was naturally tearful when talking about Leonard. It was also good to chat with Graham and Mandy Webb earlier, and say hello to brother Brad (Charley couldn't make it, due to a prearranged commitment). In conclusion, an unmissable concert, even though there were only a few people that I knew there.
Last edited by John Etherington on Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HelenD

Re: Hattie Webb at St. Pancras Old Church (December 15th, 2016)

Post by HelenD »

Thanks for your vivid description of the proceedings. Would have loved to have been there but could not fit it in.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I probably couldn't have made this show at such a busy time of year, especially as I was also in London the previous night, but I didn't actually find out about it until just before the show by which time it was too late to book advance long distance train tickets. How do you find out about Hattie's concert dates in good time John? I'm obviously missing a trick here but I have no idea where to look for dates. There was nothing on TWS website.

W
asta

Post by asta »

Hattie's website is http://www.hattiewebbmusic.com Her Facebook is Hattie Webb. Hattie does seem to keep both up to date. Hattie and Charley also publicise Hattie's gigs and music releases too on the Webb Sisters Facebook.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

asta wrote:Hattie's website is http://www.hattiewebbmusic.com Her Facebook is Hattie Webb. Hattie does seem to keep both up to date. Hattie and Charley also publicise Hattie's gigs and music releases too on the Webb Sisters Facebook.
Thanks. I haven't been on FB much of late, not least because I did not want to see all the anguish following Leonard's death or the rants that he was not awarded the Nobel prize, but I had missed Hattie's solo website. I will keep an eye on that going forward.

Wendy
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

asta wrote:Hattie's website is http://www.hattiewebbmusic.com Her Facebook is Hattie Webb. Hattie does seem to keep both up to date. Hattie and Charley also publicise Hattie's gigs and music releases too on the Webb Sisters Facebook.
Thanks. I haven't been on FB much of late, not least because I did not want to see all the anguish following Leonard's death or the rants that he was not awarded the Nobel prize, but I had missed Hattie's solo website. I will keep an eye on that going forward.

Wendy
sebmelmoth2003

mark nevin at St. Pancras Old Church - march, 2017

Post by sebmelmoth2003 »

same venue - march 20th.

...Four decades – and a successful music career later – the death of his idol has prompted his latest album...

his idol is bowie but i would imagine he likes leonard too.

http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/etcetera/music ... _1_4902461

Return to “Related Artists”