Leonard Has Passed Away

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
areyouhungup

Re: Leonard Has Passed Away

Post by areyouhungup »

So sad about this, but listening to his interview on New Yorker, he sounded ready to go. Such dignity.
Been listening to his music solidly since the news. Only way to get through it/ Overwhlemed by the emotion of all his admirers. The man was a genius and he'll live forever with his music and poetry that gets to the soul.

Raising my glass to you great man
remote1

Post by remote1 »

We were borderline then, but now we're broken...
"We are so lightly here"
Lindenburg

Post by Lindenburg »

I want to extend my condolences to his children, grandchildren, and all other family and friends, with their tremendous loss. For me it feels as if I lost a trusted mentor, but you have actually lost someone beloved.

The work of Leonard Cohen has guided and inspired me throughout my whole adult life. In difficult times, the wisdom of his words made me see the light and see the relativeness of things. Many people stress that his music and lyrics are dark and depressing, but in my case they brought me light, increased self-understanding and a way to stay optimistic in the chaotic and dark world we live in.

Mr Cohen is no more, his art will never die and will continue to be a major source of inspiration for me.

Peter Lindenburg, Leiden, the Netherlands
francis

Post by francis »

Dear all,
In several messages I read that there will be a public commemoration in LA. Does anyone know more about this? When or where will this happen? Who's in charge of it? Etc.
Thanks,
Francis
sage4262

Re: Tributes to Leonard

Post by sage4262 »

Just want to say how much i will miss your music and poetry Leonard i have been listening to you since i was 15
46 years of your words you influenced me so much and i do not know what else to say except thank you sleep well and my heart felt condolences to your family
Ian
awfultruth

Post by awfultruth »

Dear Leonard

I will be learning from you and quoting you for the rest of my life. Just because we never met in the flesh doesn’t stop you being one of the most pivotal mentors of my life. You have shown me how to weep at beauty, laugh at horror, and love in all circumstances. May the next chapter of your adventure feed you and bless you as you have fed and blessed the stumbling, tripping, dancing, falling, failing, trying world you leave behind you. Go in peace, friend teacher poet seer.

To your children and family - thank you for sharing him with us. What an immense gift. Blessings and love to all of you.

With all of my heart
Jess
lluvia

Post by lluvia »

envío mis condolencias desde Chile , estoy agradecida de haber conocido a éste gran hombre y poeta
Saludos a todos ,

lluvia (former Sandra)

http://flordemadera.blogspot.cl/
aquí y ahora (Sandra)
qbera6

Post by qbera6 »

Huge Condolences to Leonard's family and friends. Myself and my husband were very sad to hear the news.
Leonard has got us through the worst days of our lives, he inspired us, made us smile and laugh.
Leonard's music has been the soundtrack of our lives.
maureen

Post by maureen »

Leonard, you were part of my life for over 50 years, thank you for all you gave of yourself, feel a little bit lost, but know that you'll live on in people's hearts. RIP x
jeremek

Post by jeremek »

wyborcza m.jpg
Sony nekrolog m.jpg
1985/2008/2010/2013/Always
jeremek

Post by jeremek »

majmunka

Post by majmunka »

I've lost many loved ones but I've never wished more than now that I could believe in an afterworld. A Leonard Cohen afterworld. My heart is full with sorrow and love, despair and gratitude. Wrapping myself in music.
jeremek

Post by jeremek »

my pain was quite ok
kultura.jpg
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

Instagram:

misstress.spell #ripleonard #leonardcohen #solongleonard #mtlmoments #montreal N'ai pu résister d'aller lui porter une petite carte même s'il est parti - Couldn't resist to go to his place even if he's gone

Instagram:

2_pingouins_a_montreal Hommages devant la maison montréalaise de Leonard Cohen Fresque en cours
(Tribute in front of Leonard's home and across the street at the park)

Instagram:
alinemedeirosramos As Montreal as it gets: there's a book of condolences for Leonard Cohen at the BAnQ. People are signing and leaving flowers and all that. #mtl #QC #RIP #leonardcohen #2016

Instagram:

sergesasseville Comme beaucoup de Montréalais, nous sommes allés cet après-midi nous recueillir devant le 28, rue Vallières, la maison de Leonard Cohen. C'était émouvant de voir le respect des gens pour cet immense artiste dont l'œuvre sera éternelle. En face, au Parc du Portugal, les gens participent à la création d'une œuvre collective "Squares 4 Lenny". C'est beau, touchant et ça nous fait réaliser combien il fait bon vivre à Montréal en cette période trouble / Like many Montrealers, we went this afternoon to 28, Vallières Street, the house of Leonard Cohen, to stand in silence and pay homage to this great artist whose songs will be eternal. It was moving to see the respect people were showing. The other side of the street, in Parc du Portugal, people were participating in the creation of a collective work "Squares 4 Lenny". It was beautiful and touching and made us realize how much life is enjoyable in Montreal in this troubled time #RIPLeonardCohen #LeonardCohen #Squares4Lenny #28rueVallieres #ParcduPortugal #livemontreal #mtlshot #mtlmoments #somontreal #instaphoto #instapic #instashot #instamoment
alexandarphotography

Marie
Speaking Cohen
jorcx

Post by jorcx »

Thank you dear Leonard.
You have changed and shaped my life as it is. I've always known it but now, at this very moment, it's become clearer. Excuse me I am so tearful I cannot write anything more formal.
You are a true shining light, I just want to follow your path all along, living in plenitude and with total dedication to the art of the heart.
Fraternal greetings,
Jorcx
Barcelona 15th May '93 | Dublin 13th June '08 | Lucca 27th July '08 | London 17th November '08 | Cap Roig 15th August '09 | Barcelona 21st September '09 | Barcelona 3rd October '12

Return to “News”