The Dublin live BluRay/DVD/3CD now announced

This section is dedicated to the new studio album and the Dublin concert video
musicmania

Re: The Dublin live BluRay/DVD/3CD now announced

Post by musicmania »

Mikeaus wrote:The voices appear to be out of sync with the video
Glad I am not the only one seeing this. I really hope that won't be an issue on the DVD!
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
jerry

Post by jerry »

musicmania wrote:
Mikeaus wrote:The voices appear to be out of sync with the video
Glad I am not the only one seeing this. I really hope that won't be an issue on the DVD!
Is this an official release of the video? If so is this how they choose to advertise the new set with lousy audio and out of sync vocals? I don't get it.
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash.
Leonard Cohen
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Mikeaus wrote:The voices appear to be out of sync with the video ....
If you think "Everybody Knows" is out of sync, the video for "Come Healing" is even worse:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/premi ... e-20141016

:(
HugoD

Post by HugoD »

Goldin wrote:Everybody Knows
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IfmiKnZi3E

Believe me or not, it has 63 likes and 0 dislikes.
I am shocked. This sounds terrible :shock:
Lille 2010, Dublin 2012, Mannheim 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Montréal 2017
Happiness is just the side effect of a meaningful life.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Don't worry guys.
You have only watched a low resolution promotional clip. It cannot be compared with the final product.
I told Ed Sanders about your worries, and he said:
I think that it must be an itunes (low resolution) problem!! It all sounds great (to me and others who have heard it!) on the CD and DVD. I think people might want to wait for the real thing!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

jarkko wrote:Don't worry guys. You have only watched a low resolution promotional clip. ...
So, why release it then? It seems to defeat the purpose of "promoting" something...
jerry

Post by jerry »

LisaLCFan wrote:
jarkko wrote:Don't worry guys. You have only watched a low resolution promotional clip. ...

Strange logic putting out a low resolution video to create buzz for a new album!
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash.
Leonard Cohen
JudasPriest

Post by JudasPriest »

jarkko wrote:Don't worry guys.
You have only watched a low resolution promotional clip. It cannot be compared with the final product.
I told Ed Sanders about your worries, and he said:
I think that it must be an itunes (low resolution) problem!! It all sounds great (to me and others who have heard it!) on the CD and DVD. I think people might want to wait for the real thing!

The problem is the ITunes version is "the real thing" in the sense that both songs have downloaded onto my phone, presumably in their finished form as I have paid for them, and they sound brutal. This needs to be remedied quickly if possible as it does not reflect how Leonard (and his wonderful band) sounds in a live setting circa 2013.
byboyne

Post by byboyne »

I have to say I am getting a little bit concerned about this production. Thanks Jarkko for trying to get some reassurance, with Ed Sanders suggesting that what Apple have put out on Sale through iTunes is a low resolution offering! This is indeed a strange response. In fact the response it self is hardly reassuring. It may sound great to some but it looks awful as it is not in time with the music, on both tracks issued. No mention of how it looks!

I do hope that all this is actually an iTunes issue, but can we get a full reassurance from Sony/Columbia records that this is the case before people start paying out good money for the cd/DVD?

Thanks Jarkko for attempting to get clarification on this, but Sony please reassure us!
Dublin 1988, 2008/2009. Amsterdam 2008,Hamburg 2009,Sligo 2010,Dublin 2012, Dublin 2013.
Cheshire gal

Post by Cheshire gal »

I am going to wait to see if the problem has been corrected before buying this concert. After Live in London 2008 was not filmed in HD. It is surprising that this was not done correctly. What's the problem in 2014 to get it right?
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I haven't watched the previews or purchased anything from iTunes so I can't comment on the technical issues but maybe those who have concerns about the quality of the product they've bought should be addressing their complaints to Sony and iTunes?

Wendy
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

Cheshire gal wrote:I am going to wait to see if the problem has been corrected before buying this concert. After Live in London 2008 was not filmed in HD. It is surprising that this was not done correctly. What's the problem in 2014 to get it right?
i am sure many of us will get it asap , and report back. :D
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
flingwing

Post by flingwing »

I must confess to being somewhat concerned by reports of quality issues with the recording of live in dublin....even though live in london was not recorded in hd, the quality overall is quite acceptable and songs from the road is excellent. If the supposedly HD live in dublin blu ray which i ordered a few weeks ago is anything less than superb, i shall be massively disappointed..its not the fact that the 3cd/bluray package is quite pricey that is the issue for me, rather i have been waiting almost with my tongue hanging out for this release since word first started circulating that it may be happening. I was at both dublin shows last year and they were truly magical nights so i really hope the video release lives up to expectations. I would like to see a more convincing reassurance being posted to allay the concerns that are obviously shared by others out there apart from myself.....please jarkko?
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I don't have the DVD nor the BluRay yet, but I expect the quality to be superb, just like in the New Zealand concert that we screened at our Dublin Event. I didn't hear any complaints about the sound, on the contrary, the HD quality was praised by many participants.
Also, the mastering people at the studio and Sony thought it is clearly one one the best "live" records ever!!!
So, let's wait patiently until we have the final product.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
flingwing

Post by flingwing »

Thank you jarkko. Thats good enough for me! Counting down the days.......!

Return to “2014 releases: Popular Problems & Live in Dublin”