The Dublin live BluRay/DVD/3CD now announced

This section is dedicated to the new studio album and the Dublin concert video
songwriter

Re: The Dublin live BluRay/DVD/3CD now announced

Post by songwriter »

is it wrong to be more excited about the live album than I was for popular problems.................
fusional

Post by fusional »

So... doesn't come cheap does it?
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

fusional wrote:So... doesn't come cheap does it?
The Amazon UK price for the DVD set is £16.90. Do you honestly think that is a lot of money for a DVD and 3 CDs??

Wendy
anny

Post by anny »

Bol.com (the netherlands/belgium)
EAN number: 088750321497-blu-ray only €19.99
321398-dvd only. €16.99
318626-3 cd only. €24.99
355829-3cd+dvd. €29.99
355928-3cd/blu-ray. €29.99
susanne30072009

Post by susanne30072009 »

I am SO HAPPY and thankfull, that a whole Show will be released!
A full length Leonard-Cohen-Performance with all this wonderful musicians, each and everyone a "true Master of his own"...
It is JUST A PURE GIFT for me, and let me say: 3 CDs and 1 DVD (or BlueRay) for this price....
I am really wondering about the ones who say this is expensive.
But: this is in the eye of the beholder.

What counts for me (and I think for many others) is: a new Live-CD/DVD with a full-length-Recording from one of the last Shows in Europe from the last Tour 2013...
I have to say: I just be happy about it!
And, believe me: this are good news right now, this announcement came just at the right time....
So thank you, Mr. Cohen and all of the people, who's involved in this project.

One thing could be "topping" this news: the next announcement: "The Popular Problems Tour 2015"....
Let's wait and see (and hope)...
Thank you, Leonard Cohen!

Uwe + Susanne, Switzerland
Wirebird

Post by Wirebird »

The "Live In Dublin" bundles are now available for pre orders at
http://www.leonardcohenshop.com/

The Blu Ray bundle includes:
3CD/Blu Ray Live In Dublin Album
Exclusive Live in Dublin T-shirt
6 Postcard Set
2013 Classic Programme (available for purchase on the evening of the Dublin show)

The Blu Ray bundles costs £ 60. The 3 CD / DVD bundle costs £ 50 and the 3 CD bundle costs £ 45.
Attachments
bundle-image_2.jpg
85: Oslo 88: Oslo (2x) 93: Oslo 08: Gothenburg 09: Langesund; Bratislava; Prague 10: Malmø; Oslo; Oakland (2x); Las Vegas (2x)
12: Ghent (2x); Halden; Gothenburg; Helsinki; London; Verona; Paris (2x); Lisboa; Montreal (2x); Quebec; NYC; Brooklyn
13: Memphis, New Orleans, Louisville, London (2x), Antwerp, Mannheim, Brussels, Rome, Pula, Stockholm, Odense, Oslo, Bournemouth, Brighton, Birmingham, Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Wellington (2x), Auckland.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Wirebird wrote: The 3 CD / DVD bundle costs £ 50 and the 3 CD bundle costs £ 45.
Too expensive for me. My pre-ordered DVD/ 3 CD box cost £16.89 with free P&P from Amazon UK. That means I would be paying £33+ for a T shirt, postcard set and a programme that I've already got. They've got the pricing wrong on this one IMO.

Wendy
Phantom Stranger

Post by Phantom Stranger »

Americans should pay attention to its pricing on Blowitoutahere:

http://www.blowitoutahere.com/live-in-d ... 8750355928

The link goes towards the Blu-ray and 3 CDs set. At the moment, it's priced at $33 and code "HALLOWEEN2014" brings 15% off that price. That code expires tonight, unfortunately.
JudasPriest

Post by JudasPriest »

Everybody Knows from the new album is now available for download on ITunes. I have to confess, I'm not mad about the recordings of either song released thus far. Too much bass in the vocal and a flat kind of feel that sucks the atmosphere downwards imho. A step backwards from Songs From The Road which I felt was captured just right.
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

JudasPriest wrote:Everybody Knows from the new album is now available for download on ITunes. I have to confess, I'm not mad about the recordings of either song released thus far. Too much bass in the vocal and a flat kind of feel that sucks the atmosphere downwards imho. A step backwards from Songs From The Road which I felt was captured just right.
Can also be bought now as a download on amazon .
Kind of agree.These 2 examples are a different mix/sound from what we heard at the live shows , and somehow that difference is off-putting . Could be i'll end up preferring the sound of some of the best audience recordings , but still very eager for the release and may well feel different when i hear the whole thing
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
jerry

Post by jerry »

I just watched the video for Everybody Knows. The sound is terrible.
Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash.
Leonard Cohen
birminghamfan

Post by birminghamfan »

The wonders of modern technology may help those of us who use iTunes ! Somewhere in iTunes , under the Windows tab I think , is a perfectly decent graphic equaliser. Much like some others here , I find Live in London a bit 'flat'. Go to the equaliser window , tick the box , play with the sliders and boost the treble. Soon you end up with something that sounds like the front rows of a concert.
I fancy myself as a an audiophile , and if you choose the correct import settings there need be no quality loss importing into iTunes. I love the equaliser function , and think the unofficial concert recordings also may benefit from a bit of tweaking. All free of charge , and totally reversible - just untick the box.

Happy listening ! If I can help get in touch.
JudasPriest

Post by JudasPriest »

It is unsatisfactory to say the least. I wasn't at that particular gig but I can only assume it's a poor reflection of what transpired. It's worse than Live in London and I wasn't mad on the way that was captured. Looks like this could turn out to be a very disappointing release, fatally flawed by technical issues.
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

Everybody Knows
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IfmiKnZi3E

Believe me or not, it has 63 likes and 0 dislikes.
Mikeaus

Post by Mikeaus »

The voices appear to be out of sync with the video and let's hope they are able to capture a little of the Dublin atmosphere in the other songs.
Sydney & Bowral 2009. Lissadell Sligo July 2010 (what a night!). Sydney & Hanging Rock November 2010. Bimbadgen Winery, Hunter Valley, Nov 2013. Sydney Opera House, Dec 2013.

Return to “2014 releases: Popular Problems & Live in Dublin”