Leonard 80 years: Fund Raising for our Hydra Bench

A section for our Birthday Campaign. tributes around the world and your birthday greetings
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Leonard 80 years: Fund Raising for our Hydra Bench

Post by jarkko »

Update on Thursday Morning:

We will have another channel in use for the contributions: those of you who are going to participate in the Dublin Event next week may pay their contribution in cash at the reception desk. There will be a list to sign and for all the necessary details. We would prefer payments in eur, but other convertible currencies will be OK, too.

We have had a promising start to our campaign! The first payments have arrived through PayPal and the banking system.

At the moment we cannot send individual email confirmations of the payments received (I am not at home and am getting ready for Ireland - first Galway, followed by Dublin).

If your payment was confirmed by PayPal and your bank, then there is no reason to worry, your contribution will definitely materialize at our end. Anyway I'll try to confirm everybody the payment by private email around August 15.

My email account ja(at)nebula.fi is now closed. The sudden activity on this passive account helped the service provider notice that the contract had expired, so they closed it down :)

I wanted to get rid of the old address because of the huge number of spam. The address had been online on my webpages since 1995, so you can imagine that I was included in every spam list in the world. I have a strong filter, so all about 350 spam emails that came daily to this address went to the junk folder. When emailing me, please click the email box under my avatar on the right. The current email is also posted at the bottom of the front page of www.leonardcohenfiles.com (as a picture).
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
B4real

Post by B4real »

Jarkko, now I know why I couldn't get an email though with my pledge. I tried quite a few times and my email server said you were listed on the Exploits Block List :shock:
I will send my contribution via Paypal in the next few days and when I figure out how to do it!
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
harald

Post by harald »

jarkko wrote: If your payment was confirmed by PayPal and your bank, then there is no reason to worry, your contribution will definitely materialize at our end. Anyway I'll try to confirm everybody the payment by private email around August 15.
I can only speak for myself, but I really don´t think it necessary, dear Jarkko, that you send confermations to each contributer. We know what we advised, find it on our bank accounts.
Can imagine, you have already enough work with the project.
Thanks and best
Harald
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Yes, I know that if you have your payment confirmed By PayPal or your bank (if you made a bank transfer), the amount will definitely materialize at our end. However, I've got a dozen emails from people who want to know if their money has been received. We have to sort the contributions anyway to see if we've got all the information we need (for the list to be given to Leonard and printed in the photo book), so sending an email with standard text while making notes of each payment does not take much energy. This will happen mid-August, not before.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
questorx

Post by questorx »

Contribution sent by PayPal.
HeidiSchwarz

Post by HeidiSchwarz »

I'm a new member of the forum and have been following the discussion about the birthday present for Leonard for some time. I think, to collect money for a bench on Hydra is a billiant idea. The design of the bench, the site where it will be built and the view are wonderful.
It's a great pleasure for me to contribute to this project and I'm going to send the money today via Paypal.

Thank you to all of you who have been working on the project.

Greetings from Germany,
Heidi
2013 Mannheim, Pula, Rotterdam
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Harald wrote:
Was wondering how contributions Bench could be seperated from contributions Dublin Event, so added the reference Hydra Bench.
That could not be easier! The Event fee is 145 eur, or 290 eur for two, no other amounts for the event. So any other payments will be contributions to the bench. The Event is also so close that there will not be many new fees paid to the bank account - and last-minute Event participants can also pay at the registration desk!
Sophia

Post by Sophia »

Our Hydra bench project was mentioned in an article about Hydra, Leonard Cohen and his son Adam in big Greek newspaper "Ta Nea"(22/7/14):
(Click to enlarge)
nea-page-001.jpg
http://www.tanea.gr/news/culture/articl ... -yioy-toy/

Sophia
tikied

Post by tikied »

Jarkko -- I have not contributed yet. Has use of a crowd-funding website such as Pledgemusic.com been ruled out? It could simply the collection of funds, update donors on progress toward the goal amount, and encourage contributions from people who are not members of the forum.
Elvira

Post by Elvira »

Sent contribution yesterday. So delighted to be involved in this great project. Hope to sit on "the bench" One day......

Greetings from France.
harald

Post by harald »

tikied wrote:Jarkko -- I have not contributed yet. Has use of a crowd-funding website such as Pledgemusic.com been ruled out? It could simply the collection of funds, update donors on progress toward the goal amount, and encourage contributions from people who are not members of the forum.
Actually, I would very much love it, if we were able to make the bench a project of forum members only, the gift of our community.
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Harald, you answered your own question! :razz:
(several websites dedicated to LC's work have joined the project, too: Heck, Cohenights, Facebook pages and of course Marie's and my sites, but all those are read by active LC fans, most of them being Forum members, too)
Jeremy

Leonard 80 years: Fund Raising for our Hydra Bench

Post by Jeremy »

Terrific plan, terrific looking bench. And a unique oportunity for us all to say our thanks to Mr C for all the pleasure he's given us, and will continue to give.
Manchester Opera House 2008 - Edinburgh Castle 2008 - Albert Hall 2008 - Manchester MEN 2008 - Liverpool Echo Arena 2009 - Florence 2010 - Manchester Arena 2013
hazey

Post by hazey »

Contribution sent on Tuesday.

Happy that this remains a project of forum members and LC sites.
1988 : Madrid / 2008 : London O2 Jul 17 / 2009: Madrid, Bilbao / 2010: Lisboa, Tours / 2012: Paris 2x, Madrid, Lisboa / 2013: Paris, Roma, Brighton
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

As i'm sure for all of us , i know some leonard Cohen fans who are not forum members and all seem interested to learn
about this project .
As far as i know at least one has made a small contribution via paypal.
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013

Return to “Leonard Cohen 80 years on September 21, 2014”