How to celebrate Leonard's 80th birthday

A section for our Birthday Campaign. tributes around the world and your birthday greetings
shooting_star_88

Re: How to celebrate Leonard's 80th birthday

Post by shooting_star_88 »

jarkko wrote:Thi

- And one BIG open question is: how much the bench will cost!! We have not yet any estimate of the costs. We can take the next step only after we have got the price and found it to be within our resources. It’s really difficult to make a realistic appraisal of the amount we would be able to collect.

More information will be posted when available!

& no problem with this :)

We will be able to come up with the money once we have the costs, etc. :D
with the Sublime Sisters of Mercy
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

The design and location look amazing
Personally would be a pleasure and privilege to make a reasonable monetary contribution to the project. ;-)
Last edited by cohenadmirer on Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Dem

Post by Dem »

Just a quick note from Hydra to tell you that
the place we have chosen is even better than the photos can show.
Once the bench is there you all should experience Hydra :)

Dem and Kerstin
Athens 2008, Prague 2009, Paris 2012
Cate

Post by Cate »

The location and idea for the bench both look wonderful. Fingers crossed for a smooth approval.

I like the crowd sourcing idea. It would allow each person to contribute what is comfortable for them and would also allow for folks to put in a 'little top up', if funds appeared to be a little short towards the end.
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

What a fantastic idea. Looks gorgeous. Will be happy to contribute in any way possible.
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
chrissie01

Post by chrissie01 »

I feel really emotionaL about this wonderful way to mark Leonard's birthday, and very grateful to all who are closely involved in making this a reality.
I'm sure lots of us are looking forward to all the photos that are going to follow!! It would be lovely to think that Leonard might actually visit it. x
And you want to travel with him
And you want to travel blind
And you think maybe you'll trust him
For he's touched your perfect body with his mind
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I would love to contribute to the fund to finance this exciting project. Something like we did for the Chelsea Hotel plaque 5 years ago.....
" ........... if one can describe as serious the confused comedy of our lives". Graham Greene, "The Comedians".
THE SAGE

Post by THE SAGE »

Jack Vettriano the Scottish artist is a big fan of Leonards and has in the past named paintings after Leonards songs.He is a down to earth guy and if contacted via Heartbreak Gallery London the result might be surprising.
IrishAL

Post by IrishAL »

I really like the preferred location and the overall design concept by Jargos. It seems more real and attainable now. Well done to all for their inputs so far. It seems to be coming together and I look forward to seeing the project unfold.
2008: Dublin x2 London Helsinki London RAH M'chester
2009:
New York Weybridge Dublin x2 Belfast Lisbon Bratislava, B'celona Chicago L' Vegas, San Jose
2010: Zagreb Sligo x2 Berlin Gent x2 Florence Marseille Katowice Bratislava L' Vegasx2
2012 Gent x2 Amsterdam X2 Dublin x4 Verona Paris x2,Boston
2013NewYork,Brussels,Prague,Vienna,Zurich,Manchester,Birmingham,Dublinx2,London,Rotterdam,Amsterdam
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES »

Dem wrote:Just a quick note from Hydra to tell you that
the place we have chosen is even better than the photos can show.
Once the bench is there you all should experience Hydra :)

Dem and Kerstin

Just back from Hydra.
As Dem says, far better than on pictures!!!
Hope we'll meet all in Hydra next June sitting on the bench overlooking the unique sunset!
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
KimGorsuch

Post by KimGorsuch »

Hello Everyone -

Would any of you like to contribute a letter or essay to a book called "Here it Is?" The book is designed to collect letters from fans talking about why LC's music means so much to them, and what they love about the man himself. We will collect the stories through mid-July, and present the top 50 or so in the format of an art quality book. Weeva will present the book to him on behalf of fans. We'd love for any and all to participate.

If you want to join in, here is the URL. http://weeva.co/accept_invitation?join= ... c19f6b1c97

We are trying to keep this a 'surprise' (even though we are posting on a public site.)

Full disclosure - I'm a huge Cohen fan AND the founder of Weeva. Using Weeva for this purpose is for me a way of giving back and saying thank you to a master storyteller.
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Beautiful Idea for Leonards birthday.
Would be happy to contribute.
Build the bench and I will definitely visit Hydra at last :)
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

Hehe, 'build it and they will come'... ;-)
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
shooting_star_88

Post by shooting_star_88 »

Yes, already making plans for a visit :)
with the Sublime Sisters of Mercy
KimGorsuch

Post by KimGorsuch »

Hi Jarkko... it would be really easy to start a kickstarter campaign for this. you can get pre-commitments.

Return to “Leonard Cohen 80 years on September 21, 2014”