Upcoming Leonard Cohen Live DVD

This section is dedicated to the new studio album and the Dublin concert video
Vicomte

Re: Upcoming Leonard Cohen Live DVD

Post by Vicomte »

Oh yes please, let's have lots of screaming, yelling and off key singing thrown in. Goodness I wouldn't buy any DVD that didn't have Leonard's voice cancelled out by awful warbling along from too many in the crowd.

Which raises the point, if people don't want all that on a DVD, why do some of them choose to singalongaleonard at a concert? For those who are not au fait with a person called Max Bygraves, this will go over your head.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
susanne30072009

Post by susanne30072009 »

James T wrote:Doesn't matter which show they pick for the dvd, you're not gonna have to see and hear people carrying on in the audience. The mix would come from a soundboard probably and they will only bring in the crowd noise as and when they want to. The vision mixer will only go to the crowd occasionally and in-between songs also. The atmosphere on the dvd will not be the atmosphere from the crowd/show, it will be what the director of the dvd wants it to be. As it is a Leonard concert, it will also be fantastic regardless. You should be more concerned about the cameras and image quality, the previous DVDs lacked a bit there for me.
I totally agree with you... it isn't in our hands, and in a way, that's for good....

To Vicomte: I am actually are still an Elvis Fan too.... and if you like, I can give you the CDs (about 1200) and the DVDs (Super 8 before).... and it is simply a fact of ignorance to compare the Elvis-Audience with the LC-Concerts... But as far as I can see, this discussion is hopeless at this point, so let's stop it right here....

I just want a live-DVD/CD, and they will choose right, I hope (again, my favorite would be a collection of all the Songs he was singing in 2013 in the very best quality, and please with the Soundcheck-Songs, that he wasn't singing at any Concert....)

BUT: again, it isn't up to us...
Just bring it on the market, this is the most important thing...

Uwe, Switzerland
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

susanne30072009 wrote:for good....

To Vicomte: I am actually are still an Elvis Fan too.... and if you like, I can give you the CDs (about 1200) and the DVDs (Super 8 before).... and it is simply a fact of ignorance to compare the Elvis-Audience with the LC-Concerts... But as far as I can see, this discussion is hopeless at this point, so let's stop it right here....

Uwe, Switzerland
Uwe, you simply have not understood what I was saying. As I said before, it is basically a language problem but there you go, still no doubt you write and speak better *French Swiss/German Swiss/Italian Swiss/Romansh Swiss than I do.

* Cross off whichever one does not apply.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
Neil from The Young Ones
susanne30072009

Vicomte wrote:
susanne30072009 wrote:for good....

Uwe, you simply have not understood what I was saying. As I said before, it is basically a language problem but there you go, still no doubt you write and speak better *French Swiss/German Swiss/Italian Swiss/Romansh Swiss than I do.

* Cross off whichever one does not apply.
Oh, I'm so sorry, I don't understand, what you mean...
But I'm sure, I'm getting you wrong again...
Sorry, but this is just pointless.

I just want that live-DVD or CD as many others...
I will buy it and hope, that the new Arrangements from the last Tour will be to see and hear.
That what's count for me.

You can do whatever you like. I'm sure and I have no doubt that you write and speak any language better then me.
But: that's really not important for me...
For me, the Songs from Leonard Cohen, the Concerts, the Friends from the Forum etc.: that's what is imprtant for me.
If I don't understand you: I can life with that.

More important for me is: I really like to have a new DVD/CD.
So that's it for me.

Uwe
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Neil from The Young Ones
regensburg

Post by regensburg »

Well, you have the last word again Mr. Vicomte
its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning »

Oh Regensburg, now he will be forced to post another last word.
2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes »

I would like you to know that that last word was only the second-last word!
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
"You held on to me like I was a crucifix, as we went kneeling through the dark"
susanne30072009

jdhayes wrote:I would like you to know that that last word was only the second-last word!
...right...

No no, I think it's pointless...
I just like to hear the News, that this new Live-DVD will be released...
That's all I like to say...

Uwe
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes »

Any update on the DVD?
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
"You held on to me like I was a crucifix, as we went kneeling through the dark"
flingwing

Post by flingwing »

Jarkko, any word on the new live dvd?.....I'm positively STARVING for it!!!
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

flingwing wrote:Jarkko, any word on the new live dvd?.....I'm positively STARVING for it!!!
i am sure we will be given plenty of advance notice of a dvd (and new cd)- feels like we will need lots of patience :cry:
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

The live concert video will be coming this year. BluRay and DVD, both in 96k 24bit audio! So not so much patience needed....
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
mutti

Post by mutti »

Thank you for the update Jarkko! very exciting news…
Leslie 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
astranger

Post by astranger »

Exciting!! It's hard not to be over eager, but will there be an accompanying audio CD?
Jake.........Durham, NC 11-3-09; Brooklyn, NY 12-20-12

Return to “2014 releases: Popular Problems & Live in Dublin”