Anjani's May 2014 album has three songs co-written with LC

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Born With The Gift Of A G

Anjani's May 2014 album has three songs co-written with LC

Post by Born With The Gift Of A G »

Apologies if this impending release has already been discussed elsewhere on the LC Files:

http://anjani-music.com/music/
"Little lady.....I AM Kris Kristofferson....."
London: 10 & 11 May 1993; Manchester: 17, 18, 19 & 20 June 2008; Vienna: 25 September 2008; London: 17 November 2008; Paris: 26 November 2008; Manchester: 30 November 2008; Liverpool: 14 July 2009; Paris: 28 September 2012; Manchester: 31 August 2013; Leeds: 7 September 2013.
shooting_star_88

Re: Anjani's May 2014 album has three songs co-written with

Post by shooting_star_88 »

Looks Good :)
with the Sublime Sisters of Mercy
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

It's great news that this album so long in the making has finally come to fruition.
Anjani learned from Leonard in many ways ;-) 8)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
regensburg

Post by regensburg »

Are you kidding?
icecreamtruck

Post by icecreamtruck »

regensburg wrote:Are you kidding?
What is this "are you kidding" all about?
regensburg

Post by regensburg »

You can look at the comment from Lizzytish. Have you heard any Album from Anjani? She has no talent at all. Especially this new one, I would never ever buy. True, Leonard helped her with the writing etc. the rest you can judge by yourself. This is my opinion.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

regensburg wrote:Have you heard any Album from Anjani? She has no talent at all.
That is an outrageous comment regensburg. You're perfectly entitled not to like Anjani's work but to dismiss her as talentless is out of order. I haven't heard anything from the new album yet but I was very impressed with Blue Alert and, yes, I would have bought it even if she had never heard of Leonard Cohen. We don't all follow blindly just because something is connected to Leonard.

Wendy
regensburg

Post by regensburg »

You need to listen to the new al um The 3 songs, maybe you change your mind.
peter danielsen

Post by peter danielsen »

I believe Blue alert is such a wonderful record. Leonard Cohen with a female voice. The only thing i really cant understand is why she chose af keyboard bass on a number like No one after you. Same with Leonard Cohen insisting on using synthsounds and bad ones too
...I ..... .... ....... made . ..... ...... by ....... music .. ..... .. ......
regensburg

Post by regensburg »

Thank you Petrr.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Anjani's incredible vocals and sense of unique melody are highlighted in Blue Alert... from one song to the next, each different and equally memorable, puts her solidly in the very talented realm. She also did an amazing job of pulling from Leonard's notebooks to create songs using his 'lyrics' and at lightning fast speed comparatively.
~ Oscar Wilde
regensburg

Post by regensburg »

Of course the lyrics from Leonard's notebook are fine, it is her singing and the whole piano arrangements do not agree with me. The melodies of these 3 songs you can listen to bore me to death. P
amarantia

Post by amarantia »

regensburg wrote:Of course the lyrics from Leonard's notebook are fine, it is her singing and the whole piano arrangements do not agree with me. The melodies of these 3 songs you can listen to bore me to death. P
I agree, it's terribly boring.
I miss some spice in her performance.It irritates my ears. Sorry.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

"Of course the lyrics from Leonard's notebook are fine, it is her singing and the whole piano arrangements do not agree with me. The melodies of these 3 songs you can listen to bore me to death. P"

This perspective is more fairly expressed as "Blue Alert [or even "Anjani's work"] is not to my taste" vs. "She has no talent at all," with the last inaccurately putting you in the position of final arbiter of what constitutes talent. I'm curious how many times you listened to Blue Alert from beginning to end. Meditation isn't terribly spicy and, for me, the album is very meditative. If you'll allow it, it slows you down and places you in a very meditative, heart healthy space. At first glance, it could easily be misconstrued as boring... or may actually be for some; yet, I encourage you to listen fully a number of times through before passing judgement. I loved how the songs passed seamlessly from one to the next and how at the end of any one song, I came to know and positively anticipate the beginning of the next. It's not an album that may not grab you right off, but listening alone in the dark is very soothing for many, with my being one of those.
~ Oscar Wilde
regensburg

Post by regensburg »

I am glad you like it Lizzy, everybody has a different ear for music. We can close this conversation about her.

Return to “News”