Happy Birthday Leonard!!

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
missjackie

Re: Happy Birthday Leonard!!

Post by missjackie »

Hello Leonard,

I wanna wish you a very happy birthday surround by the ones you love. I hope that we'll meet again next year,the concert in Ahoy was amazing. Keep in shape and all the best for you.

Jacqueline
flingwing

Post by flingwing »

Dear dear Leonard

Wishing you a wonderful day on your birthday on Saturday. I will be thinking of you then and hoping very much that the lucky people in the audience in Amsterdam sing a most rousing "happy birthday" to you and carry you along on a wave of love!
I have been truly blessed to have joined with you "in the spirit of song" on eight occasions in the past four years and please god I will have the opportunity to do so again in the future.
Please take good care of yourself Leonard and may you be showered with every blessing possible. You are a most wonderful human being.
I send you my warmest good wishes and affection. Take care my Friend.
Mrs Mac

Post by Mrs Mac »

Dearest Leonard for all the joy you bring me and have brought me for many years, I wish you much happiness on your special day. Have a good one - birthday love from bonnie Scotland - Carole xxx
chrissie01

Post by chrissie01 »

[attachment=0]Greece Sept 2012 353_2.JPG[/attachment

Sincerely wishing you a birthday full of love on Saturday, Leonard! Many of us will be marking that day too!!..It may involve a glass or two of wine at the very least.
Your poetry and music has absolutely changed my life in the last 4 years, since I met you unexpectedly in the hotel lobby at Weybridge. Your life's work has led me on the most beautiful journey of discovery, as you see from this photo!

Before every concert, happy people arrive from all over the place, to enjoy each other's company and recharge! They share with those who cannot be there. This is a wonderful energiser for us, and hopefully, for you too.
Please don't stop!! You look so happy on stage, and I love the way your songs come straight from the heart. I was at the Brighton concert one lovely summer's day in August. I believe my friend Aymi noticed you and Javier at Costa Coffee, and came to welcome you to our home town!
It was so good to have you here again. We are having a ball...we hope you are too!
Much love, Chrissie xxx
Attachments
Greece Sept 2012 353_2.JPG
And you want to travel with him
And you want to travel blind
And you think maybe you'll trust him
For he's touched your perfect body with his mind
PanCogito

Post by PanCogito »

Happy Birthday Leonard!!
Attachments
1HappyBirtdayLeonard.jpg
kind regards -דרישת שלום
roman - pan cogito- מר קוגיטו
העובדה שאני שותק לא אומרת שאין לי מה להגיד - The fact that I am being silent doesn't mean that I have nothing to say
|1985Wroclaw|1988Stuttgart|2008Montreal|2009 New York RC| MSG|Red Rocks |Las Vegas |2012Aalborg| Denver|Chicago|2013Milwaukee
Ria Bellen

Post by Ria Bellen »

Happy Birthday Leonard !!! Thank you so much for everything !!!
milada

Post by milada »

Wishing you a very happy birthday, dear Maestro ! Long life for you, sound health, bright days and smile on your face always for you ! Your songs and poetry are a steady pillars of my life - that lasts for years already and that will last for ever .. I know that for sure. It lightens my dark days and amplifies my smooth moments ... and I thank you so much for that ... Best wishes ... Milada
zodkavombie

Post by zodkavombie »

Monsieur Cohen
Wishing you a very happy birthday and hope that the monkey I brought to the O2 on Sunday was given to you!! :D
Victorine
O2, 17th July and 13th November 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009, Barecelona 21 September 2009, Lille 25 September 2010, Las Vegas 10th and 11th December 2010, Wembley 9th September 2012, Paris 29th September 2012, O2 London 21st June, 15th September 2013.
Joan

Post by Joan »

May flowers always line your path
And sunshine light your day
May songbirds serenade you
Every step along the way
May a rainbow run beside you
In a sky that's always blue
And may happiness fill your heart
Each day your whole life through

May the dreams you hold dearest
Be those which come true
May the kindness you spread,
Keep returning to you.

Happy Birthday Leonard - your words and your music have enriched my life more than you'll ever know.
Lots of love, Joan.
hazelb

Post by hazelb »

Many, many happy returns, dear Leonard.May you enjoy good health and many blessings. Wish I could be in Amsterdam tonight but thank you for six wonderful evenings this summer. Hope for many more in the future. Much love, Hazel.
holydove

Post by holydove »

Dear Leonard,

I thank you for being born & for everything you have ever said or done.
I thank the universe for you & for everything you have ever said or done.
I thank your ancestors for you & for everything you have ever said or done.
I thank your parents for you & for everything you have ever said or done.
I thank everything & everyone you have ever touched, or ever will touch, for everything you have ever said or done.

May you live long & prosper, & may all your days be filled with music & love, & may all your wishes be fulfilled.

Happy Happy Birthday, dear Leonard Cohen.
rike

Post by rike »

Dear Leonard Cohen,

Lots of good wishes for your birthday and many more to come -- a long life filled with blessings!
As for presents, may there be those you long for as you continue to give us the gift of your work.

Respectfully,
Rike
"...A manual for living with defeat..."
Kiwi56

Post by Kiwi56 »

Happy, Happy Birthday, dear Leonard
and many happy returns!
May your life be filled with love, joy, happiness and of course music !

Karin
2008 Lörrach,Oberhausen,2009 Dublin, 2010 Stuttgart, 2012Verona
KatLaw

Post by KatLaw »

Dear Leonard,
Happy birthday! I hope this past year has been heartwarming for you since you have made it an amazing year for your friends. Thanks for blessing us with your wondrous talents. You stir emotions that lift the heart and mind. There is a sweet, sweet spirit among the people who gather from all over the world to fellowship with you. My daughter once told me, “True empathy in its purest form, music allows one to feel the essence of another’s consciousness.” This made me immediately think of you. May God bless you with many more happy birthdays.
Love and safe travels,
Kat
2012: Austin, Denver, Boston
2013: Atlanta, Memphis, New Orleans
mydoglorca

Post by mydoglorca »

Thank you for the music over the last 45 years. For the concerts & friendships made.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU LEONARD
1976 Bristol 1979 Birmingham 1988 RAH x 2, 1993 RAH x 2 & Madrid, 2008 Edinburgh, London O2, Cardiff, Bournemouth, RAH 17 Nov, Birmingham, Manchester 30 Nov, 2009 Weybridge, Liverpool, Dublin 19 & 20th,2010 September -Marseille, Tours, Lille, 2012 12 & 14 Aug Ghent,Wembley x22013 O2, Antwerp, Bournemouth, Manchester

Return to “News”