URGENT: LONDON AND LEEDS RE-SCHEDULED

A new, growing section for more exciting news
Zimmy66

Re: URGENT: LONDON AND LEEDS RE-SCHEDULED

Post by Zimmy66 »

ScottM wrote:For anyone who is concerned about getting a refund from AXS.com. My experience was quite straight forward.

Due to the change of date for the London concert we, reluctantly, asked for a refund via the supplied e-mail address:

supportuk@axs.com

I requested and received confirmation of tickets cancellation, with full reimbursement of all costs, in just over an hour of my request being submitted by e-mail to AXS.com.

I do feel really sorry for those who had already made non-refundable travel and accommodation commitments. We were lucky, as, unusually, we had not, yet, booked accommodation to coincide.

Disappointing to miss this one, however we will probably try for tickets for Leeds, as the concert is on a Saturday now. Although it will entail additional travel arrangements and hotel costs, it will not require taking any time off from work.
Actually, quite looking forward to a concert in Leeds! Hope to see some of you there, if we make it.
Like you Scott, can't speak highly enough about AXS. After making the heart breaking decision to apply for a refund (impossible to rearrange work commitments), the cash was back in my account within 24 hours. (including all fees).

Also like you now contemplating Leeds, but "good" tickets seem scarce now. More's the pity.

Robert
To live outside the law you must be honest
James-on-tour

Post by James-on-tour »

I have had as much to say about the re-scheduled gigs as anybody and I will
admit that I did not foresee the turn of events from Leonard and his management.

I was surprised to read about this on the forum and I also received an email about this.
I never has a sense of entitlement and it was never my intention to 'take action'.
The main irritation for me was that this happened for the second consecutive year
and thousands of people were inconvenienced. I am not perfect and I have made more
mistakes than I care to admit but additional care needs to be taken in a cases like this.

I was once at a gig where the artist had to leave the stage after less than an hour due to
illness ... and I have travelled to sporting events which were called off due to weather conditions
..... what could anyone say but this could have been avoided.

I managed to change the return leg of my trip for a fee, while changing my hotel booking
and additional night in London will mean additional cost but it is not about this.

I cannot imagine any other artist making this gesture and whether anyone takes them up
on it or not (Ref Paul), it has to be appreciated by all concerned.

Without wishing to cause offence to anyone, my thoughts concerning religion remain
unchanged, but I would never presume to tell anyone what they should or should not believe.

My new plans for the Saturday are well advanced at this stage an I intend to have a great weekend
in London. Time heals all ... I will be in the O2 on Sunday and no doubt I will enjoy the show as much
as any of the others.

Thanks for the generous gesture Leonard and I look forward to my next L.C. concert (Zurich).
You are a gentleman on stage and also in real life.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Thank you to all who submitted the financial losses they incurred as a result of the rescheduling of the Leeds and London concerts. We also appreciate the stories from those affected as well as the kind words of understanding and support. It would seem everyone has said what they needed to say, so we are closing this project and submitting to Leonard's management the final list of amounts and names of those who requested reimbursement, and names of those who thanked for Leonard's kind gesture but refused the compensation.

Thanks to all who participated. We look forward to reading the reports of those who will be attending the rescheduled dates in London and Leeds.

Marie & Jarkko
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

My husband has just received his presale ticket for the London show on 15 September. Cosmetically, it is a vast improvement on the boring tickets with faded printing that we got for the June show at the O2, with a picture of Leonard to the left and the 2013 tour logo printed at the top. It even looks as if they remembered to change the toner before they did the print run this time round!

Hopefully my ticket will arrive tomorrow though you never quite now with these things!

Wendy
jackiet

Post by jackiet »

Mine arrived too!! Have to agree with you, much better than the tickets for June, or the boring Lucca tickets - so looking forward to seeing Leonard again.
mike.barker58

Post by mike.barker58 »

Anyone received their pre-sale Leeds tickets yet?

Mike
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I have all my tickets apart from Leeds and Birmingham (Sept 7 & 8 respectively). I imagine the tickets for these shows will be sent out next week.

Wendy
mike.barker58

Post by mike.barker58 »

Mabeanie1 wrote:I have all my tickets apart from Leeds and Birmingham (Sept 7 & 8 respectively). I imagine the tickets for these shows will be sent out next week.

Wendy
Thanks Wendy - I'll wait for the post .....

Mike
mike.barker58

Post by mike.barker58 »

.... the tickets have arrived Block C, Row A, seats 11 and 12 .... looking forward to it and hoping that Anyhow reappears in the set list ....
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

mike.barker58 wrote:.... the tickets have arrived Block C, Row A, seats 11 and 12 .... looking forward to it and hoping that Anyhow reappears in the set list ....
Lucky lucky you - centre front I believe?

Wendy

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”