CONCERTS IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND

The last leg of the Old Ideas tour in November and December 2013
Junk

Re: CONCERTS IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND

Post by Junk »

Presales to Melbourne and Adelaide seemed to go like clockwork.
Thanks Jarkko and Marie! :D
lindyasimus

Post by lindyasimus »

Many thanks Jarrko
Happy to have seats for Sydney - still to book for Hunter Valley but expect I will see quite a few faces there I know.
Hopefully some from the Forum too will be able to meet?

Would be great if there is a Sydney meetup.

Lindy
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

Greg and me just managed to get second row, centre section seats for Perth, GREAT – and it went REALLY smoothly, too (although I WAS nervous beforehand - speak of getting too old for all this! ;-) )!! Thank you, Jarkko, Marie and all you other people involved for making this possible!

I also thought I’d re-post a Forum link to Greg’s review of the first concert Leonard gave in Perth on his extended tour, i.e. the 2009 one at the Sandalford winery, just to get people in the mood again, as it were. Back then, Greg of course thought that Cohen “will not pass this way again”. Well, little did Greg, little did we all now! And mind you, for someone like Greg who has seen almost everyone in concert – you name them, apart from Elvis, to his eternal regret! – saying “the best concert I have ever seen in my life”, is quite something. And I think he will still happily agree with that statement, more than four years later.
And by the way, the German he mentions in this text is not me – but my friendship with Greg, which later turned into love and into me moving over to Perth permanently in less than four weeks’ time, really has had its origin in me reading his review back then, in that I remember it vividly as the first time I became aware of him. So that we will go to see Leonard together in November now – and in fantastic seats at an apparently great venue like the Perth Arena, not like the dreadful NIB stadium where we went to attend Leonard’s second Perth performance with a group of friends in November 2010 -, really is extra-, extra-special.
So, anyway, here is the link to that review once more!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=13427&p=153064#p153188
Last edited by Womanfromaroom on Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
oblivion

Post by oblivion »

ann-christin,
i´m very happy for you!!it sounds great!! what a nice love story!
i would love to go so far for beauty, but i can´t make it this time :(
no free days left...and my financial minister says :nonono
in my memory are so many great places connected with leonard...
and there are still some to go :D
hugs from germany ute
frankfurt+munic 1976; nuremberg 1988; lörrach, berlin, frankfurt+london 2008;
new york, cologne, venice, istanbul, prague + barcelona 2009
sligo, berlin, ghent, wiesbaden, strasbourg, marseille, hannover, dortmund, warsaw, las vegas 2010
ghent, helsinki, berlin, dublin, verona, paris...2012
oberhausen, mannheim, bruxelles, lucca, hamburg, odense, amsterdam...2013
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

Aaw, thanks, Ute! We will certainly keep you updated though!
frankandme

Post by frankandme »

Womanfromaroom wrote:Greg and me just managed to get second row, centre section seats for Perth, GREAT – and it went REALLY smoothly, too (although I WAS nervous beforehand - speak of getting too old for all this! ;-) )!! Thank you, Jarkko, Marie and all you other people involved for making this possible!

I also thought I’d re-post a Forum link to Greg’s review of the first concert Leonard gave in Perth on his extended tour, i.e. the 2009 one at the Sandalford winery, just to get people in the mood again, as it were. Back then, Greg of course thought that Cohen “will not pass this way again”. Well, little did Greg, little did we all now! And mind you, for someone like Greg who has seen almost everyone in concert – you name them, apart from Elvis, to his eternal regret! – saying “the best concert I have ever seen in my life”, is quite something. And I think he will still happily agree with that statement, more than four years later.
And by the way, the German he mentions in this text is not me – but my friendship with Greg, which later turned into love and into me moving over to Perth permanently in less than four weeks’ time, really has had its origin in me reading his review back then, in that I remember it vividly as the first time I became aware of him. So that we will go to see Leonard together in November now – and in fantastic seats at an apparently great venue like the Perth Arena, not like the dreadful NIB stadium where we went to attend Leonard’s second Perth performance with a group of friends in November 2010 -, really is extra-, extra-special.
So, anyway, here is the link to that review once more!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=13427&p=153064#p153188
Discovering and loving your love story Ann-Christin! Seems like very special times are lying ahead for both of you!

Happy for you :D
B4real

Post by B4real »

joyezekiel wrote:
B4real wrote:hahah! Thank you Joy, for your vote of confidence :)
I've been there so many times.... thinking of a thousand reasons why I can't do it.... but this is Leonard and all is possible!

Dying to hear how you get on in the presales!

Joy
Mollydog wrote:Good luck, Bev! You've waited patiently for this moment, so Keep Calm and Cohen On! :D

Mary
Thank you both for your inspirational words! If you go and look at the Presales thread you will see that they have worked perfectly :D
(I thought I'd better not post a link under the circumstances)

and Joy, it's good to see you have a perfect seat in Auckland NZ!

Ann,
I've always loved yours and Greg's story. It's a shame that I can't make it to Perth.
I know you will have a wonderful time starting the the tour off in OZ instead of finishing it!
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

frankandme wrote:
Discovering and loving your love story Ann-Christin! Seems like very special times are lying ahead for both of you!

Happy for you :D
Thank you for your kind words, frankandme! Yes, I agree with you in every respect - VERY special times for us, or rather, for all of us being able to attend the new Oz / NZ concerts; and thanks to Jarkko and everyone else involved, I think the first rows of every venue will be filled with happy Forum members, too! Fantastic!

And thank you too, B4Real, of course!!
Last edited by Womanfromaroom on Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Annette60

Post by Annette60 »

Thankyou so much for letting me join the fan club.
I only discovered Leonard Cohen after hearing people talk of his last concert in NZ, listened fell in love, bought every cd
and dvd and am now a huge fan, I never thought I'd ever get the chance to see him live, can't believe I am now the proud owner
of 2 tickets to the Wellington show, one very happy camper here. :D
Greg Ross

Post by Greg Ross »

Salutations people

I've just dug this up out of the archives - I put it together after the 2010 Perth concert, using photos I took during the concert, maybe it will help build the anticipation a fraction, in anticipation of when The Man and the band hit the stage down under the Southern Cross. It would have been lovely to see him in my home town of Auckland, with Ann, my boyhood mate Colin and much loved cousin Hope, but Ann and I will be in Germany by then.

http://youtu.be/E65UhyckQ5Q
All Good Things
Greg

http://www.gregross.com.au/
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Womanfromaroom wrote:I also thought I’d re-post a Forum link to Greg’s review of the first concert Leonard gave in Perth on his extended tour, i.e. the 2009 one at the Sandalford winery, just to get people in the mood again, as it were. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=13427&p=153064#p153188
Ann and Greg,

I am very ashamed and to also apologize for the fact that I never thanked Greg for that glorious review. So here I am now, after reading it again, to say, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! And, thank you Ann for resurrecting this post. It makes me very tempted to travel to Australia/NZ for any of these concerts, but......

Affectionate regards to you both,
Mary and George
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
davewellington

Post by davewellington »

First post, maybe only post, just want to say thank you for posting the presale password, I got tickets in the 2nd row with my wife for the Wellington show and am very excited to see Leonard! Cheers
royroy

Post by royroy »

Please help.... I cant find the link to the prs-sale tickets...what page is the link on?
Annette60

Post by Annette60 »

davewellington wrote:First post, maybe only post, just want to say thank you for posting the presale password, I got tickets in the 2nd row with my wife for the Wellington show and am very excited to see Leonard! Cheers
Dave you might be next to us, we are in row B too.
B4real

Post by B4real »

Joy's post from the pre-sale thread answered here -
joyezekiel wrote:Congratulations, Bev..... I'm quite in awe of your bravery. As they say here in Texas, you're gonna have a blast!

Joy
Oh Joy,
I never said that I was brave, hahaha!! I’ve haven’t done anything like this before and I have a fear of flying. I figured that it was about time I did something about both things! I’m using Leonard as the catalyst! I think it also might be the last time he comes to Australia. He could do another small tour to maybe promote his new album in a couple of years, but I don’t think he will be doing any extensive touring. So I’m trying to make the most of it while I can.

Speaking of Texas, did you know that here in Queensland we have a small country town called Texas? And there’s a saying, “bigger than Texas”, well Queensland is!
If fact, our largest state of Western Australia is over three and a half times larger than the state of Texas USA. I'm using that fact only as a comparision of size ;-)

Also here’s a comparison of Australia to Europe. Now you all can see how vast it actually is and how long it takes to get around this largest of islands.

Just for one concert I will be travelling the equivalent from St Petersburg Russia to Rome Italy. There’s a lot of European countries in between.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!

Return to “TOUR 2013 IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND”