LUCCA, ITALY (July 9, 2013) NOW ON SALE

A new, growing section for more exciting news
majmunka

Re: LUCCA, ITALY (July 9, 2013) NOW ON SALE

Post by majmunka »

MarthaG wrote:Maybe there will be a meetup in any Case- we will stay in the hotel Universo, too :D
Me too :D
YuriG

Post by YuriG »

Hello everyone,
we definitely will host as many cohenites as possible at the LuccaLibri event (9 July 2013).

Although the presentation will be mainly in Italian, I do happen to speak English and if many friends from abroad should show up I shall only be too glad to switch from one language to the other.

the way we plan to do it is as follows. First, I shall be helped by a local musicologist, Professor Renzo Cresti. We will be talking about the Italian edition of Sylvie Simmons' biography: "I'm Your Man - Vita di Leonard Cohen", with questions and contributions from the public only too welcome. We shall be also reading a few Cohen poems (in both languages I would imagine) and play some landmark songs, both studio and live, to illustrate Leonard's path as an artist. The event will start at 5 pm, a few hours before Leonard's show, just to make sure you get in the right mood! :)

All information about the event will be posted both on our new LC Italian website (http://www.leonardcohen.it, contributors welcome!) and our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/Leonardcohen.it.

If you wish to contact us for suggestions or information, you can do it through the LC Italian site (info@... also OK).

Another presentation should be staged in Marsala, in Sicily, on July 26 - again with a local musician or musicologist. Will keep you posted.

Bye for now,

Yuri Garrett
(who spent most of this year working on "I'm Your Man" and can't stop) :)
YuriG

Post by YuriG »

brunatag wrote:Quante probabilitá di avere una sua firma sul libro?

No chance to have the book signed by HIM?

Minime, minime. Vicine allo zero. Ma sperare non costa troppo se si è già pronti alla delusione. Noi magari qualche emissario in missione lo mandiamo... :)

Yuri
birminghamfan

Post by birminghamfan »

I am travelling alone from the UK to Rome and Lucca - really looking forward to seeing Leonard again after a glorious show in London ! The LuccaLibri event sounds fascinating - who wants to meet up for a drink and / or food either before or after ? Would be great to meet with some local Cohenites Any suggestion for a place to meet would be really appreciated ! Cheers Steve
MarthaG

Post by MarthaG »

I don't know if WE will make it to the LuccaLibri Event, but what about a litte Glass of Prosecco in the Bar of the Universo Hotel, just before the Concert?
I will spend the two days prior to the concert Sightseeing in Florence, so maybe I will just have a rest there ;-)
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

The Italian Facebook page says the starting time for the LuccaLibri event changed from 5 PM to 6 PM.
Jonnie Falafel

Post by Jonnie Falafel »

Tomorrow afternoon we will be picnicing on the walls of Lucca. (For those not familiar atop the wall is a giant park). Will clarify exact arrangements and re-post. Anyone is welcome. Come and meet us.
Jonnie Falafel

Post by Jonnie Falafel »

Meeting a few friends at the Porta Elisa at 17.00 and then going up to the walls for a picnic and prosecco and red wine before the concert. Fellow Cohenites are welcome to join us.
YuriG

Post by YuriG »

majmunka wrote:The Italian Facebook page says the starting time for the LuccaLibri event changed from 5 PM to 6 PM.
Indeed so. Unlike so many other occasions, however, we will try to start at 6 pm sharp. Apparently the event will be packed so there should be no point in waiting for latecomers! :)

And shortly thereafter, we shall all together enjoy Leonard's gig.

Until tomorrow, friends!

Yuri

=================

Confermo che la presentazione è stata spostata alle 18:00. Molto probabilmente, poiché sembra che ci siano molte prenotazioni, cominceremo in orario. Chi pensava di arrivare con il classico quarto d'ora accademico è avvisato!

A domani, Luccalibri (Via Garibaldi 54), ore 18.

E poi, buon concerto a tutti!

Yuri
rpan

Post by rpan »

Lady in box office said should be able to pick up tickets from 3,,or 3.30 tomorrow.

My hotel room overlooks the venue and tonight's very very loud act were belting it out till about 11.50 so no very early curfew here.
"We were broken then, but now we're borderline"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2009: Dublin - Lisbon - Barcelona - San Jose
2010: Sligo - Florence - Marseille - Lille - Las Vegas
2012: Wembley - Kilmainham - Paris - Montreal
2013: London O2 - Lucca - Dublin
confetti

Post by confetti »

rpan wrote:Lady in box office said should be able to pick up tickets from 3,,or 3.30 tomorrow.

My hotel room overlooks the venue and tonight's very very loud act were belting it out till about 11.50 so no very early curfew here.
You must be near me, rpan, our room also overlooks the venue, i got some great shots of Diana Krall on Saturday night. The band tonight were extremely loud, but great fun, I really enjoyed them.
So very excited to see Leonard tomorrow, really looking forward to the sound check.
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

rpan - if Leonard has to stop at 11:50 pm it will be a very short show indeed! Even Rome went on till 12:15 am and that was the shortest show of the year - so far.

Wendy
jackiet

Post by jackiet »

Do you know if Leonard is still due on stage at 9 pm, or will it be earlier? We're trying to decide what time to walk over there as we're staying very close by. Really looking forward to tomight's concert, it's such lovely weather here!!

Jackie
oblivion

Post by oblivion »

jonny falafel, very nice idea, but the same time as the soundcheck at piazza napoleone......
frankfurt+munic 1976; nuremberg 1988; lörrach, berlin, frankfurt+london 2008;
new york, cologne, venice, istanbul, prague + barcelona 2009
sligo, berlin, ghent, wiesbaden, strasbourg, marseille, hannover, dortmund, warsaw, las vegas 2010
ghent, helsinki, berlin, dublin, verona, paris...2012
oberhausen, mannheim, bruxelles, lucca, hamburg, odense, amsterdam...2013
brunatag

Post by brunatag »

Well, here I am in lucca, and it's raining!!!

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”