URGENT: LONDON AND LEEDS RE-SCHEDULED

A new, growing section for more exciting news
jarkko
Site Admin

URGENT: LONDON AND LEEDS RE-SCHEDULED

Post by jarkko »

Press release from AEG (July 2, 2013, at 9 am UK time)
LEONARD COHEN’S SHOWS IN LEEDS AND LONDON RESCHEDULED

When Leonard Cohen learned today that two of his U.K. concerts were scheduled on days of solemn religious observance, he respectfully asked AEG to move the dates. We at AEG, and Leonard, apologize deeply for the inconvenience this will cause, and we hope and trust that the reasons for the changes will be understood.
Sincerely,
AEG
Leonard Cohen

FULL UK ARENA TOUR 2013

AUGUST
26 BOURNEMOUTH BIC
28 BRIGHTON CENTRE
31 MANCHESTER ARENA

SEPTEMBER
03 CARDIFF MOTORPOINT ARENA
07 LEEDS FIRST DIRECT ARENA **rescheduled date**
08 BIRMINGHAM LG ARENA
15 LONDON THE 02 **reschedule date**

All tickets remain valid for the rescheduled dates. Any customers who wish to have a refund will need to return their tickets to their original point of purchase by Friday 12 July.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Zimmy66

Re: URGENT: LONDON AND LEEDS RE-SCHEDULED

Post by Zimmy66 »

Not your fault Jarkko, but I'm disgusted at this. I now have lost in excess of £400 for non refundable flights and hotel costs. How can I claim a refund on a ticket I have not received? AEG, Leonard's management and - to a certain degree - Leonard should hang their heads in shame. We're only pawns in their game.
To live outside the law you must be honest
LHHUNTER

Post by LHHUNTER »

This time the blame lies 100% with LC himself. If certain dates don't suit him why could he not inform AEG of this in advance. More disruption to his UK fans. No excuses end of story :!:
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Zimmy66 wrote:Not your fault Jarkko, but I'm disgusted at this. I now have lost in excess of £400 for non refundable flights and hotel costs.... AEG, Leonard's management and - to a certain degree - Leonard should hang their heads in shame. We're only pawns in their game.
I agree Zimmy66. I will not lose money this time round but I have in the past (cancellation of Hawaii, re-scheduling of Verona for Yom Kippur - sound familiar?) so I sympathise completely.

Wendy
Caren

Post by Caren »

Now this is quite unfortunate with flights etc booked already. Plus I am not sure if can make the new date. My sympathy to those who can't and are losing money as we do.

Of course, no one blames you Jarkko.

I only wish that maybe with future tour dates Leonard's management would take high holidays like Yom Kippur into consideration. Leonard himself cannot possibly be asked to double check every date his management arranges for him.

Well. Hoping everyone will manage to get this sorted somehow.

Best wishes from Berlin
Caren
Last edited by Caren on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
clive cass

New dates for Leeds and londondon

Post by clive cass »

In some respects I am pleased that these dates have been changed although I was intending to go to Leeds albeit somewhat reluctantly as it was originally set for the jewish new year. As I have a front row seat I intended to hold up a small banner wishing Leonard a happy new year and reminding him of the clash.

As a Jew that likes to observe, to a degree, our holy days I am aware of all important jewish dates in the calendar and I find it impossible to accept that a machine the size of AEG and Leonard's managements are not aware of these dates and this scenario should never have happened. I can only guess there are several or more Jews within this organisation.

For it to have taken so many weeks for this problem to be noticed is unbelievable.

If you observe certain religious dates your management should know this and Leonard should make this clear and his management should ask him are there any days for any reason that you cannot perform.

I recall when the dates were first announced that many forum members made noises about the clash with jewish holy days and again I find it hard to believe that this information did not get through to Leonard's management and whilst no one can be blamed for not sending these messages (why should Jarkko for instance as a non Jew think he should do this) it is regrettable that the message did not get through.

I am actually wondering if these changes have come about as a result of prostests and complaints from Jews and jewish organisations and if so then well done to them.

This is poor management from AEG and Leonard Cohen and I feel very sorry for people who have lost a lot of money, will waste time being somehwere before the relevant dates and may miss the concerts. The same happened with hop farm and my summer holidays that year were ruined at considerable expense.

This year I now have to cancel a weekend in edinburgh to go the new Leeds date but luckily I am able to cancel and only lose £2 but I now miss another event in edinburgh.
Dublin(3) 14/5/12, Lille 25/9/10, Liverpool 14/7/09, Manchester 30/11/08, Manchester 17/6/08, London 1988 or 1993 date unknown, Manchester 27/2/85
gallina

Post by gallina »

absolutely sad and disappointed! the concert of Vienna will be my LAST LC CONCERT!!! I am a devoted fan, but not rich and not stupid to that point....
2009 Budapest
2010 Zagreb, Gothenburg, Florence, St. Margarethen, Bratislava, Las Vegas x2

2011, 2015 Ύδρα
2012 Ghent x5, Helsinki, Dublin x2, Verona
2013 Roma, Lucca, Vienna, London
2015 Viladrau
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

Nice that Leonard feels the importance of respecting and observing these religious days .
Puzzling , as others have said, that this couldn't have been anticipated in the original planning!
Very sad for those who can no longer attend or who are going to be out of pocket to change their plans
I hope the change gets widely and quickly advertised to those planning to attend . Most don't look on this forum ! i will be interested to see when i get a direct communication from the promoters about the change
Last edited by cohenadmirer on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Zimmy66

Post by Zimmy66 »

cohenadmirer wrote:Nice that Leonard feels the importance of respecting and observing these religious days .
Puzzling , as others have said, that this couldn't have been anticipated in the original planning!
I hope the change gets widely and quickly advertised to those planning to attend . Most don't look on this forum ! i will be interested to see when i get a direct communication from the promoters about the change
I have literally just received an email from AXS - with a Premium Rate number to contact for a refund.
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

Zimmy66 wrote:
cohenadmirer wrote:Nice that Leonard feels the importance of respecting and observing these religious days .
I have literally just received an email from AXS - with a Premium Rate number to contact for a refund.
Ah so have i - at least very prompt -but it would have been nice to see a ' free number' to call and not sure why they have to have July 12th as the deadline to call. Fortunately i don't have to call since i can make the new date .
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Zimmy66

Post by Zimmy66 »

Ah so have i - at least very prompt -but it would have been nice to see a ' free number' to call and not sure why they have to have July 12th as the deadline to call. Fortunately i don't have to call since i can make the new date .
So they can assess whether or not to move to a smaller venue in light of the number of cancellations????? :?
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Zimmy66 wrote: not sure why they have to have July 12th as the deadline
I hadn't thought about the date. That's little more than a week!! People will be on holiday (and not everyone has a smart phone to check the forum or their e-mail every minute of every day)!!!!

Perhaps Jarkko and Marie could take this up with management to get the deadline extended for the convenience of the inconvenienced fans.....

Wendy

***I already this morning emailed AEG about this / Jarkko***
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir »

This is pretty pathetic, really, especially given this is not the first time planning has not been thought through as well as it should have been.

Very sorry for anyone who will be out of pocket and/or unable to make the new dates.

Not that I want to capitalise on anyone else's misfortune, but if anyone can't make the new London date and would be willing to sell their ticket(s) (I missed the presale, sadly, and no good seats left), please shoot me a PM.
Rodin

Post by Rodin »

For UK people I would make a claim to the Small Claims Court for compensation for expenses incurred.
Misunderstood
Zimmy66

Post by Zimmy66 »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
Zimmy66 wrote: not sure why they have to have July 12th as the deadline
I hadn't thought about the date. That's little more than a week!! People will be on holiday (and not everyone has a smart phone to check the forum or their e-mail every minute of every day)!!!!

Perhaps Jarkko and Marie could take this up with management to get the deadline extended for the convenience of the inconvenienced fans.....

Wendy

***I already this morning emailed AEG about this / Jarkko***
Thank you Jarkko - appreciated!

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”