MONTREUX JAZZ FESTIVAL (July 4 & 5) on sale now

A new, growing section for more exciting news
harald

Re: PRESALE TO MONTREUX JAZZ FESTIVAL (July 4 & 5)

Post by harald »

that does clarify things
thanks, swisschris

the reservation system is far from the one of eventim and its associates with their seatmap booking
but still much better than the ones where you buy just some "golden circle" and only a week later come to know what you have bought

more than forty years after landing on the moon, I wonder when all ticket sellers come up with easy and confortable booking systems (and dito seat numbering)

(a) great concert(s) to all who are going!
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
sofiale

Post by sofiale »

Dear Jarkko, thanks for announcing the Montreux concert... which turned out as extremely expensive one. :(
You promise (very uncertainly) one more concert in the area (also rather vague). Should we expect more concerts in Europe? If yes, when will it be announced? Or that was the last European site?
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Far from the last one! We are still waiting for 2-3 concerts in the mainland Europe, and then, finally, the whole UK tour.
However, we do not know when those will be confirmed & announced (well, the UK tour probably in May).
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

Great to have this opportunity but this one is not for me even though it would be a great place to see him.
Since i'm in canada on holiday i had to wake up in the middle of the night to check out the presale .
The one advantage of what i saw was that i could quickly get back to sleep without having to fumble around with my credit card in a semi conscious state!
Looking forward to more presale announcements
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
shooting_star_88

Post by shooting_star_88 »

May have to attend :)

Thank you for the announcement :)
with the Sublime Sisters of Mercy
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

Thanks, Jarkko!
maphoner

Post by maphoner »

jarkko wrote:Far from the last one! We are still waiting for 2-3 concerts in the mainland Europe, and then, finally, the whole UK tour.
However, we do not know when those will be confirmed & announced (well, the UK tour probably in May).
Thanks, Jarkko :!:
Can't make it to Montreux, but looking forward to more concerts. :)
What about Ireland this year :?:
of course you say you can't complain
RickD

Re: MONTREUX JAZZ FESTIVAL (July 4 & 5) on sale now

Post by RickD »

These things work in mysterious ways!

I couldn't get through for a couple of minutes, eventually got two seats a few rows back to one side. While the countdown was on, tried refreshing for better seats returned to the pool. Computer froze, laptop wouldn't work. End result was after 45 minutes had nothing and most of the floor was gone. Tried one last time and up popped two seats in the middle of the front row!

Was meant to be. :)
anny

Post by anny »

after 45min???!!! this was really meant to be !!! :)
hormoaner

Post by hormoaner »

First day, central front row ticket!!! Bought around midday in official sale, couldn't get floor seats in pre-sale.... Can't wait! My first post here, will be my third Leonard Cohen concert. As said previously, probably best venue for a Leonard Cohen concert! Near perfect acoustics!
marianne.s

Post by marianne.s »

Hi @ all,

two years ago I bought two front row tickets for the Paul Simon concert in Montreux. Very expensive but the best first row seats I ever had.
When we came to the venue I must see that the Managers or who ever made a "zero row" for sponsors and other "VIP´s" and so we were sitting in the second row.
The most people in the zero row were bored.
My most expensive tickets, the best seats ever and the badest experience ever.
I think I will never go to a seated concert in Montreux.
I hope, no one of you will have the same experience.
marianne
SylviaB

Post by SylviaB »

I also had difficulties in ordering tickets for Montreux. I decided for Montreux as I always wanted to see this festival location. I had also troubles to find an appropriate seat and as this is a financial challenging place - I opted for caterory 2 first day and will be seated somewhere in the middle (no way at all to get a 1st row ticket) and the 2nd day I had to buy the places "debout" - and hope this will not be too uncomfortable. Quite looking forward to this experience.
Sylvia
maryellen

Post by maryellen »

hello to everyone who break their piggy banks for Leonard ... this is my case and I confess to Montreux where I would have wanted to go I decided not really expensive and I'm already at Bercy

In fact given the man and the wonders he creates I do not understand why his concerts are so expensive sometimes. Olympia 200 € and do not talk about Montreux Bercy 133.50 I am not super positioned then yes I go .... when you love ! but I want to know if it is possible to have some indiscretions on the fees required by our idol? ?? :?:
HelenOE

Post by HelenOE »

maryellen wrote:hello to everyone who break their piggy banks for Leonard ... this is my case and I confess to Montreux where I would have wanted to go I decided not really expensive and I'm already at Bercy

In fact given the man and the wonders he creates I do not understand why his concerts are so expensive sometimes. Olympia 200 € and do not talk about Montreux Bercy 133.50 I am not super positioned then yes I go .... when you love ! but I want to know if it is possible to have some indiscretions on the fees required by our idol? ?? :?:
I've been doing some thinking about this. First of all, ticket prices are never set by the artist, Leonard Cohen or anybody else. They're set by the venue that books him. Of course, they have to set them at a price that will cover the cost of paying the artist and that will allow them enough profit to make it worth their while. I don't doubt that it's expensive to book the Unified Heart Touring Company into your facility; I'm sure Leonard Cohen pays everybody well, and travel is expensive, especially when you're doing it worldwide and transporting a lot of (delicate, sensitive, not easily replaceable) freight. But that's not the only factor. If the venue sets ticket prices too low, all that does is encourage the scalpers/resellers/ticket agencies. A big mismatch between the face value of the ticket and what fans are actually willing to pay just means a lot of money going into the pockets of the people who are NOT bearing the risk of putting the event on and who are not paying Leonard anything.
hormoaner

Post by hormoaner »

As I'm planning tomorrow's trip to Montreux, I was wondering how long the concert will last (all good things come to an end) knowing it is meant to start at 20h00...

Thanks for your help!

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”