BRITISH TOUR

A new, growing section for more exciting news
clive cass

BRITISH TOUR

Post by clive cass »

Lets consider the evidence.
Jarkko has told us to be patient.
Jarkko has suggested Ireland will miss out so we are talking about a British Tour (possibly plus Belfast).
Jarkko has suggested that any British tour will follow the current tour in Europe.
In 2012 Leonard was in Europe from August 11 to October 7 and was back on stage in the USA by October 31.
The organisers of the Ireland Walking weekend were assured the tour of Europe and UK would finish before their event on 19 September which means he could be performing again in USA, Australasia or South America by early October.
This year LC is currently scheduled to tour in Europe until just August 20.
There is a gap in his tour schedule from 3rd to 14 August inclusive and a shorter break between 29 June and 6 July inclusive. I predict that this will be rest breaks or chances to appear at festivals probably in Europe.
Generally LC and other musicians do not hop between Britain and Mainland Europe except for possible festival appearances.

So I predict the following (in no particular order)

Brighton or Bornemouth
Cardiff
London
Birmingham or Nottingham
Manchester or Liverpool
Leeds or Sheffield
Newcastle
Glasgow

From August 28 to September 15

All venues will be arenas. Not open air unless festivals and festivals will be in addition to the above. Possible non arena shows in London as he is already performing at London O2

Any other predictions anyone

Lets build this British tour up a bit and start getting excited about it and maybe our Feng Shui or Karma or whatever has an influence on LC and his management.
Last edited by clive cass on Sun May 26, 2013 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dublin(3) 14/5/12, Lille 25/9/10, Liverpool 14/7/09, Manchester 30/11/08, Manchester 17/6/08, London 1988 or 1993 date unknown, Manchester 27/2/85
catswhiskers

Re: BRITISH TOUR

Post by catswhiskers »

Clive
You have given me hope--I was almost giving up.
I had also guessed Aug/Sept--if we get anything at all.
Brighton would be amazing--but I would be up for any of your other predictions.
Do you have the feeling,like I do,that this will probably be Leonards last tour?? :( :(
clive cass

Post by clive cass »

I never thought I would see him again and that was before 2008. He certainly is enjoying himself and is more than fit enough to carry on. He does not need to be doing this especially now his finances have recovered. My head says this is the last uk tour but my heart says we might see him again but perhaps shorter tours of European capitals.
Dublin(3) 14/5/12, Lille 25/9/10, Liverpool 14/7/09, Manchester 30/11/08, Manchester 17/6/08, London 1988 or 1993 date unknown, Manchester 27/2/85
catswhiskers

Post by catswhiskers »

Fingers and everything else crossed!!
I DO so want to see him again....just one more time...but I say this as each tour is announced!!
I always think thats it,the final,last time--then he totally stuns me with yet another tour.
All we can do is hope the UK is included this time.
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

clive cass wrote:Lets consider the evidence.

So I predict the following (in no particular order)

Brighton
Cardiff
London
Birmingham or Nottingham
Manchester or Liverpool
Leeds or Sheffield
Newcastle
Glasgow

From August 28 to September 15
That feels optimistic ,but let's hope .
With every day i'm feeling the promised uk tour might be truncated at best or not happen at worst .
But ..... patience and hope!
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Poolie

Post by Poolie »

Let's hope that Clive Cass's carefully reasoned prediction of a U.K. tour proves to be correct. Leonard hasn't played Newcastle - or Sheffield- since May 1976, when he was just a 41 year old kid with a crazy dream. It's even longer(March 1972) since he played Leeds.
Work commitments previously conspired to prevent me seeing any of this century's British gigs. I've willingly followed Leonard to Ireland and mainland Europe since retiring, but, hey, what's wrong with hoping he plays a date nearer to home?
Do the postings of Leonard's first gig in Milwaukee for a similar period, 38 years, give us cause for hope?
Leonard, it seems so long ago....
Poolie
rhona

Post by rhona »

I hope we find out as soon as possible if it's likely that more UK concerts will be played. Whilst I can quite happily be patient, I'm feeling some pressure to arrange trips to see far-away family; and we haven't booked a family holiday for our little ones whilst waiting for news. I'll be very sad to miss out on seeing Leonard one more time, but if there's still no word by the end of March, life must go on, and flights etc. must be booked.

I don't quite understand why there's so much speculation and mystery surrounding UK dates though. It doesn't half make things difficult when you're trying to co-ordinate travel plans! I must admit that I'm feeling a bit piqued by it today. I'll be alright again tomorrow. ;-)
Oh bless the continuous stutter of the word being made into flesh

2008 Manchester Opera House
2008 Clyde Auditorium/SECC Glasgow
2012 Wembley Arena
2013 London O2
2013 Birmingham LG arena
mydoglorca

Post by mydoglorca »

I'm with you all the way Rhona. Whilst it does seem as if we are a bunch of UK whingers.......some days it really gets to me too! One of those days was last week when I gave up & booked a holiday. There are still gaps in the schedule in late June/ early July & that is now only 3 months away.
I'll be very sad too if I only get to see Leonard at the O2 but, as you say, life has to go on & patience does wear thin. ;-)
News of Belgium, France or Holland would be very welcome too!!! ;-)
1976 Bristol 1979 Birmingham 1988 RAH x 2, 1993 RAH x 2 & Madrid, 2008 Edinburgh, London O2, Cardiff, Bournemouth, RAH 17 Nov, Birmingham, Manchester 30 Nov, 2009 Weybridge, Liverpool, Dublin 19 & 20th,2010 September -Marseille, Tours, Lille, 2012 12 & 14 Aug Ghent,Wembley x22013 O2, Antwerp, Bournemouth, Manchester
James T

Post by James T »

I do find it a bit silly now. I haven't got tickets to the O2 and I can't really afford one off a tout. If some come up on here to buy maybe I will have to do that, because further dates seem a long way off in my mind now. I don't mind if he doesn't tour extensively. I think one show in each country would even be fair, and he's not obliged to visit anywhere! I'd just rather know.

Keep up the top shows Leonard, you're the number 1. Just let us know though, thanks.
lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze »

James T wrote:I do find it a bit silly now. I haven't got tickets to the O2 and I can't really afford one off a tout. If some come up on here to buy maybe I will have to do that, because further dates seem a long way off in my mind now. I don't mind if he doesn't tour extensively. I think one show in each country would even be fair, and he's not obliged to visit anywhere! I'd just rather know.

Keep up the top shows Leonard, you're the number 1. Just let us know though, thanks.
It does seem a long way off now if Leonard visits us again. It seems a long time because we somehow got missed out on the last tour.
The only one he managed was a mix up anyway having changed the venue at the last minute.
I suspect the 02 concert is just there to keep us sweet.
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
harald

Post by harald »

James T wrote:he's not obliged to visit anywhere!
Yes, exactly, thanks!
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
rhona

Post by rhona »

I couldn't agree more that he's not obliged to come to the UK - I don't think we deserve him any more than anywhere else. To be fair, we are getting one date this year, which is more than some countries. My point was simply that we've had hints there WILL be a further date/dates announced; and it's just getting a bit foot-tappy round our house for more news, as - like many others - we've got plans to make for the summer. If the news is that there will be no more UK dates, then so be it. It would just be nice to know either way, but I guess wheels are still turning somewhere. For the first 26 years of listening to and having my life enhanced by his music and poetry, I never dreamed I'd ever see Leonard in the flesh. Five years on, I now have; three times to date; so anything else is an absolute bonus.
Oh bless the continuous stutter of the word being made into flesh

2008 Manchester Opera House
2008 Clyde Auditorium/SECC Glasgow
2012 Wembley Arena
2013 London O2
2013 Birmingham LG arena
mydoglorca

Post by mydoglorca »

And that is what I meant too. If he isn't coming that's a shame, but I've been lucky enough to see him around 25 times. It would just be nice to know one way or the other & make other plans for the summer.
1976 Bristol 1979 Birmingham 1988 RAH x 2, 1993 RAH x 2 & Madrid, 2008 Edinburgh, London O2, Cardiff, Bournemouth, RAH 17 Nov, Birmingham, Manchester 30 Nov, 2009 Weybridge, Liverpool, Dublin 19 & 20th,2010 September -Marseille, Tours, Lille, 2012 12 & 14 Aug Ghent,Wembley x22013 O2, Antwerp, Bournemouth, Manchester
Gregor

Post by Gregor »

if its anything to go on when the Irish gigs over the past four years were announced it was not until the middle of April and then the others followed in the days after to fill a full week of gigs.The only "one off" was lissadell county Sligo .So there is still hope well I am anyway
Gregor.
There is a crack in every thing thats how the light gets in
Rodin

Post by Rodin »

At times this reads like a trainspotter's forum as you all list the dates and beg for your next sighting.
Misunderstood

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”