What happens until the Summer tour?

A new, growing section for more exciting news
meglos2000

What happens until the Summer tour?

Post by meglos2000 »

I'm very excited to hear I will get the chance to see Leonard live next summer.

It has made me wonder what happens between now and then.

I wonder if the break in the Old Ideas tour means that he will be doing something else in the first part of the year, a new album perhaps? I had heard that the original plans were to keep touring rather than have this break.

In fact is the summer 2013 the resumption of the Old Ideas tour or the start of a new one altogether?

Of course it could always be a well deserved holiday!

I also hope we get a live cd/DVD too.
ilion

Re: What happens until the Summer tour?

Post by ilion »

I'm very much hoping for a live cd/DVD, especially with the Joan of Arc duet! Maybe they'll use the break to sort that out. (Although I'm not sure how much Leonard really needs to be involved in the organization of a live album.)
James-on-tour

Post by James-on-tour »

It is certainly great to see plans for a tour in 2013.
I would be surprised to see another album before then.
I will certainly try to get to London but I would be very surprised
if he did not come to Ireland again.
The Irish legions will be ready to come out in force again by then.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Leonard is in his 79th year. I hope he has a good rest so he is strong and fighting fit for the next tour. I don't suppose he will be idle until then but I really wouldn't expect him to be busy with a new project either.

Wendy
James-on-tour

Post by James-on-tour »

London ticket purchased and now waiting for the next announcement.
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

Mabeanie1 wrote:Leonard is in his 79th year. I hope he has a good rest so he is strong and fighting fit for the next tour.
Wendy
Would that it were so! None of us would begrudge him the well-deserved rest.

But now we know what happens until the Summer tour - a full N.American Spring tour - lucky people!
Meanwhile, we in Europe have been offered a few scraps and are kept dangling for the rest...
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
regensburg

Post by regensburg »

Why are you do negative about the American Spring Tour? I think he had a LOT of European tours last year and you should be happy about that. Just saying.
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

What's "negative" about saying "lucky people" ? Envious yes, negative no.

The last leg of the previous tour was in N. America, so I tuned in after Christmas hoping for the rest of the European dates, and found instead a "Major Announcement" of another N. American tour, properly presented with all the dates at once, so you could choose what suited from the available options. As I say, lucky people! Enjoy.

The European tour in comparison is a mess, with a few concerts announced months ago and no word yet of exactly when or if the others will be announced. There is no comparison.

Anyway, the longer further announcements are delayed the more likely I am to cherish happy memories of previous European concerts, and finally leave it at that.
Zimmy66

Post by Zimmy66 »

Well said Tipperary Ann. I know 'we' were fortunate last year. Sadly -for true fans- this is nothing short of a debacle. I'm fortunate I have many happy memories of seeing Leonard in concert over (whisper it ! ;-)) 40 years.
To live outside the law you must be honest
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

Zimmy66 wrote: I'm fortunate I have many happy memories of seeing Leonard in concert over (whisper it ! ;-)) 40 years.
Now there's a pedigree - one of very few on the forum who have been LC supporters from the Isle of Wight on !
Zimmy, I think you have well earned the right to express your opinion ( "fed up waiting" ) and have it treated with respect.

Glad to see you got to Kilmainham - if those turn out to be our last LC concerts they are indeed happy memories - freezing but so enjoyable!
real-alan

Post by real-alan »

TipperaryAnn wrote:
Zimmy66 wrote: I'm fortunate I have many happy memories of seeing Leonard in concert over (whisper it ! ;-)) 40 years.
Now there's a pedigree - one of very few on the forum who have been LC supporters from the Isle of Wight on !
Zimmy, I think you have well earned the right to express your opinion ( "fed up waiting" ) and have it treated with respect.

Glad to see you got to Kilmainham - if those turn out to be our last LC concerts they are indeed happy memories - freezing but so enjoyable!
Well, I'm in the 40 year club as well (can't see a smiley there for "smug" though... :? ) - and would be content (sort of) if Kilmainhaim 2012 was my last time to see Leonard.... BUT, I made the big mistake of going to the show in Los Angeles in November, and suffered with being amongst a VERY disrespectful audience (I've mentioned it at length elsewhere...) I'd hate that to be my last show.... :cry:
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

real-alan wrote: Well, I'm in the 40 year club as well
Alan, I'd never have thought it! :lol:
Maybe you should start a "40 Year Club" thread on the forum!

Yes, from what I read of LA I'd prefer Kilmainham as my final LC concert - the mood was just so joyful. (And all the coming and going is not as intrusive at an open-air venue; anyway people needed to move around a bit there to avoid hypothermia!)

Of course if LC does return to Ireland (sounds unlikely from Jarkko's cryptic comments on the Europe thread) I'll have to be there, but otherwise... there comes a time when enough is enough.
I sometimes wish Leonard would say "enough" and just relax in his garden, but then he has always been so restless!
evie

Post by evie »

Hi, I could also be a member of the 40-year club, just! I was also at Kilmainham last year, my first visit to Dublin and I thoroughly enjoyed it and it's wonderful people. It would be a great end to my concert trips but I really hope there will be more this year in Britain! :-)
I heard of a man who says words so beautifully that if he only speaks their name women give themselves to him.

Manchester 1972; London O2 2008; Bournemouth 2008; Manchester 2008; Dublin 2012; Bournemouth 2013; Brighton 2013
lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze »

I too must qualify for the 40. I was born in the same year as Leonard and followed him from before 1970 and The Isle of Wight, and will do until I expire!!!!
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
evie

Post by evie »

Wow, I certainly can't beat that! The same birth year as Leonard - cool Lightasabreeze!
I heard of a man who says words so beautifully that if he only speaks their name women give themselves to him.

Manchester 1972; London O2 2008; Bournemouth 2008; Manchester 2008; Dublin 2012; Bournemouth 2013; Brighton 2013

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”