Ample white skirt or classic little black dress

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Tchocolatl

Ample white skirt or classic little black dress

Post by Tchocolatl »

On the next tour, what if the women on the stage will not wear their boyfriends clothes from time to time?

The uniform could be a nice pair of boots under an ample semi-long fluid white skirt wears with a long sleeves black top. They can put - or not - the jacket on this. And wear a long pearl neckless if they wear the jacket on this. They can wear the neckless and a tie also, together. Or just the tie, or just the pearl neckless, or just the black top, plain. Wear the hat or not. Well, you know, do a creative mix tuned with their feelings and the songs.

Something like that, but imagine the top and boots black & the skirt white, this white acting - like the curtains in the back - as a reflector of the colours of the show.

Or the classic little black dress. So chic. Any accessories including the jacket and the fedora are allowed, here.
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
VELOVERMONT

Re: Ample white skirt or classic little black dress

Post by VELOVERMONT »

Indeed if changes have been made with the instrumentists, making a change to the chorists's look by adding a little touch of feminity as suggested by tchocolatl would indeed be a plus !
montreal 2008; montreal 2012x2
Tchocolatl

Post by Tchocolatl »

To tell you everything, the look they had do not bother me - I found it original that they were dressed like the rest of the band. It is after I have participated in the thread about Leonard Cohen's looks on some photos, that this idea popped up. Out of the blue. And also, because of this photo with the flamenco dancer, all feminity, and the beautiful visual contrast it makes with the men on the stage.
"He can love the shape of human beings, the fine and twisted shapes of the heart. It is good to have among us such men, such balancing monsters of love."

Leonard Cohen
Beautiful Losers
nice2

Post by nice2 »

That's an interesting idea for coordinated stage outfits for the female performers! Having an elegant yet comfortable look could really add to the show's ambiance.
I like the vision of flowy white mid-length skirts paired with long-sleeved black tops and edgy black boots. Being able to accessorize with blazers, pearl necklaces or ties opens up lots of possibilities to vary the outfits for different songs.
A classic little black thobe like that would also be a chic, timeless option. Top it off with a hat for certain numbers, and you've got a vintage glamour vibe going.
The key would be letting each artist feel at ease and able to make the look their own in the moment. A stylish mix-and-match of pieces to coordinate based on inspiration, while maintaining an overall elegant, feminine aesthetic. Definitely a cool concept to explore for the next tour!
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

nice2 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:46 pm ...Definitely a cool concept to explore for the next tour!

There won't be a "next tour", for obvious reasons, I should think. :roll:

Return to “Comments & Questions”