Tried to exchange tickets

Everything about the first leg of Leonard Cohen's World Tour 2013
windstormreigns

Tried to exchange tickets

Post by windstormreigns »

First thank you to Jarkko for all your all that you do. After I bought my tickets in row 12 some tickets in a closer row became available. Anyway I called to see if I could switch the tickets and the guy told me that I could not do it until the tickets went on sale publicly, as they had no way of knowing the price of tickets...does not sound right to me but what do I know. He also said that sometimes they make available more seats. I don't know. All I know is I wanted row 5 center seats and they were not there. After I bought row 12 center others closer showed up. Has anybody ever tried to change their tickets for better seats? If so did you have to wait? If this guy is wrong I am going to call again.Thanks in advance.
Mabeanie1

Re: Tried to exchange tickets

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Most tickets are sold on a strictly no refunds, no exchanges basis. Personally I think you will be lucky to manage to exchange your tickets for something better but you do sometimes come across a helpful box office which is prepared to bend the strict letter of the box office law. However, most of us end up buying a second time if better seats turn up. You can then offer the original seats for sale (at cost) via the forum.

Wendy
windstormreigns

But these are will call tickets, can that be done?
LindaB

Post by LindaB »

I bought tickets today for the Tampa show. I took row 5 (EE) as they came up when I put in for best available. After purchase ,I looked again at seating chart and saw that there were available seats in 2nd row.(BB). I called the Venue and asked if I could swap (same price). They did this for a $25 fee. I was happy, now I'm very happy!
What you practice, you become
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

windstormreigns wrote:But these are will call tickets, can that be done?
You mean sell the tickets? Yes, it can be done but you have to arrange to meet your purchaser once you have collected the tickets.

W
windstormreigns

Thanks for the info. I am going to call again as it says on the website I can exchange if I find better seats. The guy said they could not tell how much they were as it was a presale... does not sound right. Sometimes you have to call again as people make mistakes. I do not know why I am obsessing about this... Row 12 are very good seats... But row 5 are so much better. I do not think they charge a fee for an exchange... at least I hope not. Do not know if I would pay it...who am I kidding? I know I would, it's Leonard Cohen!
ilion

Post by ilion »

LindaB wrote:I bought tickets today for the Tampa show. I took row 5 (EE) as they came up when I put in for best available. After purchase ,I looked again at seating chart and saw that there were available seats in 2nd row.(BB). I called the Venue and asked if I could swap (same price). They did this for a $25 fee. I was happy, now I'm very happy!
Some "best available" algorithms likely consider seats in rows AA and BB to be less than ideal due to things like the closeness and height of the stage creating a bad angle. That may be why. (It may actually be perfectly fine, but occasionally I've even seen such seats priced cheaper than seats a few rows back!)
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

I tend to agree with Ilion on this. A few rows back can often be better for perspective and sound, and you avoid the paparazzi at the front. I was eight rows back for Leonard at Wembley last year and it was excellent (in this case, I opted for row 8, when I could have had row 5). There should be nothing wrong with row 5, though!
leonardthecat

Post by leonardthecat »

John Etherington wrote:I tend to agree with Ilion on this. A few rows back can often be better for perspective and sound, and you avoid the paparazzi at the front. I was eight rows back for Leonard at Wembley last year and it was excellent (in this case, I opted for row 8, when I could have had row 5). There should be nothing wrong with row 5, though!
All depends how high the stage is and where the seating starts. Sometimes it's a lot better a few rows back. We were row 4 at Wembley last year, and rows 1 and 2 for the Ghent concerts we went to. Row 4 Wembley was probably closer to the stage than row 1 in Ghent. Had rows 1 and 2 in Toronto last month, but to the side. I think the best seats I had were at Lissadell, row JJ and Leonard was a dot on the stage. Depends a lot on the crowd too. I wouldn't go back to Wembley even if I got front row centre, but would take anything if he went back to Sligo. (I know that is not likely to happen).
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

leonardthecat wrote: Had rows 1 and 2 in Toronto last month, but to the side. I think the best seats I had were at Lissadell, row JJ and Leonard was a dot on the stage. Depends a lot on the crowd too. I wouldn't go back to Wembley even if I got front row centre, but would take anything if he went back to Sligo. (I know that is not likely to happen).
Well said, leonardthecat - so would I! Sadly, it won't happen. In fact, it seems likely nothing will happen in Ireland this time...

Some people seem obsessed with being in the front few rows and won't take anything else! In the cinema we always avoid the front rows, as you have to crane your neck to see. Central anywhere is preferable to front rows, I think. (But I DO resent tickets being offered for sale without an accurate seating chart - the least we can expect for a considerable outlay is to see what is available in the various price ranges and where we will be sitting.)

Was trying to avoid posting on the Spring Tour thread, which doesn't apply to me , but it's so BORING over on the Summer Tour thread at present! We in Europe who supported Leonard Cohen when the US turned its back on him are still waiting for the crumbs which fall from the rich man's table... :(
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

crumbs which fall from the rich man's table
***there is a cake reserved and waiting on the table for the Europeans... Just be patient... / Jarkko***
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

LOL, Jarkko
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

***there is a cake reserved and waiting on the table for the Europeans... Just be patient... / Jarkko***

A whole cake? Great! Sounds as if it's baked and ready to serve soon, so!
(Must be patient...must be patient...must be......)

Hope one little slice of it is reserved for Ireland!
Last edited by TipperaryAnn on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
windstormreigns

I called back today to exchange my tickets. They said I could only have done it in the first three days but the other person who took my call Tuesday said I had to wait till Friday.(See previous post) But since the first guy screwed up they would refund the money and let me re-buy tickets. So before I did anything he stayed on the phone with me and we checked for closer tickets. I wanted to get center row 5, 6 or 7, I did not want to be off to the side but they were gone. I know row 12 center are very good tickets. I am short(only 5') and too often there is somebody in front of me who is taller. Sometimes things happen for a reason (saying that makes me feel better)Anyway I said it before and I will say it again...I am going to go see Leonard Cohen...so excited. Now for the waiting.
Hartmut

Re: AW: Tried to exchange tickets

Post by Hartmut »

jarkko wrote:***there is a cake reserved and waiting on the table for the Europeans... Just be patient... / Jarkko***
But ... but ... I thought the cake was a lie?

Return to “THE SPRING 2013 TOUR IN NORTH AMERICA”