Madrid meetup

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
harald

Madrid meetup

Post by harald »

Madrilenos!
Dear friends in Madrid. Would someone of you please suggest a bar near the Palacio de Deportes or in the city center where forum members could meet before the concert.
I have never been to the city, so I have to rely on your local expertise.
Would love to meet and chat with some forum friends in Madrid.
Gracias!
harald
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
lizzytysh

Re: Madrid meetup

Post by lizzytysh »

Yes, count me in for this, too.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
dreamermusic

Post by dreamermusic »

I'm staying at CONVENCIÓN HOTEL ****, 300 metres away from the venue (Palacio de Deportes). Maybe, the hotel bar would be a suitable place to meet. I can tell it to Valentín, a friend of mine and forum member from Madrid attending to the concert also, to meet there before the concert. I'm attaching map. A is HOTEL CONVENCIÓN and B is PALACIO DE DEPORTES.
Attachments
A is HOTEL CONVENCIÓN and B is PALACIO DE DEPORTES.
A is HOTEL CONVENCIÓN and B is PALACIO DE DEPORTES.
-Madrid 1993 (standing up face to face to Leonard, leaning my arms upon the stage (no cams, no security line), my hands touched Cohen's feet!) (talked to Cohen for 20 minutes after concert!!!)
-Lisbon 2009 (1st row!!)
-Madrid 2012 (1st row centred facing Leonard!!)
-FOREVER
HelenD

Post by HelenD »

Are no other Forum members going to the Madrid concert?
Is this hotel nominated as the meeting place? If so, will try to get there well before the concert as when we got to the Brazen Head in Dublin I think everyone else had already gone!!
Hopefully Madrid will be a bit warmer :)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I'm staying at the same hotel, dreamermusic, so that works VERY well for me, too :D .

At what time are you intending to meet?
Does the concert begin at 8:00?
I would want to be at the venue by 7:00 to allow for standing in any lines, either to get in or at the merch stand, finding my seat, conversing before the concert.
For me [if 8:00 concert, meeting at 5:00 would be good].

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
dreamermusic

Post by dreamermusic »

Concert begins at 9:00. Doors open at 7:00. I would also like to buy some merch there so I think 7:00 or 7:30 will suit to be at the venue. We could meet at Convencion Hotel Cafeteria / bar at about 5:00 p.m. We could wear something identifying us, for example, a Cohen T-shirt, a Unified Heart pin or ring...etc.

Kathleen (a just entered forum member) has sent me a private message and she wants to meet us there too. I'll write to her giving the instructions. Valentin, a Madrid forum member and friend of mine is also coming.

We'll keep in touch from now on till the 5 October to fix all the details.

COUNT DOWN BEGINS!!!
-Madrid 1993 (standing up face to face to Leonard, leaning my arms upon the stage (no cams, no security line), my hands touched Cohen's feet!) (talked to Cohen for 20 minutes after concert!!!)
-Lisbon 2009 (1st row!!)
-FOREVER
dreamermusic

Post by dreamermusic »

lizzytysh wrote:I'm staying at the same hotel, dreamermusic, so that works VERY well for me, too :D .

At what time are you intending to meet?
Does the concert begin at 8:00?
I would want to be at the venue by 7:00 to allow for standing in any lines, either to get in or at the merch stand, finding my seat, conversing before the concert.
For me [if 8:00 concert, meeting at 5:00 would be good].

~ Lizzy
Nice to hear that Lizzy! My train gets to Madrid at 12:30 p.m. so I think I'll be at Convencion Hotel at about 13:00. My name is Daniel Granado. JUust ask at the reception desk what my room number is and when can keep in touch even before the meet up begins in case we think about preparing something.
-Lisbon 2009 (1st row!!)
-FOREVER
dreamermusic

Post by dreamermusic »

If you all want to know how I look like (to identify ourselves at ther meet up) you can have a look at one of my Cohen's cover, I'm Your Man, at Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSP3uO4S ... ure=relmfu
-Lisbon 2009 (1st row!!)
-FOREVER
dreamermusic

Post by dreamermusic »

By the way, do you think we could bring a guitar or so to play some Cohen songs at one of our Hotel rooms? We could make "Songs From a (Hotel) Room" :D
-Lisbon 2009 (1st row!!)
-FOREVER
harald

Post by harald »

Dear friends
I am still going to Madrid and am looking forward to meet you all.
But very busy at the moment. And in contact with a friend in Madrid.
Will come back to this thread after the Verona concert.
Best,
harald
ps: thanks, dreamermusic, for your pm
1979 Kassel / 1980 Munich / 2008 Munich, Hamburg / 2009 Cologne, Antwerp, Lisbon, Budapest, Barcelona / 2010 Salzburg, Florence, Marseille, Stuttgart, Bratislava / 2012 Ghent, Berlin, Verona, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon / 2013 Paris, Mannheim, Rome, Prague, Pula, Zuerich, Amsterdam
2011 Haiger / 2014 Dublin / 2015 Hydra, Viladrau / 2016 Amsterdam / 2017 Hydra, Balaton / 2019 Yorkshire
dreamermusic

MADRID MEETUP LATEST NEWS!!!/ENCUENTRO EN MADRID!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by dreamermusic »

The Madrid meetup for the forum members will be held at CONVENCIÓN HOTEL**** where I myself and other forum members are staying, 300 metres away from the venue (Palacio de los Deportes de la Comunidad de Madrid). The address is 53 O'Donell Street. (map attached)

I've been making some arrangements with the hotel's director and I've got a FREE MEETING ROOM at the hotel where we all can meet and gather together, play and sing Leonard songs (I´ll bring my guitar! You can bring yours if you have one!) and so on...

I'll be at the hotel at about 13:00. The idea is to meet at Bar Terraza (the Hotel's Bar) at about 16:30 / 17:00 to meet and know each other, have a coffee or whatever and then go to the private meeting room to keep on talking and singing Cohen songs before the opening of the gates (19:00). Please, bring some distinctive mark (a Cohen T-shirt, pin, ring, book, cd, or whatever...). If you have more ideas, please tell us and share them in this forum thread. Please, write a message in this forum thread if you are planning to come to this meetup.

As Jarkko would say... more details will be coming soon! :lol: (I've written to Jarkko to invite him to our Madrid meetup, but he's not coming. Verona next Monday is his last concert in the European tour.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
El encuentro en Madrid para los miembros del Foro tendrá lugar en el HOTEL CONVENCIÓN**** donde nos quedaremos otros miembros del foro y yo, a 300 metros del lugar del concierto (Palacio Deportes). La dirección es Calle O'Donell 53. (Adjunto mapa)

He estado realizando algunas gestiones con el director del hotel y he conseguido una SALA DE REUNIONES GRATUITA en el hotel donde podemos reunirnos, conocernos, tocar y cantar canciones de Cohen (yo llevo mi guitarra, el que tenga que la lleve también) etc...

Yo llegaré al hotel sobre las 13:00. La idea es reunirnos en el Bar Terraza (bar del hotel) sobre las 16:30 o las 17:00 para conocernos, tomar un café o lo que sea y luego pasar a la sala de reunión privada para continuar charlando y cantando canciones de Cohen antes de la hora de apertura de puertas (19:00). Por favor, trae alguna marca distintiva para reconocernos (una camiseta de Cohen , pin, anillo, libro, cd de Cohen o lo que sea...). Si tienes alguna otra idea, por favor compártela en este foro. Por favor, escribe un mensaje en este foro si piensas venir al encuentro.

Como diria Jarkko...más detalles en breve! :lol: (Le he escrito a Jarkko para invitarle a nuestro encuentro en Madrid pero no va a venir, el último concierto al que va de la gira europea es al de Verona el lunes que viene.
Attachments
The meetup will be held in A whereas the venue is B, 300 metres away from the meetup place (Hotel Convención)
The meetup will be held in A whereas the venue is B, 300 metres away from the meetup place (Hotel Convención)
-Lisbon 2009 (1st row!!)
-FOREVER
lizzytysh

Re: MADRID MEETUP LATEST NEWS!!!/ENCUENTRO EN MADRID!!!!!!!!

Post by lizzytysh »

I'll be there!
Thanks for everything you're making happen, dreamermusic 8) .
I'm sorry Jarkko and Eija won't be there.
~ Oscar Wilde
harald

Post by harald »

Dear friends.
Regina and me have a rather strict timetable in Madrid.
So not sure if we´ll make to the meetup.
We´ll try and in case just show up at the hotel.
Best
harald
dreamermusic

Post by dreamermusic »

harald wrote:Dear friends.
Regina and me have a rather strict timetable in Madrid.
So not sure if we´ll make to the meetup.
We´ll try and in case just show up at the hotel.
Best
harald
Ok Harald. Thanks for posting. Try to go if you can (you have to go that way anyhow, the hotel is just beside the venue ;-)
-Lisbon 2009 (1st row!!)
-FOREVER
dreamermusic

Post by dreamermusic »

Only 3 days left for "The Great Event"!!!
I´m reviewing the chords of some Leonard's songs with my guitar to play at the meetup in Madrid (Suzanne, Biord on a Wire, Gypsy's Wife, Famous Blue Raincoat and many many others)
I'm eager to see you all there and to see my Master for my third time!
See you in 3 days!
-Lisbon 2009 (1st row!!)
-FOREVER

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”