HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
Murphy575

Re: URGENT: HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Post by Murphy575 »

Just a general note (I do not have tickets for Hop Farm, I went to Gent so I'm not effected)

I may be very wrong, but if you booked using your credit card, I think there is some extra protection against things like this from the consumer credit act. It might be worth your while contacting your credit card company and/or your local consumer rights helpline (for those living in the UK you can contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 08454 04 05 06)..

Of course your tickets are refunded anyway so that's not so much of an issue, but the non-refundable hotels etc, could be worth a shot?

As you may gather, I'm not an expert on consumer law but I know you do have some extra protections when buying with a CREDIT card. According to watchdog or something similar, they have equal responsibility or something like that.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Kimmerriott wrote:I only just heard about change of venue contacted last.minute and
They have only offered me seats right at back in tiered section, where as I had seats at hop farm 3 rd block back and level, so no priority given, and not like for like, and lost money on hotel I had booked for Kent! Not happy! Any one any ideas on who to contact to try and get better seats? So much for saying on site we would get priority!!
The main ticket agents were Eventim. HMV also sold tickets from Eventim stock. Other sellers, including Ticketmaster, Seetickets and lastminute.com, had specific (and further back) allocations of tickets to sell for Hop Farm. These have now been exchanged for similar specific allocations of seats at Wembley. With all due respect, your Hop Farm seats were "3rd block back" on the level. Your new seats are at the back and in the tiered section. Not precisely like for like but IMHO probably much better - you'll be able to see something at Wembley! Of course, if you don't like your new seats you always have the option of contacting the ticket seller to request a refund. I spoke yesterday with lastminute.com on behalf of someone else and they were more than happy to offer a refund.

I'm sorry you've lost money on your hotel in Kent (I have too) but to look on the bright side, you do have a ticket for what is fast becoming one of the hottest shows in town. Lots of people want to go to the UK shows now there's no chance of getting wet during the concert.

Wendy
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

omgpop wrote:Just a general note (I do not have tickets for Hop Farm, I went to Gent so I'm not effected)

I may be very wrong, but if you booked using your credit card, I think there is some extra protection against things like this from the consumer credit act. It might be worth your while contacting your credit card company and/or your local consumer rights helpline (for those living in the UK you can contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 08454 04 05 06)..

Of course your tickets are refunded anyway so that's not so much of an issue, but the non-refundable hotels etc, could be worth a shot?

As you may gather, I'm not an expert on consumer law but I know you do have some extra protections when buying with a CREDIT card. According to watchdog or something similar, they have equal responsibility or something like that.
Sorry to sound a negative note but I don't want anyone to get their hopes up. By all means make a claim but I doubt if it will be successful. The hotels & travel arrangements have not failed. Its just that the reason for travelling / staying in the hotels has gone away.

Wendy
Murphy575

Post by Murphy575 »

Yeah of course, sorry! :oops:

Could be worth it anyway, worse case is you loose your money, which you have done already so...
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

I know this is too late for this case, but I always use a hotel site such as booking.com where you can cancel the booking at no cost, usually up to 24 hours before you are due to travel.
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Paul Zagreb wrote:I know this is too late for this case, but I always use a hotel site such as booking.com where you can cancel the booking at no cost, usually up to 24 hours before you are due to travel.
Erm .... only if you make a cancellable (usually more expensive) booking Paul ...

W
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

Paul Zagreb wrote:I know this is too late for this case, but I always use a hotel site such as booking.com where you can cancel the booking at no cost, usually up to 24 hours before you are due to travel.
I agree with you, Paul; having learned from the sad experience of cancelled Cohen concerts a few years ago I always use booking.com now. Often I find it works out less expensive than dealing with the individual hotel, and at least there is that sense of security when strange decisions are made...
Last edited by TipperaryAnn on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
voldoakwood

Post by voldoakwood »

Well its been quite a stressful week, from getting early morning panicky texts to calling up ticket vendors who were also in a seemingly panicky state of confusion.
Getting mad at the loss of money on prepaid hotel rooms , not being sure if we would be able to get tickets for wembley. Still stressing about the proposed refunds why 5 days? has Vince power gone bust? Do Eventim hold the money?

On the other side of this rusty coin and now that some of the issues have been resolved; i can be happy that i have got tickets (better ones to be fair) and the 4 of us going can now all sit together. Travelling down from Leeds so not quite has far to go and will not now stay over so no need to re-book another hotel.
Finally i suppose we will all stay dry, although i think the rain in the carpark in Weybridge added something to the overall experience.

All in all glad to get things sorted ticket wise for wembley and fingers crossed that the refund comes through okay.

Really hope everyone else manages to get things sorted too.
lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze »

Just noticed Wembly tickets for Leonard appearing thick and fast on eBay, as usual overpriced.
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
JohnnyJohnny

Post by JohnnyJohnny »

This all sounds a really unfortunate mess. Yes the good old British weather may have been a factor in the decision to move the venue, but my cynical side also says that a bigger venue with more seats to sell may also have been a factor. The least they could have done was to look after the loyal fans who took the trouble to book early - and to ensure that they did indeed get like-for-like tickets at Wembley. So sorry too for all those who have booked non-refundable hotels. The tickets aren't cheap themselves, but losing the price of a hotel on top is an 'ouch!'
It will add somewhat more poignancy to Leonard's usual quip about some of the audience having undergone "significant geographical and financial inconvenience to be here!"
Although I live in the UK, I travelled over to Ghent (made a weekend break of it, lovely city too). So glad I did. The weather was sultry, almost tropical, over 30 degrees daytime, and on the concert evening was around 27 degrees! The music was haunting, magical and acoustically perfect. Unforgettable. Those of you now heading for Wembley are in for a treat. Perhaps Leonard will make up for your additional 'inconvenience' by doing an extra encore with a couple of extra songs?
Enjoy.
imposter

Post by imposter »

The original Hop Farm dates offered an all day bill with support acts. Are people now being charged the same price for LC alone? If so, how can that be justified? The fact that no support acts were ever announced suggests that these gigs were always in doubt.
Lookatme

Post by Lookatme »

It doesn't add up:

The Hop Farm capacity is between 30,000 and 53,000, it was reported that the first night was sold out.

Wembley Arena capacity is only 12,500.

Am I missing something.
Lookatme

Post by Lookatme »

One by one the guests are paying twice:
What are exactly are the ‘unforeseen circumstances’ is it that the organisers were under the delusion that the Kent countryside would be basking under thirty degrees of sunshine in September, will the Dublin venues now also suffer the same fate if the same criteria are used, what exactly has changed since the tickets went on sale.
Many people, including me have based other arrangements and incurred costs around these venues: and in the word of pre booked non-refundable travel and accommodation, the costs are now lost with no chance it seems of recovery.
I am aware of this happening before on the last tour. At the end of the day I feel Leonard owes my family sixty quid, fortunately and just by chance we do end up seeing Leonard closer to home, though costing us a second hotel for this privilege, whilst the Hop Farm local hotel pockets our money and sells our unused beds for two nights to other guests.
How much have others lost, is anyone considering the legal position on recovering funds, it would be interesting to keep a running total of our losses so far, so let’s start off with £60 and add it up post by post.
See you in London and Dublin.
Caen 2010
1000-kissesdeep

Post by 1000-kissesdeep »

Please if anyone is in the process of a ticket exchange from ticketmaster could you tell me if you have been contacted again? I sent the form back to say i wanted an exchange for my tickets not a refund and then also confirmed this with a phone call. I explained i would be away and without access to internet or landline and to ensure tickets were sent out as i would only have one day before i travel to ensure everything is on track. I received a message today that i needed to call them before 4pm today which i was unable to do, and an email that says to contact them before the performance. I dont know why they need to contact me again. any one shed any light on this please? THNK YOU - im rather anxious about this! and with being away for the next two weeks til i travel again for the show :(
Kanga

Post by Kanga »

I dont think this will help - I replied with the rebooking form on Friday. I have heard nothing since.
Now it is the bank holiday weekend I wasn't expecting to hear until Tuesday or even 1st Sept after the deadline
2008 17 Jul - O2, London; 17 Nov - RAH, London; 22 Nov - NEC, Birmingham
2009 11 Jul - MB World, Weybridge
2012 9 Sept - Wembley Arena, London

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”