HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
Kanga

Re: URGENT: HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Post by Kanga »

Got this from ticketmaster so I'll be phoning tomorrow morning:

"
Leonard Cohen - Hop Farm, Kent

Dear Ticketmaster customer,

This is an important email regarding the Leonard Cohen events at Hop Farm, Kent, on 8 and 9 September 2012.

We have been informed that Leonard Cohen will not be taking place at Hop Farm on 8 and 9 September 2012, and instead he will now be performing at Wembley Arena on the same nights.

Original tickets will not be valid.

If you wish to exchange your booking to the Wembley Arena events on the same dates, please call our Customer Support line on 08444 999 999 from 9:30am on 24 August 2012.

Please note that if we do not hear from you by 5pm on, 31 August 2012, we will assume you do not wish to exchange and refund your booking.

The following is a statement from the promoter:

"We're sure you're excited to see the forthcoming Leonard Cohen Old Ideas World Tour 2012.

Due to unforeseen circumstances , Leonard's two shows at Hop Farm, Kent on 8 and 9 September 2012 will no longer be taking place at the venue. Leonard will still bring his much anticipated Old Ideas World Tour to the UK with the scheduled shows now taking place indoors, fully seated at London's historic Wembley Arena on 8 and 9 September 2012.

We look forward to seeing you at Wembley for two magical nights with Leonard."

If you require any further assistance, please visit our FAQs by clicking on: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/h/help.html
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Best Wishes,
Ticketmaster Customer Service
"
2008 17 Jul - O2, London; 17 Nov - RAH, London; 22 Nov - NEC, Birmingham
2009 11 Jul - MB World, Weybridge
2012 9 Sept - Wembley Arena, London
gemini5

Re: Hop Farm concert moved to Wembley?

Post by gemini5 »

Hi,

I am a new forum member from Israel.
I have purchased tickets to the Leonard Cohen hop farm venue through lastminute.com
They are now not listing the event at all.
I have flight tickets to the UK especially to see this concert and am flying out This Sunday.
I cannot book new tickets through eventim because the only option is that they send them by DHL and this way I cannot receive them.
I tried calling Eventim and they won't help.
at last minute they are not answering.
i really do not know what to do..
your suggestions will be appreciated...

****Problem solved, and she has new ticket. Thanks Marie and Jacqui of AEG! / Jarkko***
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Hi gemini5

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems contacting lastminute.com

It may just be a question of timing and they may have some information about the change of venue and exchange of tickets tomorrow. Whilst they are listed as an "official" seller for Hop Farm, they are not one of the main ticket agencies so it is possible that they will be one of the last to hear about their allocation of tickets for the new venue.

I did try to call them for you to see if I could get any information but I missed them for today (office hours are 8.00 am to 8.00 pm UK time). I will try again tomorrow and let you know if they have any useful information. In the meantime, I suggest you e-mail them via the Customer Support page on the website giving your booking number and explaining the problem.

Good luck. I hope you get it sorted out.

Wendy
gemini5

Post by gemini5 »

Hi Mabeanie1

That is so kind of you.
I sent an email to lastminute the moment i heard about the change.
I appreciate your help.
Thank You so much
purplelips

Post by purplelips »

had booked travelodge tunbridge wells for 2 nights cant get a refund will have to travel to wembley arena from there now anybody got the same problem
badger22

Post by badger22 »

I too received the email saying Hop Farm dates were not going ahead BUT the concerts (same dates - 8th & 9th Sept) have been moved to Wembley Arena. BBC News site confirms - this appears legit. The email I received also said I would recieve a refund for Hop Farm tickets within 5 working days and there was a link to book tickets for Wembley Arena ahead of general public booking. I managed to book relacement tickets in a bit of a panic, BUT the seat selector option did not work so I had to put up with 'best available'. I will wait (over bank holiday weekend!) to see if a refund transpires as promised. I feel dreadfully sorry for anyone who doesnt suddenly have an additional few hundred pounds (or whatever) available ahead of a refund arriving, or who had great seats which are now worse (me) or who has not even seen this email (it went into my junk folder) or wont until it has sold out, or who have made arrangements now put in disarray. Hmmmm . . . not a happy situation at all - I hope/trust reasons for the switch were good. Personally I didnt like the idea of seeing him in a field in Kent one bit - I always hoped it would be Royal Albert Hall or, at a pinch, the O2 again . . . .
To the person with flights and ticket problems forom Israel - the link I followed (in the email sent) allowed me to buy tickets and edit the delivery address to get them sent to an address different to my card - ie could you simply get them sent to a UK address (this may not be possible for some good reason in your case) ?
clive cass

Post by clive cass »

We have booked a 10 day holiday just around going to Hop Farm, all hotels are non cancellable as well as several theatre and tours booked. I would be happy to take this mater to court on behalf of anyone and sue the hell out of the organisers. Some legal egals will say they have no legal responsibility and in contract they have not but they have a responsibility and can be made to pay for it
Dublin(3) 14/5/12, Lille 25/9/10, Liverpool 14/7/09, Manchester 30/11/08, Manchester 17/6/08, London 1988 or 1993 date unknown, Manchester 27/2/85
lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze »

Paul Zagreb wrote:Ticketmaster - at their best in a crisis! Reads more like a holding email until they work out how to make money from it. Still, the fact that they claimed to have learned about it from the press speaks volumes for co-ordination and co-operation, doesn't it?

One way they have made money out of it is charging handling and booking fees twice. Plus I know some people paid the £5 insurance fee. They get you all ways now.
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze »

gemini5 wrote:Hi,

I am new to the forum.
I am from israel and am coming to the UK especially for this concert. I will be flying over this Sunday.
I have purchased 2 tickets to see Leonard Cohen at the hop farm through lastminute.com
The site does not list this event any longer (not even the new one at the wembley arena) and cannot be reached by phone.
I tried purchasing new tickets from the evenntim site but it is required to be sent overseas by DHL and there is no way I can receive them in time.
I tried calling the site but they won't help saying the tickets are not on sale yet.
Does anyone have any ideas what to do?
Two people will be devistated to go through all this and not to get a chance to be at the concert in the end...

If you purchase tickets on line you can print them out yourself immediately yo buy them
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze »

I have purchased tickets to the Leonard Cohen hop farm venue through lastminute.com
I have flight tickets to the UK especially to see this concert and am flying out This Sunday.
I cannot book new tickets through eventim because the only option is that they send them by DHL and this way I cannot receive them.
If you buy your tickets on line you can print them out immediately
A Thousand Kisses Deep

Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

lightasabreeze wrote:

If you buy your tickets on line you can print them out immediately
Many people have been reporting that this option has not been available for purchases from Eventim.

W
gemini5

Post by gemini5 »

Hi lightasabreeze,

I started ordering new tickets but the site prompts me to choose DHL international delivery. There is no option for choosing printed tickets before order confirmation stage and I am a bit hesitant to risk it.
However not all is lost and with the help of MarieM I may still get the chance to see Leonard Cohen in concert.
keeping my fingers crossed..
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

How long is this concert? Maximum? I notice that the Wembley show starts early, and I'd like to calculate rouhly when I will be able to get away.
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
cathye

Post by cathye »

I bought tickets for 8th through Ticketmaster and for 9th through Eventim. I have heard from Ticketmaster about transfer to Wembley but so far nothing from Eventim. Anyone know what's happening re Eventim tickets?
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

cathye wrote:I bought tickets for 8th through Ticketmaster and for 9th through Eventim. I have heard from Ticketmaster about transfer to Wembley but so far nothing from Eventim. Anyone know what's happening re Eventim tickets?
Provided you purchased your ticket online so they have your e-mail address, you should have received an e-mail from Eventim around lunchtime / early afternoon today cathye. I suggest you check your Spam folder and give Eventim Customer Services a call first thing tomorrow if you still can't find any e-mail from them.

Wendy

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”