HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
lightasabreeze

Re: URGENT: HOP FARM SHOWS TO WEMBLEY ARENA

Post by lightasabreeze »

Think I may be among the lucky ones (for a change) My emaIl came and I had Hop Farm tickets in block A4 row C, which I was really excited about.
Then then bombshell this morning. But I got an email an hour ago and with the code they gave me I got Row C again in the centre.
I just hope all will be OK, as it is very confusing.
I feel for those who have not got the spare cash as the refund is going to take a couple of weeks before we get it.
All I have to add to make things better, is that It thunderstorms and gales blow on the Hop Farm 8/9 sept. on the weekend 8/9th Sept.
Good luck to everybody I really hope you get what you want.
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

somewhat_nifty wrote:There is now a general email going out to those who bought tickets for the Hop Farm, with a link to buy new tickets for Wembley (you will have the original ticket cost refunded). Don't quite know why I was sent this as well, but here goes:
Due to unforeseen circumstances, Leonard’s two shows at Hop Farm, Kent on 8 and 9 September will no longer be taking place at that venue.

You will be refunded the price of your tickets for the original Hop Farm event within the next five working days.

Leonard will still bring his much anticipated Old Ideas World Tour to the UK with the scheduled shows now taking place indoors, fully seated at London’s historic Wembley Arena on 8 and 9 September.

If you wish to rebook for Wembley Arena use the following link DELETED, select the special promotion ‘Leonard Cohen Past Bookers 0809’. Press send and then you will be able to select your tickets for Wembley Arena.

We look forward to seeing you at Wembley for two magical nights with Leonard.

Eventim HQ
If there is no individual code, what is to stop those who did not buy Hop Farm tickets also using this?
Last edited by Paul Zagreb on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
linmag

Post by linmag »

Below is the text of the email I received. I followed the link and got seats in the second block from the stage. This is not like for like, as I originally had seats in row B.

'Due to unforeseen circumstances, Leonard’s two shows at Hop Farm, Kent on 8 and 9 September will no longer be taking place at that venue.

You will be refunded the price of your tickets for the original Hop Farm event within the next five working days.

Leonard will still bring his much anticipated Old Ideas World Tour to the UK with the scheduled shows now taking place indoors, fully seated at London’s historic Wembley Arena on 8 and 9 September.

If you wish to rebook for Wembley Arena use the following link, select the special promotion ‘Leonard Cohen Past Bookers 0809’. Press send and then you will be able to select your tickets for Wembley Arena.

We look forward to seeing you at Wembley for two magical nights with Leonard.

Eventim HQ '
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
somewhat_nifty

Post by somewhat_nifty »

Not much actually, Paul! I think I'll delete mine, maybe edit your post? Jarkko had asked for people to post the email, but I didn't think it through...
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
songwriter

Post by songwriter »

Friends,

For anyone unfamiliar with the seating plan at Wembley Arena, this link provides some guidance. I hope I am not breaking any rules by posting external links, and if I am please of course delete this post without hesitation.

http://www.theatremonkey.com/wembleyarenabooking.htm

I will be taking my seat in block N6.
LHHUNTER

Post by LHHUNTER »

Finally got there; was in row 5 and now row 4 :D . They did offer me Javier Mas's seat on stage initially but felt it better he keeps it ;-)
Pili

Post by Pili »

I wonder why some people got emails from Eventim with a code and others got general links to presale. We had 4th row for Hop Farm and ended up with 7th row at Wembley. Obviously not bad tickets, but irritating nevertheless.
Kanga

Post by Kanga »

This is the reply from ticketmaster to my query - so no details yet -

"

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email.

We are aware that information in the press is saying that the venue has changed for this event. This has now been confirmed to us by the promoter. The details are currently being finalised and all customer will be contacted shortly.

Information will also be put on http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/help.

Kind Regards
Ticketmaster Customer Services

Should you need to contact us again, please update your question. To do this either click the link above or, if you cannot see the link, login by pasting the following link into your web browser: http://ticketmaster.custhelp.com/app/utils/login_form (your username is your email address).

Please do not reply directly to this email as your response will not be received.

"
2008 17 Jul - O2, London; 17 Nov - RAH, London; 22 Nov - NEC, Birmingham
2009 11 Jul - MB World, Weybridge
2012 9 Sept - Wembley Arena, London
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

Ticketmaster - at their best in a crisis! Reads more like a holding email until they work out how to make money from it. Still, the fact that they claimed to have learned about it from the press speaks volumes for co-ordination and co-operation, doesn't it?
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I asked AEG why some emails include an individual code and the others just a link.
The coded messages are a special service for those who got their original Hop Farm tickets through our own presale:
All fan club customers have been sent links with codes. All other customers have been sent links to book from the ring fence. The codes were to ensure that front row customers were still guaranteed front row tickets and so on.
I also told about the problem that all members don't have the cash to buy a new ticket before they get the old tickets refunded:
Any customer wishing to have tickets re-issued for the new date should speak directly to their point of purchase for refund time scales however there should be no delay in this exchange of monies that would inhibit them being able to re-book straight away
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
sueabbott

Post by sueabbott »

Probably like most of you have spent whole day on this and finally got tickets. A truly horrendous day. Now trying to work out how we claim our compulsory missed event insurance for travel and hotel near hop farm. Has anyone tackled this one yet?
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

sueabbott wrote:Probably like most of you have spent whole day on this and finally got tickets. A truly horrendous day. Now trying to work out how we claim our compulsory missed event insurance for travel and hotel near hop farm. Has anyone tackled this one yet?
I think we're out of luck Sue. As far as I can see, the insurance only covers the cost of tickets in the event that you are unable to attend a concert through illness etc. In this case, the "cancelled" tickets will be refunded so there is no loss covered by the insurance. Cancellation or postponement of the event are specifically excluded, presumably on the basis that you should get a refund direct from the ticket seller.

Wendy
Cashaca

Post by Cashaca »

For info this is the response I got from HMV (ticketmaster?) today at 3.30 - telling us to hold on to tickets!
Luckily I managaged to get onto the other site and got ones in row 14 so while not close enough it's not as bad as could be if waiting for this crew to sort themselves out!

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I am sorry to hear that your event has been altered.

I have looked into this for you and can confirm that at the moment we are advising customer to retain their tickets pending further instructions.

Once the details have been confirmed by the promoters, customers will be contacted directly and informed.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us
Leafs1967

Hop Farm concert moved to Wembley?

Post by Leafs1967 »

Just received an email saying 'Due to unforeseen circumstances, Leonard’s two shows at Hop Farm, Kent on 8 and 9 September will no longer be taking place at that venue.' Just wanted to confirm that this is legit before following the links to (re)purchase tickets. Anyone have any info?
Edinburgh Castle (2008), London 02 (2009), New York, Radio City Music Hall (2010), London, Royal Albert Hall (2010), London, Wembley (2012), Berlin (2013)
IMM

Re: Hop Farm concert moved to Wembley?

Post by IMM »

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”