CONCERT REPORTS: Ghent, Aug 12, 14, 15, 17 & 18

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
yoeri

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Ghent, Aug 12, 14, 15, 17 & 18

Post by yoeri »

save the last dance:
well, even dolly parton has her version :D
Last edited by yoeri on Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
2008: Athens
2009: Madrid
2010: Gent, Lille
2012: Gent, Berlin, Madrid
2013: Antwerp, Brussels, Pula, Amsterdam
B4real

Post by B4real »

ah Roman,
I was thinking it was that song which I remember very well ... but LC singing it now .... if it is the same one ...... must be a good reason for it which we will no doubt find out soon enough :razz:
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

Well, LC always loves to take a sad song and make it bitter ;-)
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

yoeri wrote:flemish news report:

http://www.deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/m ... /1.1401179

with video of dance me (and the violin :D )
I will just say WOW to the new sound.
Vlastik

Post by Vlastik »

Yes, Tom. It is amazing! And I thought it can´t get any better...
Vlasta
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Er, Field Commander Cohen?
Joan of Arc?
Banjo?
A Singer Must Die?
The Guests!!!!
Night Comes On...............
LIGHTS AS THE BREEZE??

I am just having an heart attack just looking at this photo.
IrishMar

Post by IrishMar »

Me too Tom. It's AMAZING !!!

Mar
2008 DUB3 LDN Helsinki LDN Paris MAN
2009 NYC Boston Weybridge DUB4 Belfast Lisboa Bratislava Barcelona Chicago LV SJ
2010 Zagreb Sligo2 Berlin Ghent2 Firenze Marseille Katowice Bratislava Victoria Vancouver LV2
2012 Ghent2 A'dam2 Helsinki DUB4 Verona Paris2 Boston2
2013 NYC Brussels Prague Vienna Zurich MAN
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

fantastic concert though,violin notwithstanding,I missed dino. 3 songs after I tried to leave you.......sisters of mercy.....save the last dance for me....waiting for the miracle. leonard on great form and obviously relishing performing, Security was lax so there will probably be lots of video.i shot a lot and will upload soon :D
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
B4real

Post by B4real »

You know, just thinking about this set list .... how exciting it would have been to be there on the first night not knowing what song was coming next!
A special treat for those who were fortunate enough to be there!!

EDIT: Thank you cohenadmirer - I can hardly wait for your welcomed videos :D
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
sharon.e

Post by sharon.e »

I'm completely blown away by this setlist.
It's 2am on a school night, so I'll read the mass of reports in the morning. But even now, it's already clear it was a stellar night.

Gnight!
--Sharon
2009 Tel Aviv; San Jose
2010 Sligo [x2] ; Las Vegas [x2]
2012 Berlin; Paris; New York, Brooklyn
2013 London (Sept); Amsterdam
Cheshire gal

Post by Cheshire gal »

I will be wildly happy if Leonard will actually sing Joan of Arc again.....please let him do it when he comes back to Boston in December. Pleeze :D :D
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SeventhSon

Post by SeventhSon »

This concert was absolutely amazing. The setlist was great (Some nice surprises (I never would have believed that Leonard would play "I can't forget") and all the Old Ideas songs sounded fantastic). Especially the ending was very exciting because I was convinced that after "I tried to Leave you" it would be over, but no, 3 more songs. Wow! Fantastic. Only thing missing was Whither Thou Goest as closer. :)

Leonard and the band were in great shape as usual.

The only thing I did not like, was the way Democracy sounded (I don't know how you call what Leonard played during the song, but in my opinion it did not fit the mood of the song and ruined it a bit by sounding too much like happy circus music. Also, he should have sung the chorus together with the Webb Sisters).

Look forward for the upcoming shows, you will not be disappointed! :D

PS: I had two dutch women sitting behind me who were smoking, talking and singing all the time with their horrible smoky voices. They just wouldn't stop and when I asked them to be quiet, they just kept going, ruining me the entire "Everybody knows" song by singing it so loud, I couldn't concentrate on Leonard anymore. I left during that song (They had already ruined me the opener, Bird on a wire and The Future) and went to some empty seats at the back, although I had payed 99 Euro for the Golden Circle seats. This makes me very angry. After the pause, a couple that was sitting right next to me joined me on the empty seats in the back, telling me that the two women just kept going, ruining them the entire first half. It's unbelievable that such people attend Leonard's concerts and seem to enjoy ruining other people the show. I doubt that these two women are members of the forum, but if they are and read this I just want to tell them what I wasn't able to at the concerts, because I did not want to make a scene, risking to disturb other people: F*ck off (Excuse my language).

And now, let's celebrate the first concert of the tour by many happy reports. :D
mutti

Post by mutti »

Thank you everyone for all your reports, photos and any videos coming up. I am looking forward to it all.
All day long I kept checking back and catching more almost live. Amazing this new technology isn't it?
Leonard seemed in top form and even better than ever. Oh 4 hours long..that is amazing.
and the set list is also bringing forth amazing songs. I don't know how I am going to wait until the fall
to see the concert live so for now depending on all of your posts.
Thank you Leonard for touring again! Have fun everybody...
Leslie PY 8)
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

Thank you so much to all who are sharing tweets, photos, links, reviews and so on! Very exciting for those of us still patiently waiting...

What an incredible set list! Joan of Arc would be a dream come true. November can't come soon enough!
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
regensburg

CONCERT REPORTS: Ghent, Aug 12, 14, 15, 17 & 18

Post by regensburg »

My sentiments exactly, I can't hardly wait either.

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”