PRESALE TO GHENT

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
Hartmut

Re: PRESALE TO GHENT

Post by Hartmut »

tip of the lily wrote:I received my tickets today, for the concert of the 12th, row 13, seats 20 and 21
I must say I am a bit disappointed, for I was exactly logged in at 9 0' clock at our presale, and everything passed smoothly, so how can it be
that I end up in row 13? I must have been one of the first to buy. Would it help to complain?
I doubt it. You're by far not the only one who has experienced this.
BEATRIZ SALLES

Post by BEATRIZ SALLES »

Gent tickets arrived!
Only 16th row... But anyway atending the first tour concert and meeting you all is going to be great!
2008 Paris. 2009 Barcelona. 2010 Marseille. 2012 Ghent. Verona. Barcelona. Lisbon. 2013 Antwerpen, Berlin, Pula.
yoeri

Post by yoeri »

A week ago I got an email saying tickets are sent (secured sending), but no sign of tickets up till now.
Also strange that now at this moment for 14/8 you can buy tickets again, even for third row, golden circle...
2008: Athens
2009: Madrid
2010: Gent, Lille
2012: Gent, Berlin, Madrid
2013: Antwerp, Brussels, Pula, Amsterdam
Winterblossom

Post by Winterblossom »

Exactly the same thing happened to me: Bought my tickets in the first minutes of presale and I am in row 13 too...I don't believe the sherpa system gives you the best available tickets there are at that moment. It seems more like a lottery to me.
tip of the lily wrote:I received my tickets today, for the concert of the 12th, row 13, seats 20 and 21
I must say I am a bit disappointed, for I was exactly logged in at 9 0' clock at our presale, and everything passed smoothly, so how can it be
that I end up in row 13? I must have been one of the first to buy. Would it help to complain?
Anyway, for the concert of Amsterdam I have excellent tickets, thanks to our lord Wybe.
See you in Ghent or Amsterdam!

Lydia
I came so far for beauty, I left so much behind...
1985 Brussels-1988 Antwerp-2008 Bruges and Brussels-2009 Antwerp-2010 Ghent (2x)-2012 Ghent (2x)-2013 Antwerp
victoriaplum

Post by victoriaplum »

My tickets arrived this week too! Row 15 is completely fine for me as I am really central, so will have a great view of LC without a crained neck.

Having bought quite a lot of tickets this week for various concerts, mostly through pre-sales, it seems to be the case that 09:00 as soon as the pre-sale open is not the best time to get tickets. As that is when *everyone* attempts to get tickets so it doesn't offer you the best available seats - I got two tickets this week at 09:40 and they were better seats than the ones they said were 'best available' at 09:00. Basically, people 'reserve' tickets then cancel the reservation, i.e., don't go through with payment so the system then later releases all these reserved tickets. I think many many people do this, giving the impressin there aren't many good seats left at 09:10am or something, and then a massive percentage don't go through to the check out. It's all a bit of a gamble, but worth playing around with to get good seats, or if you can afford the risk, buying two tickets at 09:00, then waiting a bit, and buying two more of the seats that are better and selling the lousiest tickets.

anwyay, i am happy - looking forward to the summer!
Dance me to the end of love
------------------------------------
'Live in London' 2008; Ghent 2012; London 2013.
glass

Post by glass »

My tickets were in the mailbox today :) Don't ask me how, because there's no mail on Saturdays here... My mom thought that maybe the tickets had been dropped in the wrong mailbox and some kind soul dropped them off at the right address? It was pretty obvious that there were tickets in the envelope, so I'm lucky they arrived, I guess. I thought you were supposed to sign for delivery?
yoeri

Post by yoeri »

Yes my tickets arrived today. But as others have said: nothing secure about it: they just dropped it in mailbox without further notice.
2008: Athens
2009: Madrid
2010: Gent, Lille
2012: Gent, Berlin, Madrid
2013: Antwerp, Brussels, Pula, Amsterdam
bekaert

Post by bekaert »

I just checked the sherpa.be website and there are golden circle tickets available for EACH OF THE 5 NIGHTS !!!!!!

And all the cheaper classes as well.

My feeling is that http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/tour2012-index.html and http://www.leonardcoheningent.be/ should update their websites, because the Sold Out information is misleading. :( :(

Regards

Piet
Franks

Post by Franks »

I can confirm.
Just bought 2 tickets for Saturday the 18th. Row 9. :D
Received confirmation email from Sherpa.
Payed with a Dutch MasterCard.
Frank.
literman

Post by literman »

the ticket i bought the presale day for the first concert hasent arrived yet in spite a mail fron sherpa on the 11 of april,
anyone on the same situation?
Chubi

Post by Chubi »

Literman, I am in the same situation.
My tickets were supposedly sent on 17th April, but they never arrived. I informed Sherpa by phone at the beginning of May and was told - when I called again two days later - that they had sent them again on May 3rd by registered mail. These too have not arrived. I have called: they said the tickets were returned but they refused to give me a registration number for me to check with my post office if they were ever here at all. They also told me that I would have to pick up the tickets at the venue. As I have no written confirmation of this new arrangement (or of anything since 17th April), the last thing I have done was contact them by email this week-end, and ask them to confirm in writing that my tickets would be available at the venue. I also asked for a refund of the shipping fee. I have no reply. Also, everytime I have called them, they said they would call me back to inform me about the next steps, but they never did.
I purchased tickets through them several years ago, had no problems then, and haven't moved since.
I am at my wit's end. I don't like the idea of going to a venue a few hours away from home not knowing if the tickets will really be there...
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Chubi

I had a problem with a "lost" ticket in 2010. Like you, I had to collect a replacement ticket before the show. Like you, I was nervous about this arrangement -I didn't have anything in writing and what would happen if the ticket wasn't there for me to collect? All I can say is that it all worked out fine and the ticket was waiting for me when the box office opened before the show.

Wendy
Chubi

Post by Chubi »

Thank you Wendy. Your experience makes me hopeful that my tickets will be waiting for me in Gent. :-)

Véronique

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”