Accomodation hints in Verona

Everything about the European leg of the World Tour!
tinderella

Re: Accomodation hints in Verona

Post by tinderella »

Looking forward to that battle Ken, with Trish and I more used to Guinness I bet we will be useless on those posh drinks, but who cares, you have your 2 fave Dubliners beside ya at the bar....
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

bernadine...wow!! that's excellent news that you and trish (aka the dolly sisters) are coming to verona...looks like verona is going to a be great meet-up.....btw spritz ain't a 'posh' drink...it's the everyday drink that everybody drinks in that part of italy from the dustman down to the banker......depending on where you buy one they only cost only about 3 or 4 euros and believe me you only need a couple......and they just happen to taste fantastic......btw is the german fellah coming?
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Ah Ken we will have a great time for sure.

Cannot wait, and we hope to get a short trip to 'Venice in also. We are there from early morning 24th to late evening 26th. I dont know if Henning is coming yet but I am sure we will all meet up somewhere again along the new Tour Road :) :)

Its great times again to look forward to for sure.
oblivion

Post by oblivion »

:D bon giorno :D
i booked the marco polo, it´s only 5 minutes from the arena,
(andrea, gegen den lärm muss ich wohl ohrstöpsel mitbringen ((-; )
i´ll stay from 23-26!
i´m looking forwards for sprizz, friends and leonard
ute
frankfurt+munic 1976; nuremberg 1988; lörrach, berlin, frankfurt+london 2008;
new york, cologne, venice, istanbul, prague + barcelona 2009
sligo, berlin, ghent, wiesbaden, strasbourg, marseille, hannover, dortmund, warsaw, las vegas 2010
ghent, helsinki, berlin, dublin, verona, paris...2012
oberhausen, mannheim, bruxelles, lucca, hamburg, odense, amsterdam...2013
jackiet

Post by jackiet »

Hi, looking for advice, have never been to Verona, have booked Best Western Hotel Firenze as it's supposed to be close to Arena and good for sight seeing, is that true? Also, how easy is it to get there from Verona airport?

Many thanks
Jackie
crystal

Post by crystal »

Have booked the hotel Verona, I am so excited.
See you, Christel
daveeliver

Post by daveeliver »

Hi Andrea, Marco, everyone

Just to let you know the Liverpool contingent is increasing.

Linda and myself have booked accommodation (Hotel Rigoletto) and are arriving early Sunday 23rd.from Manchester and departing late Wednesday 26th.

Count us in for any walks (????) meals, beers, or anything else legal(or otherwise) and fun!

Hope the Italian presale is not too stressful and we end up with decent seats.
Looking forward to seeing everybody.

Take care

Verdeti in Italia

Dave
♫♫♫♫
♫♫♫♫
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
andrea

Post by andrea »

jackiet wrote:Hi, looking for advice, have never been to Verona, have booked Best Western Hotel Firenze as it's supposed to be close to Arena and good for sight seeing, is that true? Also, how easy is it to get there from Verona airport?

Many thanks
Jackie

Hi Jackie, it is a good choice, go ahead. It is close to the Arena :-)

Ones we know how many you will be I will organize an english guide for sightseeing...but for details we have enough time.
From the airport take the shuttle bus (ca 6 Euro ) to the station in Verona. Hotel Firenze is 10 minutes walk or you take(1 or 2 stops) a bus or taxi

Andrea
1976 june Zürich (both evenings)
2008 july london - july loerrach - july lucca - october berlin - october milan - november london
2009 july koeln - august venice - september barcelona
2010: july salzburg - september florence- - december las vegas
2012: august ghent - september berlin - verona
2013: august pula - august Zürich
irmgard

Post by irmgard »

Hi, Isolde and me will be in Verona from the 23rd to 26th.
Looking forward to see you all.

Irmgard und Isolde
scot10

Post by scot10 »

Hello everyone!

About time I joined instead of lurking.

Re Verona. I went to see Ennio Morricone at the Arena in 2010. Stayed at the Best Western Armando. Lovely traditional Italian hotel, fully modernised and 5 mins walk from the Arena and the Piazza. I highly reccommend it.

Ticketone are very efficient, I've used them on 2 occasions and received tickets within days (by courier).

The Verona show will be awesome in a wonderful setting. If I could afford it........

Hoping for dates in Scotland, got 2 in 2008.
mamcglynn09

Post by mamcglynn09 »

Looking forward to meeting up with some old friends in Verona. Too late to get into the named hotels...all full now, but have booked a small hotel close to the arena.
Some good red wine, some warm September sun, good company.....and then divine Leonard and the ensemble. Does it really get any better ?? :D :D
Marianne09
2008 - Edinburgh; Cardiff; Manchester.
2009 - Liverpool, July 14th; Dublin July 19,20,21st; Belfast July 26th; Barcelona - Sep 21st
2010 - 31st July & 1st August, Sligo ; 21st September, Marseilles; 10th, 11th December, Las Vegas
2012 - 12th; 14th September, Dublin.
jackiet

Post by jackiet »

Hi Andrea and all

Many thanks for the hotel advice, would have thanked you before but have only just got my internet back at home. We would have stayed at Best Western Armando but that was already booked and I booked the hotel even before the Verona tickets went on sale! I'm really looking forward to seeing Leonard there it looks amazing, I'm so grateful to him for playing in such beautiful settings. We've already manged to see him at St Peters Square in Ghent and are returning again on this tour, have also seen him in many other places, including Barcelona on his 75th birthday and Waldbühne in Berlin, all magical moments in time. (Not forgetting Weybridge in the pouring rain!).

Jackie
Pawel Gorny

Post by Pawel Gorny »

I recommend http://www.ilghiro.net/ B&B
Really good nice place, but two rooms (with a double beds) only.
Liamberney

Post by Liamberney »

With Andrea's help, finally got ourselves tickets! Fly from Manchester on the 26th (same flight as Margaret, who we look forward to meeting) and return on the 26th (look forward to catching up with Ken!) and have booked accommodation at the Best Western Hotel Firenze. Looking forward to catching up with friends and meeting those we have not yet met (but who we feel we know well.

Kath & Liam

***you will be arriving on 23rd if it is the same flight Margaret is using?? / jarkko***
friscogrl

Post by friscogrl »

Hi Liam and Kath,

I enjoyed meeting the both of you in Gothenburg and it will great to see you again in Verona!

Marsha
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / Europe”